• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

@Wiki Volunteers

A

Alente1

Howdy folks, this is aimed at those of you who have been incontact with Brutal and I regarding assisting with the Wiki's initial implementation.

I'm happy to announce the Wiki itself is currently online although still in early development, editing is - at this point - closed to anyone who has not been directly approved by myself or Brutal.

We haven't announced this properly yet as I'd like to get the foundations in a better state before releasing this to the main public and there's some forum stuff coming up which may eat all my time for a day or so.

Having said that if you are experienced with Wikis and wish to contribute ahead of the crowd please leave a message here briefly detailing any experience you have and what you intend to work on. Also include your account name from the wiki. If we chose not to bring you in at this point please don't be offended, at this stage a heavy focus is going to be on setting up pages from scratch and getting the backend in. Once that's done anyone and everyone will be welcome to pop in and help contribute =)

Note: I wont be on until later than usual tomorrow (5-6PM in PST I think?) If Brutal is around he may approve some people though. I'll try to hop on briefly while I'm out too.

A big thank you to anyone and everyone who helps out at any point down the line, we appreciate it!

-Alente.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Well said and very informative. I'll be sure to randomly pop onto the Wiki and correct any grammatical errors and/or spelling. Ya know, the easy shit? What else is Staff for? Haha.

Yes, if anyone wishes to be Wiki-Volunteers, let me or Alente know. Our goal is to have a one-stop place for new players and veterans to be able to go to for any and all question regarding Herocraft! Let's make it happen guys!

Not just a Minecraft server, we're Herocraft and a community!

PS:

Hi

A

Alente1

Also please note that even if you have already PMd myself and Brutal from the original thread it would still be highly advisable to make a post here with the requested information.

Going to bed now, busy day tomorrow =(

Take care.

EDIT: If you add people Brutal put them in the Contributor group please =)

Hi guys,

I am happy and eager to contribute towards the wiki.

I have written before for the Kingdom of Loathing wiki: http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Main_Page

I have taken a digital cultures class in my first year of university which involved working with wikis and although I'm not really an expert, I believe I am capable of making a decent contribution.

I'm not really focused on one area to contribute, I am happy to browse around filling in holes for things like townlists, commands, approved addons, places of interest, Newbie guides etc. or in whatever category I'm needed.

I am a creative writing student so you can expect to get only satisfying grammar and spelling from me; I am also often inclined to edit people's grammatical errors and typos.

My user name on the wiki is SupaSkwirrel and I look forward to contributing towards this informative, unbiased and well needed source of information.

Kind Regards,
SupaSkwirrel

P.S Will forward a copy of this application to Brutal.

iFizzE

Legacy Supporter 5
Hi, I would like to help out with the wiki as well, I don't have much coding background but I am able to write articles that many will understand. I also am a notorious grammar Nazi and I used to constantly bug people in ch g for info, so I am now well informed :p. My wiki username is ifizze and I would greatlynappreciate it if I could help with the wiki and NOT be abused

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Heyo! I am excited to help out and fill countless wiki pages with information about Herocraft! I spell-check twice and can write unbiased as well as in great detail. I know a lot about Herocraft from the months I've played here and I know for the most part who to talk to if I don't know something.

Hope to talk to you soon!

A

Alente1

SupaSkwirrel said:
Hi guys,

I am happy and eager to contribute towards the wiki.

I have written before for the Kingdom of Loathing wiki: http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Main_Page

I have taken a digital cultures class in my first year of university which involved working with wikis and although I'm not really an expert, I believe I am capable of making a decent contribution.

I'm not really focused on one area to contribute, I am happy to browse around filling in holes for things like townlists, commands, approved addons, places of interest, Newbie guides etc. or in whatever category I'm needed.

I am a creative writing student so you can expect to get only satisfying grammar and spelling from me; I am also often inclined to edit people's grammatical errors and typos.

My user name on the wiki is SupaSkwirrel and I look forward to contributing towards this informative, unbiased and well needed source of information.

Kind Regards,
SupaSkwirrel

P.S Will forward a copy of this application to Brutal.

Good stuff mate, added to the Wiki.

iFizzE said:
Hi, I would like to help out with the wiki as well, I don't have much coding background but I am able to write articles that many will understand. I also am a notorious grammar Nazi and I used to constantly bug people in ch g for info, so I am now well informed :p. My wiki username is ifizze and I would greatlynappreciate it if I could help with the wiki and NOT be abused

Added =)

@Dom - you don't appear to be registered.

As far as what needs to be done take a look around there's a fair amount, feel free to discuss it here too. I'd chat but I'm running majorly late so -jumps into the shower-

Don't be afraid to ask questions rather than breaking pages and then worrying about it! Haha

Algebraic

Wood
Hey, i'll help write some articles for the wiki if ya want me to. I don't have a TON of coding experience (i'm willing to learn) but i have been on the server since the beginning of map 1 so i know the community, a lot of the rules, and i like to think i'm not a terrible writer.

EDIT: Plus i can use spell check functions.... :p

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Algebraic said:
Hey, i'll help write some articles for the wiki if ya want me to. I don't have a TON of coding experience (i'm willing to learn) but i have been on the server since the beginning of map 1 so i know the community, a lot of the rules, and i like to think i'm not a terrible writer.

Algebraic one of our oldest members - hes good by me.

Figgis

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey, I would actually love to take my guide on Herocraft Usershops to the Wiki. Giving an outline on how to make a shop in it also. Along with any other projects you put me towards on the wiki. I am pretty knowledgeable about this server and I am willing to spend time passing on what I have learned.

-Noobeata

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Figgis said:
Hey, I would actually love to take my guide on Herocraft Usershops to the Wiki. Giving an outline on how to make a shop in it also. Along with any other projects you put me towards on the wiki. I am pretty knowledgeable about this server and I am willing to spend time passing on what I have learned.

-Noobeata

Hell yah! And help get out the fact that we're trying to recruit more people to contribute! Refer them to this thread and/or have them PM me or Alente.

A

Alente1

Kainzo said:
Algebraic said:

Algebraic one of our oldest members - hes good by me.

That's fine, just register and let us know your account name =)

Figgis said:

-Noobeata

Sounds good, let us know when you've registered an account.

Figgis

Legacy Supporter 5
Hell yah! And help get out the fact that we're trying to recruit more people to contribute! Refer them to this thread and/or have them PM me or Alente.
Will do, I plan on spending most of my gaming time during the testing of heroes testing that and working on my wiki entry. Along with seeing if we can get more people into this.
Sounds good, let us know when you've registered an account.

Done

AngryMochi

Glowing Redstone
Like everyone else, I'd be more than happy to assist with this project. I'm a frequent en.wiki contributor and I wouldn't mind adding to a community wiki which would actually see some use. I can write quickly and concisely; two traits which I believe to be essential for any wiki contributor. I am also familiar with the MediaWiki syntax (which wikias are formatted in). I don't really have much else to say; if you're in need of more support for the wiki, shoot me a PM. My username on the wiki is AngryMochi.

Edit: For some reason it posted the original text three times...

A

Alente1

AngryMochi said:
Like everyone else, I'd be more than happy to assist with this project. I'm a frequent en.wiki contributor and I wouldn't mind adding to a community wiki which would actually see some use. I can write quickly and concisely; two traits which I believe to be essential for any wiki contributor. I am also familiar with the MediaWiki syntax (which wikias are formatted in). I don't really have much else to say; if you're in need of more support for the wiki, shoot me a PM. My username on the wiki is AngryMochi.

Edit: For some reason it posted the original text three times...

We're happy to welcome the help, permissions updated =)

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm up for helping. Spend more time on my laptop doing nothing when I'm out of the house. That time could be better used on the wiki. I'm probably more familiar then some about Herocraft (Though I know I'm not the most familiar), so that might help,
I'm TrinityDown on there too :p