• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Wiki Rules Page

ForTehZZZ

Coal
I just looked around the Wiki and stumbled upon the ''Server Rules'' page. I had a look at what was there and.. well..

BY GOD WAS IT WIERD!

Basically the rules were all out of date. For instance, I saw some rules there that said no PvP or stealing in townships! I even found rules about Warshard, an old map.​

I suggest we create a new rules page, or just edit the current one. The new and improved page will be split into certain sections of the page. It will have categories such as:​

- PvP and Stealing: Giving information about where it is allowed to PvP and steal. Also has more in depth information such as lava bucket use and inside of non-PvP-zones skill use (such as using fire arrows). This obviously will mention a bit about townships and PvP.​

- Griefing: What to not grief and what to grief (such as rare blocks). What is legal to grief after time and the claiming of abandond wilderness homes.​

- Mob Spawners: If you can use them and what for. Rules on what not to do, such as MOB falling damages and ''you can hit them and they can't hit you'' designs, and any other rules regarding it.​

- Buildings: What you can build and what not to build, regarding things such as pixel art and ugly buildings. Also says a bit about griefing.​

In other words, this page is split up into categories with each category considering things your allowed to do and things your not allowed to do.​

I think it will help us gather all of the rules that are not written on the basic server rules.​

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Yeah, that was the page I was mainly talking about. My main concern about it is that some tex needed to be re-writen and polished a bit more. The way the rules are currently presented is cool, but I believe that it would be better to split them into categories. This would make it easier to find specific rules! :D

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
If you believe a wilderness house is abandoned you may leave a sign outside it inquiring to the owner. If the owner does not reply to your sign in three days you may take the property.

That rule seems a bit extreme, 3 days is not long enough in my opinion.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Agreed. For instance, what if your on holiday? Or your computer is broken? Or your internet service provider is having difficulties?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
That rule seems a bit extreme, 3 days is not long enough in my opinion.
If you're stranded on a remotely island without access to the internet, we will make exceptions... however, its quite easy to leave a sign stating Be back X date - or at least tell a friend to look after it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah, that was the page I was mainly talking about. My main concern about it is that some tex needed to be re-writen and polished a bit more. The way the rules are currently presented is cool, but I believe that it would be better to split them into categories. This would make it easier to find specific rules! :D
Perhaps - polished in what way?

ForTehZZZ

Coal
I mean like making sure punctuation is correct, the sentaces all make sense ect ect. In addition, some rules state old towns or maps (Such as sanctum and warshard).