• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Why hasn't anyone suggested this yet?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
As the title says, I'm really really surprised no one has mentioned a game mode similar to the hunger games. All in all it would be quite easy to set up (right?) when comparing to all these other events suggested. Anyway keeping it plain and simple would be the best way to go in my opinion. Now, onto the game mode itself;

Someone can think of a fancy name relating to the lore for this (maybe call it "Clash of the houses"?)
It will be a FFA game mode, PVP is on.
Map will be quite small, 1000 by 1000 (maybe with a boarder that is being reduced over time?)
Just like the hunger games, everyone will start in a central point with a big pile of loot I'm front of them
Last player standing wins

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
As the title says, I'm really really surprised no one has mentioned a game mode similar to the hunger games. All in all it would be quite easy to set up (right?) when comparing to all these other events suggested. Anyway keeping it plain and simple would be the best way to go in my opinion. Now, onto the game mode itself;

Someone can think of a fancy name relating to the lore for this (maybe call it "Clash of the houses"?)
It will be a FFA game mode, PVP is on.
Map will be quite small, 1000 by 1000 (maybe with a boarder that is being reduced over time?)
Just like the hunger games, everyone will start in a central point with a big pile of loot I'm front of them
Last player standing wins
I have always thought this would be really cool, but some things to think about are:

1. Some classes need more reagents then others, giving a slight advantage
2. Alliances would be formed, and judging how people reacted to LMS last map and pvp towns this map, idk how it would go.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I have always thought this would be really cool, but some things to think about are:

2. Alliances would be formed, and judging how people reacted to LMS last map and pvp towns this map, idk how it would go.

Well I go agree with you that certain classes require certain regents which is a pain but I suppose it would kinda sway peoples decisions when choosing classes. Another point we've got to think about is what level character do the players start out as? We we start them at 10. 65? Or do we add a 2000% exp gain and start them from level 1.And yeah, alliances will be formed within it but there's not much we can do to prevent that (I could see this happening with the FFA map) so we can only hope the AoE skills cause some friendly fire issues

Last edited:

RagingDragon5

Portal

Well I go agree with you that certain classes require certain regents which is a pain but I suppose it would kinda sway peoples decisions when choosing classes. Another point we've got to think about is what level character do the players start out as? We we start them at 10. 65? Or do we add a 2000% exp gain and start them from level 1.And yeah, alliances will be formed within it but there's not much we can do to prevent that (I could see this happening with the FFA map) so we can only hope the AoE skills cause some friendly fire issues

For the reagent issue. When the class is chosen and the game started. Depending on that class, the players start off with a minimal amount of reagents.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's been an idea tossed around by the team for quite sometime. However, it takes time and consideration before implementing.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
With heroes it could be pretty awesome,
At game start all the heroes would start out as a Lost soul, and at level 5 they would pick a spec. Every 2 minutes of survival time would award a level as well as gaining a level on each player kill.
"Herocraft Hungergames". 3rd 2nd and 1st place could even get a HC reward post match. You could even leaderboard it with a points system specific to the games.

Not sure that it would be healthy against normal HC Aegis PVP, but it would sure be fun.

Clawscript

Obsidian
Well, as long as we modify it in a slight way which would make it different and better than your average HG server, it would be great.
I don't really have specific ideas for it now :/

However, you did mention Houses, which got me thinking, maybe we should make Clans something more than fighting groups. Perhaps they could be renamed into Houses which in a way could have influence on towns and such. This idea could be worked on in another thread.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
With heroes it could be pretty awesome,
At game start all the heroes would start out as a Lost soul, and at level 5 they would pick a spec. Every 2 minutes of survival time would award a level as well as gaining a level on each player kill.
"Herocraft Hungergames". 3rd 2nd and 1st place could even get a HC reward post match. You could even leaderboard it with a points system specific to the games.

Not sure that it would be healthy against normal HC Aegis PVP, but it would sure be fun.

This seems like a very good twist, giving this hunger games a very different feel. However, I would only have this as an event rather than a game mode so it shouldn't effect Aegis more than other events taking place

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Well, as long as we modify it in a slight way which would make it different and better than your average HG server, it would be great.
I don't really have specific ideas for it now :/

However, you did mention Houses, which got me thinking, maybe we should make Clans something more than fighting groups. Perhaps they could be renamed into Houses which in a way could have influence on towns and such. This idea could be worked on in another thread.

Honestly this game mode wouldn't function that good as a dedicated server running 24-7. It would be more suited to an event that takes place a few times throughout a month

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Oh alright! Then it makes everything much simpler.
Even better, we can make awesome variants every time (or almost) that there's a new one!

You know it! From nice peaceful meadows to lava filled lakes. We shall have it all! We could even base some maps of lore locations (just to help improve the general lore?)

Clawscript

Obsidian
You know it! From nice peaceful meadows to lava filled lakes. We shall have it all! We could even base some maps of lore locations (just to help improve the general lore?)
I'm sure we can find some way to link this to Adventure map events. It would make the community a lot more alive to have an actively developing "plot" to the Adventure map.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
How about finding codexes in the hidden loot chests, that would give more variations to what classes are chosen by each player. Though it would add quite a degree of randomness to the mode I still think it would be fun. Also adds a lot of strategy, do you use the codex now to be a higher lvl advanced class later or do you stay lost soul a little longer and have an advantage over the fresh classes. The problem that has to be raised though is that to be effective and not lose a lot of time players should have keybinds profiles for all the classes set up prior to starting the match.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
How about finding codexes in the hidden loot chests, that would give more variations to what classes are chosen by each player. Though it would add quite a degree of randomness to the mode I still think it would be fun. Also adds a lot of strategy, do you use the codex now to be a higher lvl advanced class later or do you stay lost soul a little longer and have an advantage over the fresh classes. The problem that has to be raised though is that to be effective and not lose a lot of time players should have keybinds profiles for all the classes set up prior to starting the match.

Now this is a really interesting concept, on paper it is an amazing idea! (I'd like to see it put in) but when it comes to a faced paced game mode such as this, people may not have to time to set up their macros correctly (even though binds should be good enough) and be able to arrange their skills correctly (and attributes, don't forget attributes?). Looking at it, I'd love to see this put in but I suppose we would have to do a few tests to see if it's 'fair' and reasonable. Great suggestion!

Ultanian

Portal
Now this is a really interesting concept, on paper it is an amazing idea! (I'd like to see it put in) but when it comes to a faced paced game mode such as this, people may not have to time to set up their macros correctly (even though binds should be good enough) and be able to arrange their skills correctly (and attributes, don't forget attributes?). Looking at it, I'd love to see this put in but I suppose we would have to do a few tests to see if it's 'fair' and reasonable. Great suggestion!
Adding on to that post if everyone started out as lost soul, and the only way to get a class was through looting chests for relics and codices, it'd be a bit more balanced class wise and luck based.