• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What makes Herocraft special?

Moisty

Glowing Redstone
I haven't been on lately but I do have some opinions about certain subjects after reading a past thread on the state of PvP. and the comments that followed.

Most wildly successful servers have something unique about them that makes them stand out from the rest of Minecraft, Herocraft is no different.

When I first joined Herocraft, I was happily intimidated by the mass amount of content there was. There was player interaction, the potential for roleplay, great staff, and most of all there was a certain mood to the server that made it feel like a different game compared to the rest of Minecraft. The fact that some vets feel that HC is a dying game because it is simply Minecraft is absurd! When I played, I had a blast going through all of my spells and figuring out fairly strategic rotations. I was so interested in all of the classes that I reset multiple times simply to feel like a tree-hugging healer or a heroic knight who spread death in his wake. I even communicated with other players out of boredom, not because I needed something, but because in my eyes, the vets weren't the rude players who value their time over noobs!

IronAegis was the first that I talked to, he stopped whatever he was doing just to talk to a noob who didn't even know what "spells" were. After that, I joined up in his town (forgot the name) and bought my first house! Talk about a "holy sh!t" moment! I actually felt like I BELONGED to that town and I vowed to keep it safe no matter what the cost. About a week later when I finally learned how to use my unique abilities, I was mining and suddenly died and caught a glance of someone running away with something in their hand. Me being me, I messaged IronAegis "I JUST DIED IN THE MINES AND THERE IS SOMEONE RUNNING AROUND IN OUR MINE! WE'RE BEING ATTACKED!" but he didn't really think much of it, that was until MunchlaxHero and some others started killing damn near everyone in our town. Our town was attacked (a holier sh!t moment) and everyone in our town ran out to defend but unfortunately, we all kinda sucked so we died to MuchlaxHero and whoever was with him. Me? There was no way that they were gonna make it up to my mountain-house. Being the stupidly heroic player I was, I ran into the town and taunted whoever I could with little twerks (that spammed the hell out of sticky keys) and ran like my life depended on it (it did). One thing led to another and I ended up getting hilariously killed multiple times as well as getting spammed by the town owner telling me to stop my attempts at being heroic and just "stay in your house." Lesson: don't be a dumbass.

Anyways, Herocraft is the only server that I actually felt like I belonged at. The community was kind (mostly), the vets weren't always assholio's, and the server itself was different compared to the other servers I had been used to.

That's the end of my half-speech, half-rant. What makes Herocraft special to you? Why do you believe that it currently doesn't have a huge playerbase and how do we reach that goal?