• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Website/Front page Suggestions?

rens23

Gold
A more clear icon for when a sub forum has a new thread/post in it, i can barely see it now.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Yeah, sub forums... How I love them lol :rolleyes:

I've taken a look at all the dark themes, and the icons (stars, post icons) need re-touching because they have white keylines around them. This is a strange forum engine, the themes should have their own set of icons already included. Then again, there aren't many themes either so it's probably the result of poor support haha.

Also, I'm not sure about pink moderator names though it doesn't bother me much because they're all black using the MyIPB theme.

It would be helpful if someone were to go through all the installed themes and modify their formatting according to a set standard. At the moment I'm seeing different font sizes and extra line breaks with some themes, compared to the others.

Finally, please disable images in signatures. Things will get chaotic when larger, vibrant-colored pictures start to pop up.

@ZELLIS you reminded me, if we could have the sidebar back for the forum (similar to this, but of course in a wider format), that would give us enough space to put up helpful links like Notch's tumblr, Kainzo's tweets, MC forums, MC patch history, MC wiki, US/EU clock, IRC channel and so on. These can all go on the front page as well if you need something to fill that up.

rens23

Gold
Ow yea can you higher the standard font size of a thread/reply cuz its really small at the moment.

and this: http://herocraftonline.com/mybb/reputation.php?uid=1
Looks way to blurry.

kurugi

Legacy Supporter 5
how bout when you click on the forums button, have it take you to the forums, it takes you to the portal

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I'd suggest an IRC/chatbox thing, but I have no idea how hard it would be to set up, or memory consuming it is. It would be nice to have it all here, instead of on Mibbit or something.

Also, one lighter theme, at least for text boxes would be nice. I could see a whitish stone (like from the 128x texture pack, or something) and grass theme, or something similar. Herocraft has never felt very "dark" to me personally.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Rather than quoting so much, I'll just give a ^^ to the above post =D

I think those are two awesome ideas. Black a blue looks good, but it is a minecraft site. Would be cool to see some bad looking grass or something.

Like grass for that blue line under the creeper, maybe some small cobble looking borders.

Just some minecraft features thrown around.

Zigzo

Air
Mikespillow said:
Zigzo said:
I want a chatbox

found it
IRC

Inconvenient.

On another note: Have it add signatures to the latest post or something. I always have to remember to disable it for the second post on the same page to reduce load times.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
My advice on that: disable all signatures under the controls menu. Some are quite annoying (oversized or animated etc.) but all of them are pointless.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Not sure if it was intended or not, but both the portal and forums button both take you to the portal.

I think that the forums button should take you to the index, rather than new people needing to look for the herocraft link near the top of the page that takes you to the index.

Plus it would just be more convenient.

EDIT: Didn't notice the banner links you as well, but still, forums button should link to the index instead of the portal, since there is a portal button and its easier.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Been like it for quite some time now. I'm pretty sure there is another topic (or two) mentioning the same problem. The link must be screwed up in the darkfusion theme settings... because it's fine on the one I'm using (MyIPB).

Kaliven

Gold
Donor Tags for forums (another perk of donation)

Mayor/SiC tags for forums?

Thats about it

I'd love the pre-loaded IRC chatbox in the forums @ top, but I can just use trillain if I was feeling upity.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Donor tags for the forums will be in.

I believe we will use a badge system i think. It's definitely something that will be added - these forums were released before hardly any work was done exception for functional use