• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Traveling The Map

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
So, as many of you know there are herogates, port, and warp available to get to spawn. I suggest that warp for professions be more costly than 3 redstone blocks. I personally would even be fine with 32 or 16 redstone blocks being the cost considering how common redstone is. Next since there are no herogates out at the further corners of the map, I want to suggest Spires for /skill port be readded. Maybe even make port have a reagent, idk? I feel that people should be traveling the map more, but still have it cost them something if the method is not walking the whole map.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
3 blocks of redstone is already fine in my opinion , why should it cost more?
Because that is very very cheap and, in my opinion, brings less fun/challenge. We did talk about changing this to be more costly in one of the balance meetings so I am just resuggesting it. Normally in a 30min mining trip I can get over a stack of redstone blocks.

_Trains_

Obsidian
Because that is very very cheap and, in my opinion, brings less fun/challenge. We did talk about changing this to be more costly in one of the balance meetings so I am just resuggesting it. Normally in a 30min mining trip I can get over a stack of redstone blocks.
Something you might want to consider, however, is what someone wants to do after they die. Once they get teleported back to a graveyard, they can buy enough redstone to make 3 blocks for a warp. I know that that graveyard is used for recall, hence the 10 redstone, but sometimes I travel and want to go to spawn, not back to my base.

Saying this, the cost of going back to spawn via graveyard is 30 bucks. If we up this to... say 16 redstone blocks, that means we need to pay 150 bucks instead. That is a lot of money and isn't that easily obtained by the average herocrafter. For those reasons, I think we should keep it at 3 redstone blocks, and not raise it.

Plus, if your base is at -2786 -2859, you really don't want to walk back to spawn. Especially if you have ADHD, or no time.

(Note: Bucks = souls = coins = money = dollars = cash = $$$. Just in case you call it something else.)
dDoF9HR.png

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
So, as many of you know there are herogates, port, and warp available to get to spawn. I suggest that warp for professions be more costly than 3 redstone blocks. I personally would even be fine with 32 or 16 redstone blocks being the cost considering how common redstone is. Next since there are no herogates out at the further corners of the map, I want to suggest Spires for /skill port be readded. Maybe even make port have a reagent, idk? I feel that people should be traveling the map more, but still have it cost them something if the method is not walking the whole map.
Or just remove warp from all professions besides crafter, thats how it was for majority of herocraft

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Something you might want to consider, however, is what someone wants to do after they die. Once they get teleported back to a graveyard, they can buy enough redstone to make 3 blocks for a warp. I know that that graveyard is used for recall, hence the 10 redstone, but sometimes I travel and want to go to spawn, not back to my base.

Saying this, the cost of going back to spawn via graveyard is 30 bucks. If we up this to... say 16 redstone blocks, that means we need to pay 150 bucks instead. That is a lot of money and isn't that easily obtained by the average herocrafter. For those reasons, I think we should keep it at 3 redstone blocks, and not raise it.

Plus, if your base is at -2786 -2859, you really don't want to walk back to spawn. Especially if you have ADHD, or no time.

(Note: Bucks = souls = coins = money = dollars = cash = $$$. Just in case you call it something else.)
dDoF9HR.png
Sure, but nobody really buys redstone from graveyards normally since most people are able to recover their death stuff. Plus if you needed to go to spawn, why would you do it after dying when you can just recall home. There isn't much reason to go to spawn with no gear if you have a recall point to home(unless you really want to buy gear in the market after death). Keep in mind Wizards have group teleport and in past maps wizards would sell group teleports to spawn at a cost of 15-30coins.

_Trains_

Obsidian
Sure, but nobody really buys redstone from graveyards normally since most people are able to recover their death stuff. Plus if you needed to go to spawn, why would you do it after dying when you can just recall home. There isn't much reason to go to spawn with no gear if you have a recall point to home(unless you really want to buy gear in the market after death). Keep in mind Wizards have group teleport and in past maps wizards would sell group teleports to spawn at a cost of 15-30coins.
We could go into so many different variables possible with this discussion. I could pull out the "what if you don't have a wizard" card or the "someone is guarding your death chest so you can't go back without getting killed again" card. Plus, we don't want to prevent people from going to spawn. We need to make it a little more difficult if you have a different profession, but spawn should still be an option you can use more than 4 times.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
We could go into so many different variables possible with this discussion. I could pull out the "what if you don't have a wizard" card or the "someone is guarding your death chest so you can't go back without getting killed again" card. Plus, we don't want to prevent people from going to spawn. We need to make it a little more difficult if you have a different profession, but spawn should still be an option you can use more than 4 times.
both of those arguments are what make this game fun and challenging and push you to thrive. I personally don't think spawn should be meant to be a place everyone should think about going to. Sure, spawn is placed in the center of the Map, but to me the central of herocraft is what goes on outside of spawn. I played herocraft when the only options were to pay a hefty cost for a herogate, to buy a port for 25c from a wizard, or to run 2000 blocks and just having those 3 was fun and perfectly fine for everyone in past.

_Trains_

Obsidian
both of those arguments are what make this game fun and challenging and push you to thrive. I personally don't think spawn should be meant to be a place everyone should think about going to. Sure, spawn is placed in the center of the Map, but to me the central of herocraft is what goes on outside of spawn. I played herocraft when the only options were to pay a hefty cost for a herogate, to buy a port for 25c from a wizard, or to run 2000 blocks and just having those 3 was fun and perfectly fine for everyone in past.
We have evolved. Sure, the past was fun, but people always want to change things to make the future better. I think that we should keep the herogates the same cost, as it makes someone that doesn't have enough money either go to vote, or goes the long way.

I agree that it should be more costly to go to spawn. I think about 2 stacks of redstone (2 over 14 blocks) is probably a good balance. I can get that after at most 5 minutes of mining at the right height, but it is not so cheap that I don't even think about the cost.

And I do agree with you Dwarfers, the challenge of traveling the map without teleports or herogates is fun. The only problem is that the map is fairly large, and it is difficult to run to spawn with how mountainous the map is. That's why there needs to be some form of fairly affordable travel (Herogates).

Seems like this would ecourage miners to collect redstone, which is going to make your mining leveling run longer unless you donated. Nobody wants to collect 100 stacks of redstone when you are trying to level your profession. Also this is minecraft .... i dont need a scenic route to the dirt block department. If anything is to be changed it would be the cooldown. I would prefer other things to be focused on atm though. Small things that setback progress should be avoided by the balance team until the new dungeons are tweaked out.

People dont hangout at spawn , they go to spawn to get to another destination like the Heaven's gate , Hero gates , Nobleplots , the Neather and more right ? So why do you want it to more difficult to get to spawn ?
Is there anything good about it?

People dont hangout at spawn , they go to spawn to get to another destination like the Heaven's gate , Hero gates , Nobleplots , the Neather and more right ? So why do you want it to more difficult to get to spawn ?
Is there anything good about it?
A difficult but not impossible experience increases the feeling of immersion. Small increases in the amount of time it takes to complete a task increases play-time, and eventually commitment to the server.

I'm not saying increasing a spawn TP cost will complete this by itself, but it is one small factor.
Seems like this would ecourage miners to collect redstone, which is going to make your mining leveling run longer unless you donated. Nobody wants to collect 100 stacks of redstone when you are trying to level your profession. Also this is minecraft .... i dont need a scenic route to the dirt block department. If anything is to be changed it would be the cooldown. I would prefer other things to be focused on atm though. Small things that setback progress should be avoided by the balance team until the new dungeons are tweaked out.
It's a relatively quick fix to change the cost of an ability. This is just a side discussion since dungeon related subjects do not occupy 100% of their time, nor should it.

I agree that it should be more costly to go to spawn. I think about 2 stacks of redstone (2 over 14 blocks) is probably a good balance. I can get that after at most 5 minutes of mining at the right height, but it is not so cheap that I don't even think about the cost.

And I do agree with you Dwarfers, the challenge of traveling the map without teleports or herogates is fun. The only problem is that the map is fairly large, and it is difficult to run to spawn with how mountainous the map is. That's why there needs to be some form of fairly affordable travel (Herogates).
I might sound retarded for this, but I don't go mining since I rarely get anything but a ton of cobble and some iron and coal. And I'm a farmer too so I could spend more time on my crops animals and wood cutting since that gives me actual XP for my profession.
Another thing is that the only reason I went to spawn was to buy something or give something to someone. So I have a reason to go there and want it to be over with so that I can do other things out and about rather than take like 20 minutes to walk back to spawn.
So if there is going to be an increase, make it like 5 blocks or something just cause if you warp alot and don't mine, you will have to buy even more redstone just to make sure you are topped off in the redstone department.
But why should I concern myself with you cause. After all, I am a druid.

I might sound retarded for this, but I don't go mining since I rarely get anything but a ton of cobble and some iron and coal. And I'm a farmer too so I could spend more time on my crops animals and wood cutting since that gives me actual XP for my profession.
Another thing is that the only reason I went to spawn was to buy something or give something to someone. So I have a reason to go there and want it to be over with so that I can do other things out and about rather than take like 20 minutes to walk back to spawn.
So if there is going to be an increase, make it like 5 blocks or something just cause if you warp alot and don't mine, you will have to buy even more redstone just to make sure you are topped off in the redstone department.
But why should I concern myself with you cause. After all, I am a druid.
You're mining at the wrong depth, and 2 extra blocks does not really make much of a difference. If it is going to be done it should be big, or the increase would be staggered in with updates.

The whole point is really just so you don't stroll casually through Herocraft. You work for what you want, and when you get it, you've earned it.

You're mining at the wrong depth, and 2 extra blocks does not really make much of a difference. If it is going to be done it should be big, or the increase would be staggered in with updates.

The whole point is really just so you don't stroll casually through Herocraft. You work for what you want, and when you get it, you've earned it.
Just to let you know my town at the lowest level is 29 blocks above bed rock so I only have to dig a few blocks down to find redstone, I just have bad luck. And if you stroll casually through Herocraft, your not doing something right. I've been a druid for almost 2 weeks now and I'm still only level 48, so it's taking me some time. So its nice that I don't have to waste much time getting to spawn like in older Herocraft.