• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.0 Tutorial [ By Devotedworker ]

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
BASICS
Townships 3.0 Operates on a few basic principles
- Regions [ Buildings you can make to preform certain Action within the town
- Tax [ Requirement to keep the town up ]
- Other Town Relations [ What other towns want to do to you ]

REGIONS
Regions are special "Buildings" that are a Defined space that have a "Region Heart" in the center of raid Region. The "Region Heart" is required to keep the region up ( AKA Don't break it ) and will always be the center of the region, and is placed in your feet when you create the region. You can put certain items ( Depending on the region ) in order to preform a certain function, like if you put an Empty Bucket in a wells "Region Heart", it will turn it into a Bucket of water.

There are currently 12 ( Plus the secret 13th ) Categories to Regions, each providing an array of functions, lets stick with the basics

- Houses [ Provide Space for you to invite Members, and provide Money to the Owner ( The one who originally made it ) when provided with a certain material.
- Raiding [ Allow the Raiding of other Towns, using Siege Cannons and Teleporters ]
- Defence [ Allows for the Defending of Raiders, such as Turrets and Defence Cannons ]

In order to make a region, first you need to purchase the "Blueprint" through the /to shop. Each Blueprint is per person, but will stay regardless. To buy a blueprint, select the Region and hit the Emerald Block to Purchase it. Once you have purchased a region you can do /to list to see all the regions you have purchased.

To Create a Region, you can either do /to create ( Region name ) or do /to list and click on the region and then the wooden axe to build it. REMEMBER, some regions have block requirements and space limitations, so make sure you have each of those before creating the region.

TAX
Each town size has a specific Tax, which is taken from the town bank every day at 1AM EST or 12:00AM CST. To view the dailly tax do /to who ( Townname ) and the Red Number is the Tax. To deposit or withdraw ( only for owners ) from the bank do /to ( Action ) Amount ( Townname )

There are 3 Ways to reliably pay for town Tax
- Tax the Members ( See Wiki for details )
- Use the House Money to pay for town Tax
- Use a Town Trade to pay for Tax

Whatever method you use, make sure that the Tax can be paid every day

Town Relations
There are 3 Reliable Ways to have a Relation with a Town
-Ally [ Not attack each other ]
-War [ Declare war ( See WIki for Details ) and destroy the other town for loot or funzies ]
-Trade [ Using "Trade Routes" earn free money for both towns ] ( See Soul Buildings and Wiki for more details )

If there was anything you would like to ask about townships or anything you want me to add let me know :3 I'm pretty much an Expert now :D

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Where can we get a list of the requirements for the various houses to produce souls ? The wiki says to consult the data in game and when I tried to look it listed nothing as the requirement. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place ?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Where can we get a list of the requirements for the various houses to produce souls ? The wiki says to consult the data in game and when I tried to look it listed nothing as the requirement. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place ?
Do /to info ( Region ) to view aspects of that region

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Do /to info ( Region ) to view aspects of that region

Ok thats what I used for my Shack I believe. its list the costs to unlock, to place one, the mats you need to use, but doesn't say anything about having food in the chest (or what type of food) to generate the souls. or am I using the wrong command (not at home to test) ?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Someone answered in another thread with the correct commands. I will try them tonight. thank you