• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town Wars

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
This suggestion is primarily aimed to reduce raiding, and other forms of malicious PvP. I also want to provide a fun way to PvP that makes being in a town even more beneficial.

To start a 'war' the creator of the town charter must challenge the other town to war. The other town must accept for this to proceed. If accepted; anyone in the town (not just the person who created the charter) can challenge the other town to a battle. If this challenge is accepted, the two parties are TPd to an arena. This arena is similar to the mob arena because it would provide weapons, armor, etc. The two teams then have to wait until both teams have a minimum number of players. Once each team has this minimum the party leader for each team can type /ready. Once both teams are ready, the gates drop and battle ensues. The team that wins then receives a set reward. (IE 50 coins per player).

These battles can be done as much as they want until the war is ended by which ever comes first: the town leaders end it (forfeiting), a set amount of time passes, or one side wins X amount battles.

If the enemy forfeits, or loses the war, the winning town could then receive a reward.

Pros:
-Provides a fun alternative to raiding
-Provides another fun way to PvP
-No way to bed camp, no reason to glitch into town regions, etc.
-Everything you need is provided
-If you win you are guaranteed a reward. (Sometimes raids don't always yield a reward)
-Makes being in a town even cooler.

Cons:
-?

@Sleaker Possible to code / good alternative?
@Kainzo

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I feel like that isn't written well. I'll try again.
  1. Town A's leader challenges town B to go to war. Town B's leader can accept or decline. Assuming it's accepted:
  2. Anyone from town A or B can challenge the other town at any time to a battle.
  3. Battles take place in an arena. Both town A and B must have a certain number of people in their 'spawn' to be able to start the battle.
  4. Once enough people are present everyone types in /ready
  5. Once everyone is /ready the battle begins.
  6. The victor of the battle receives an award.
  7. Wars are ended by A) one town reaching 10 battle wins B) one town forfeiting.
  8. The victor of the war receives an even better reward.
Battles could be capture-the-flag, team-death-match, etc.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I'm not a fan of arena based combat (as a replacement). I'd prefer to leave the town system open and have fighting stay in the world, but shift the focus from raiding towns, to raiding points of interest.

Arena based combat is an alternatively good option to give people other types of rewards, but I don't think it's a replacement for world-pvp.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I personally like Minecraft pvp because of the fact of how open ended it is. If you put it into a regioned Arena it would, for me ruin the whole aspect of raiding and war.

I understand that you are trying to find away around the harsh aspects of pvp, but I don't think this is the way to do it.

Maybe add in landmarks that, when under control by members of your town, generates 25 c to your mayor at the end of every Minecraft day. I think it would be really cool to have constant clashes over these landmarks, and would give us something that we can always raid. Plus it would be interesting to see how different forces join up, and spread out their Pvpers, to get the most landmarks.

I don't know if something like this exists, or if something like this could even be coded but i think it would be a good way to add in pvp, without the town camping aspect.

@Sleaker

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
My only concern is that the reward has to be worth it or else people will just keep raiding.

Oryinn

Obsidian
Any incentive at all will make people flock to a centralized pvp location. That alongside looting fallen enemies and comrades is more than what you get raiding. Especially once a map sets in. Raiding towns becomes less and less useful the longer people have to buy townships, more lwc's, personal regions etc.

Edit: Another thing that might as well go here.... Why not make beds destroy able in regions. That would make raiding more interesting for offense, and more intense for defense (Of the town). imo

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
25c every 20ish minutes seems like a very good reward. The non pvp towns can make about that by mining.

Plus, most towns will just always decline war, and the raiders won't have anything to do, which isn't fair.

Sleaker, when someone says "I don't even know if this can be coded," and your name has a "Programmer" underneath, "You're right," doesn't make that much sense as a response. ;)

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
TC would never decline it. Erebos would rarely decline it, and I think Lorien would accept most as well.

But I agree that there are better solutions, just throwing stuff out there trying to find it.

Aren't the TCs, Erebos, and Lorien the ones who are going to be declaring war on everyone else? And if no one else accepts... I'm just trying to guess how that'd work out.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Those are the ones I know for sure that would, yes. But that's 3 wars right there ;)