• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town Rule Clarification

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Being part of multiple towns is legal (well it was last map) and it is not a bug, it was meant to be that way, that was what I got from multitallented talking to him while he was developing the new plugin.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Being part of multiple towns is legal (well it was last map) and it is not a bug, it was meant to be that way, that was what I got from multitallented talking to him while he was developing the new plugin.
With townships 2.0 it wasn't legal. With 3.0 its possible but I have not seen a rule stating if its now legal.

And @hilltim1 I do, but I'd rather keep that in private channels.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
With townships 2.0 it wasn't legal. With 3.0 its possible but I have not seen a rule stating if its now legal.

And @hilltim1 I do, but I'd rather keep that in private channels.

I was talking about townships 3.0 in my last post, by the end of the map I was in three towns, and it was legal.

However I feel a change to the old ways where it is ilegal to be in multiple towns would be better, as being in multiple towns last map, it only really allowed there to be a few towns, as the server population was extremely low, allowing multiple towns to 'survive' on about 10-20 active players.

I don't know if that made any sense, but ggwp me!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It should be ilegall and impossible since it can just lead to region abuse and other shenanigans

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
The legality of it has not been discussed yet his map. As far as whether or not it is possible, it is. The plugin configs are currently set to allow it. I believe this is due to how outposts/military bases function. Staff will have to discuss this, and we'll get back to you.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
It should be ilegall and impossible since it can just lead to region abuse and other shenanigans
Region abuse and shenanigans happen whether you can be in multiple towns or not. It will always happen and the only good way to avoid it is to be more restrictive on your recruitment. Since town members cannot access other town members shack chests or even open doors to said home regions I don't see how that's even a concern. Personally I'd hate to see this go away. We have close ties with two other pvp towns and this is hugely helpful in allowing them access to our town to help in defense. Otherwise I have to go to each individual sub region and personally add them just so if we are getting raided they are able to open doorways, airlocks, or even use lifts between layers. This still doesn't let them steal from my townies. The only issue I see is mayors forgetting to exempt them from taxes. It would be a shame to join 2 towns in this instance and be paying tax to both while only really living in the one.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Region abuse and shenanigans happen whether you can be in multiple towns or not. It will always happen and the only good way to avoid it is to be more restrictive on your recruitment. Since town members cannot access other town members shack chests or even open doors to said home regions I don't see how that's even a concern. Personally I'd hate to see this go away. We have close ties with two other pvp towns and this is hugely helpful in allowing them access to our town to help in defense. Otherwise I have to go to each individual sub region and personally add them just so if we are getting raided they are able to open doorways, airlocks, or even use lifts between layers. This still doesn't let them steal from my townies. The only issue I see is mayors forgetting to exempt them from taxes. It would be a shame to join 2 towns in this instance and be paying tax to both while only really living in the one.
My main worry is about player joining 2 different towns, who raid each other. Conflicts of interest.
In reality I do admit this isnt terrible seeing as you can't PvP town mates so there'd be no worries of them killing you, and the way regions work now. I guess Im just worried some form of abuse will be found (Like any other system) and abused.

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
You will also have to be a part of multiple towns, as outposts and military bases are seen as separate towns and not an extension of a town. So when raiding/trading by using an outpost you are forced to be in 2 towns, the home base and the outpost. (Meaning a legal limit on 1 town removes entire aspects of the 3.0 plugin.)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You will also have to be a part of multiple towns, as outposts and military bases are seen as separate towns and not an extension of a town. So when raiding/trading by using an outpost you are forced to be in 2 towns, the home base and the outpost. (Meaning a legal limit on 1 town removes entire aspects of the 3.0 plugin.)
I'm sure this could be an exception/worked around.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Regardless, people shouldn't be able to have an allegiance to more than one town. And conflict of interest aside, from my perspective being a part of two towns should be illegal because it's simply frivolous unless the person in question is a member of a PvE & PvP town, in which case there is some reason.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
Regardless, people shouldn't be able to have an allegiance to more than one town. And conflict of interest aside, from my perspective being a part of two towns should be illegal because it's simply frivolous unless the person in question is a member of a PvE & PvP town, in which case there is some reason.
Ah yes, the old alliances are irrelevant and frivolous defense! how silly of me to think it would make sense that people you are allied with would be able to actually interact with your town in meaningful ways to help come to your aid when being attacked.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Ah yes, the old alliances are irrelevant and frivolous defense! how silly of me to think it would make sense that people you are allied with would be able to actually interact with your town in meaningful ways to help come to your aid when being attacked.
Pretty sure you can be added as a guest to the super region

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Outposts/Military bases are whitelisted, meaning the town members have access to any outpost/militarybase owned by another town member.

Pretty sure you can be added as a guest to the super region
Currently no, but we're working on it.

Currently there is a bug (surprise!) with how the plugin handles players leaving towns. Once that is fixed and a guest feature is added, town membership will be limited to one town. This is important, as member count is a vital feature to how several parts of the plugin functions.

Last edited: