• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
A reward system for towns based on wealth and population. By that i mean each member your town has gives you an HP bonus, makes your attacks a little stronger. Give us a real reason to fear big towns, and a real reason to make them. Also make a banking system, that upkeep can be deducted from automatically, anyone can put coin in, but only the mayor/sic can withdraw. These accounts should earn interest!

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Big towns already trump little towns. The town reward as extra hp or damage would only make it harder for smaller townships. I like the idea, but maybe it can be a different reward?

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
I'm only speaking from experience, having a Kingdom with about 87 active members, none of which were on at the same time. It would be nice to have a good reason to strive for kingdom. it was alot of work, and in some ways wasn't worth it. i spent the whole game, every coin i ever got on the town, as did many other members of my town. If it was for domination of the map, that would of been awesome! Anyways, in no way do big towns trump little towns.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Also make a banking system, that upkeep can be deducted from automatically, anyone can put coin in, but only the mayor/sic can withdraw. These accounts should earn interest!
Has already been thought of and is also being implemented. But without interest and the ability for withdrawal.

i spent the whole game, every coin i ever got on the town
Trust me you would have just ended up stock piling them with nothing to spend them on. I know from experience :p

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm only speaking from experience, having a Kingdom with about 87 active members, none of which were on at the same time. It would be nice to have a good reason to strive for kingdom. it was alot of work, and in some ways wasn't worth it. i spent the whole game, every coin i ever got on the town, as did many other members of my town. If it was for domination of the map, that would of been awesome! Anyways, in no way do big towns trump little towns.
The reason would be to have big kingdom wold to have lots of regions, and a large PVP force, no?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The reason to make big towns and kingdoms is to have a large community and a large space to put it in. Having more people than others already should be giving you enough of an advantage and if it isn't you should really look to see the kind of people you are recruiting. Giving bonuses based on number of people just encourages mindless recruitment policies and a lot of the stupidity that comes along with them.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
A reward system for towns based on wealth and population.

Population - Not all towns are designed to recruit a myriad of players. Different towns have a different aspects - for example, some towns are creative-based, some are just bases that are regioned; you seem too 'direct' in one sort of town. A reward system that'll affect ALL towns through every aspect would be more efficient.

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it would be better to have something like biome based rewards, such as logs from forests, mushrooms from swamps, sand from deserts and so forth

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
I think it would be better to have something like biome based rewards, such as logs from forests, mushrooms from swamps, sand from deserts and so forth
yea i agree i made a suggestion last map that certain plants should only be grow able in certain biomes, increasing trade between towns. are you thinking more of a unique skill you get from the biome you live in?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I play a RTS game where we get bonuses for our Alliance by being in a certain area. For example faster transports, more exp, etc.

I do not see how this could work properly in this type of game. I wonder how difficult the coding would be for it. But like it has been said, this would totally wipe out smaller towns, and force people to join a larger community, almost against their will.

connormcwood

Legacy Supporter 2
I play a RTS game where we get bonuses for our Alliance by being in a certain area. For example faster transports, more exp, etc.

I do not see how this could work properly in this type of game. I wonder how difficult the coding would be for it. But like it has been said, this would totally wipe out smaller towns, and force people to join a larger community, almost against their will.
You're correct. The requirements to receive town rewards should be something which small towns and large towns can both receive easily and benefit from.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
How do small towns not benefit? In my post, if you read it, it says an HP bonus for each member. so having 10 members would still give you a bonus.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
How do small towns not benefit? In my post, if you read it, it says an HP bonus for each member. so having 10 members would still give you a bonus.
yes but you would still be at a major disadvantage to other players in larger towns.

Your idea creates far too much imbalance.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

I understood it to say that if you have 10 members you would get increased HP, and having more members would make that go up.

Easy terms:

10 members - 10 extra HP for each member
20 members - 20 extra HP for each member

So yes they would benefit but the benefit would be negated by the town with the 20 members.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
what is the point of making everyone the same? your time and effort should be rewarded with slight advantages over other players who dont do shit.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
what is the point of making everyone the same? your time and effort should be rewarded with slight advantages over other players who dont do shit.

"Do not do shit" so if a small group of friends decided to make their own little town, that is not "doing shit"? They prefer to just be in a small group, why punish them for not wanting to be in a town of 20 people?

I can understand your idea, and see where you are coming from, but it would really make the server imbalanced.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Yes. It would make it imbalanced. That is exactly what i want. Why make a group of 10 people just as powerful as a group of 80? does not make sense. Or at least have upgrades a town can buy, like research that improves things for your citizens. There should be incentives to join towns, and work for something. otherwise, its just stupid.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yes. It would make it imbalanced. That is exactly what i want. Why make a group of 10 people just as powerful as a group of 80? does not make sense. Or at least have upgrades a town can buy, like research that improves things for your citizens. There should be incentives to join towns, and work for something. otherwise, its just stupid.
But currently they are not. They are outnumbered 8 to 1. Being in a larger group has its advantages already why should we buff the guys that already have the advantage.

Anyway the outpost system is something that is being worked on which will grant bonuses to the town that controls it.

Status
Not open for further replies.