• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

There's a single player?

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
I honestly haven't had a real ssp map since i started herocraft at the end of October. Though i have used invedit to build things i was planning for smp.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I had a single player world til notches beta update caused my overmodded Jar to explode, leaving it unplayable. Plus the Humans mod completely ruined it, one hit cut through your iron armor like butter.

rens23

Gold
I have a started a nice ssp map completly cheat free.
It only has a big mob trap that was ruined 2 times by a mod that creates ORGES, they are like TNT to that trap and they glocked my system.

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
Ah, rens, I know the mod of which you speak, I have it as well. You gotta admit though, their drops are awesome.

csbx

Air
Seems like im one of the few that enjoy single player. It's nice being able to do anything in the world with no limitations. No need to worry about lag, the map eventually being replaced, updates breaking it, not clashing with anyone's buildings/mines etc. I also enjoy downloading the "pass me ons" from the minecraft forum and checking them out.

psychojake

Glowing Redstone
I play SSP when I'm bored. I've been experimenting with these music boxes. I tuned a few to play the Song of Storms from the Zelda franchise. (I'm a nerd)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Yeah, I mostly use Single Player to plan for SMP.

Algebraic

Wood
I haven't played Singleplayer for REAL (like sit down and play for hours) since the nether update. Reason why? Long story short, had awesome base, built hell portal on the day the patch came out, went in. Fought some ghasts, all good fun, found a pigman. (This was when it JUST came out, so i was unaware of the whole THEY NEVER FORGET thing) and decided to kill one. There were other pigmen around me, and none did anything so i figured i was in the clear. I walked around some more, and ended up taking heavy fire from like 5 ghasts. I ran into a little cove that had like literally, 15 pigmen in/around it. I stood in there for shelter when i see something running at me. I see the pigman coming, and i figure its just walking around like all the others, and the fact its coming straight at me is just coincidence. (Oh yea, and it should be noted i NEVER used chests. Was a bad habit of mine, i carried all my good stuff like stacks of iron/diamonds and left stacks of cobble in chests.) Anyway, the pigman walks up and 2-hits me and kills me before i knew it was even hostile. I found my base again and tried to get back on my feet, but all the spark to play ssp kinda was lost. i guess that wasnt so short after all but whatever.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
I start a new singleplayer world often. I play 'hardcore' SSP, where I keep it on Hard, and if I die, I delete the world and start over.

I start off paranoid, trying to dodge skeletons and spiders, then once I get armor and some diamond weps/tools, I get comfortable.
Then when I find a skelly spawner, I make a farmer out of it and get tons of arrows/bones.
Then I get tons of bread (bonemeal instagrow ftw) and I get cocky.
Then I get overconfident and end up either A) getting overwhelmed and raped, or B) falling off a cliff because I'm in a hurry.
.....then I delete the world and start over, with a few swear words along the way.

csbx

Air
DagothAgahnim said:
I start a new singleplayer world often. I play 'hardcore' SSP, where I keep it on Hard, and if I die, I delete the world and start over.

I start off paranoid, trying to dodge skeletons and spiders, then once I get armor and some diamond weps/tools, I get comfortable.
Then when I find a skelly spawner, I make a farmer out of it and get tons of arrows/bones.
Then I get tons of bread (bonemeal instagrow ftw) and I get cocky.
Then I get overconfident and end up either A) getting overwhelmed and raped, or B) falling off a cliff because I'm in a hurry.
.....then I delete the world and start over, with a few swear words along the way.

Hardcore sounds interesting. If I did that though I wouldn't include deaths from clumsy things like falling from a ledge, dieing from lava, drowning from working under water etc. I would hate myself if I had to delete an epic map because of something so stupid.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Hahaha I started playing SSP again recently, and Kainzo actually decided to put up a small "admin-only" map with no mods for me to play when I'm bored. I like to make tree houses and little lake-side villas. It's fun when you're not invincible and don't have infinite items/mods.

DagothAgahnim said:
I've done that, and a death is a death. you're not hardcore if you live more than once.

I agree.

Hardcore is hardcore; no compromises.

It's understandably tough to delete a world for a "stupid death" (ESPECIALLY lag/glitch related) when you are only bound by your own integrity to do it, but that's true hardmode. :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I enjoy SSP, but after joining Herocraft it's never been the same now I find Single Player is better for concepts and monuments to your computer time.

I don't know if I could bring myself to do hardcore... sometimes you just get a really good map. If I was posting a hardmode diary on the internet, I would simply keep a good world unused if I died.

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
My entire Roaming Folder (as well as some other stuff) was completely corrupted this morning, I had to reinstall a ton of stuff. I lost the SP map I'd been working on since Infdev :(