• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Holidays of Herocraft!

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
I was just playing Herocraft, while celebrating an obscure holiday I had made up right at that moment, and I thought that some in-game holidays would spice things up every now and then. Here's some of my ideas:

DoubleKiwi's Double Experience Day: Just what it sounds like. Gain Double Experience

Admin's birthday's: On the date of birth of one of our server admins, we construct a giant version of that person's favorite flavor of cake! (Chocolate, Strawberry, Stripper)

Spleef Day: Everyone gathers in a huge stadium to watch and participate in a friendly game of spleef. (If you don't know what that is, look it up)

Everyone's idea's are welcome

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
DoubleKiwi's Double Experience Day: Just what it sounds like. Gain Double Experience

Oh, you're such a sneaky sneaky little kiwi.

I do like the Admin's birthday idea though. Especially if we make cake out of cake. cake^2.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Domitius and I (and some others) worked on a Olympics arena, but we have to restart because of location and griefers.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
During the Christmas holidays we could make it snow errwhere and have pine trees spawn colored wool on them :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I like the Halloween and Christmas ideas, but Spleef is one downside to Heroes. You actually have to spend time removing a block. D: Well, we get iron picks. Netherrack breaks easily, right?

Maybe just have the staff ordain them as we go? To start we could have a double EXP day or something on 11/11/11 for the full basic release of Minecraft, and Wyrmtongue Appreciation day, celebrated by the staff wreaking havoc in Zeal. Lightning, Giants, you know. Fun stuff.

Ginzuishou

Legacy Supporter 3
New Year's Eve - Huge Party in Zeal?
Easter - Instead of hunting easter eggs, hunt the admins and staff.
Thanksgivings - Everyone gets a cake from the admins and we eat, sit and reminiscing about why we love it here.

Jdudex

TNT
Cake day, Throw cake at DusksCrown.

But in all seriousness,

Day of Darkness (Friday the 13th) - Ghasts, Giants, Creepers, Skeletons, spawned in massive amounts at landmarks North, South, East, and West, so nobody misses out on the fun

Random Daily Challenges - Random challenges hosted by admins, entrance fee 5c-50c. Example of a challenge: A jumping puzzle! Except with pistons shooting out blocks to step on, and then retracting them.

And days where the players compete to win prizes like cookies, gold, coins, cake, etc. would be nice too.
This is a bit unrelated, but a weekly event wher players bid on a reserve spot, to get on the reserve list for a week?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Obvious holiday: October what's-it for the celebration of ONE YEAR OF HEROCRAFT! Experience, goodies, and monster spawns galore. Maybe load up the 1st map on a server (but locked so we can't change anything) and run around to examine the good 'ol times. (No way I'm gonna remember where my castle was. It was hard to find without use of a teleporter [Runecraft] ).