• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug The Bug With Enchanting & Enchantment Tables

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
So to sum it all up in one thread for @Kainzo, here the current bug with enchanting items in detail.

Generally, enchanting is still possible, it's just completely messed up and I assume it to be the 1.8 enchanting system of MC itself. Now a new reagent is required to enchant: Lapislazuli. It's no longer EXP only.
I did not test if there's a problem with the EXP loss itself, I guess not, but there is an issue with the EXP shown in the UI however.

I've made screenshots of enchanting several items in the enchantment table, with different results...

RTFhxj7.png

For the first test, I've attempted to enchant a Diamond Pickaxe. But before doing so, I've put the Pickaxe into the table, took it out again and placed an Iron Pickaxe, then a Diamond Spade, then a Diamond Axe. The enchantments did not change in the UI (IN their description not, however, but they did everytime I swapped out an item, it's just not visible). That is the first issue. The enchantment table is supposed to show new enchantments everytime an item is swapped or replaced again. It does not show the decriptions/runes of the new enchantments. The text doesn't change, but the enchantments themselves do change, see an example later. Below the proof that the descriptions are bugged, as for this process.

M17Ve6E.png

IsuZKfW.png

SyOBbfi.png

fxhn93c.png

I then simply enchanted the Diamond Pickaxe to test it and it worked very well.

pddEDDL.png

Now comes the root of evil. There are 2 additional bugs to handle now:
1. The UI is bugged if placing items into the table (SOMETIMES). For example: Placing a Diamond Pickaxe into the table, but being unable to enchant it, even though all requirements are met. Taking the axe out and replacing it with any other item, allows enchanting that other item instead for some reason. It works to bypass this glitch on this way, but is really annoying, since it's a waste of EXP.

2. Now, and only now, the descriptions of the enchantments have changed. Hence the next test.

The description says Fortune III, but look at the outcome of this in the second picture:

GiQGr4C.png

1NPCXRU.png

And to top it all, now a minor thing at the end. It's a bug with the UI not properly updating, leaving the player confused.

First picture shows UI after enchanting items, second one after reconnecting to the server.

2uaSHAc.png

T9dUMEA.png

- Enchantment descriptions are bugged, don't update and indicate fake information
- False enchantments hence fake descriptions
- Placing items into the enchanting table is sometimes glitchy/bugged and doesn't allow to enchant the item
- Minecraft UI doesn't like the bug and goes nuts, only reconnecting fixes it
- Unknown if EXP requirements remained untouched

If you need more info yell at me.

This all happened, gg. I did enough QA for a day.

All pictures together:
http://imgur.com/a/28vvI#0

SoHighFive

Soulsand
First of all you aren't supposed to get a new enchant on an item by throwing another item into the enchanter. You have to enchant an item for ALL of your items to get reset to a different guaranteed enchantment.

Example- You put a diamond sword in and it shows sharpness 3. All swords will read and should give sharpness 3 until you actually enchant an item. Enchant any item, and all swords will give a different enchantment that can't be changed until you enchant something.

The last part is absolutely a problem, and I hope that it is a bug. I've had several enchants that show Looting 3 and depth strider 3, but I didn't get either on the item when enchanted.

Additionally For certain enchantments (I've noticed this often on bows and with Fire Aspect) it won't let me actually enchant the item. I can try to click, but the button won't compress. I can enchant other items just fine.

I feel like this should be getting more attention, as it makes enchanting a very poor choice right now.

@Alator @Kainzo