• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion SmeltGold skill cost/cooldown change.

Mana cost or reduced cooldown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kethale

Legacy Supporter 6
Hello,
My forum name is Kethale however my in game name is ClaytonGuy

My issue is regarding the miner skill SmeltGold and is addressed below.

After many maps of being a miner, most of them have allowed gold to be sold as a currency, either as the main source of income or as a little bonus to mining. Part of the benefit of being a miner is having a 10.5% chance of doubling a piece of gold ore using the /smeltgold skill, which is absolutely amazing when dealing with huge amounts of ore.

There is however, one issue that has taken hours of my time personally to make proper use of this skill. As it stands smelting 1 piece of gold puts the skill on cooldown for 15 seconds. That means to smelt only 4 pieces of gold without wasting one second it takes an entire minute..

When it becomes large amounts of gold suddenly, minutes become hours, with very little payout for the amount of time spent using just a single skill. Miner at this point and time is already a very financially beneficial profession to pursue, but the frustration just to use this skill makes it more practical to macro it and bind it to an auto clicker overnight..

Solution: To make the skill a more efficient use of time and an actual benefit to the miners kit i think that the cooldown of 15 seconds should either be removed and replaced with a mana cost of 100-150, AND reduced down to a cooldown of 3-5 seconds.

Last edited: