• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Skills being delayed. (Not resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
When I try and use several skills in short succession or even a couple of skills, it happens often if you try and use the skill to view it's CD. It causes a small delay in between when you use the skills so even after you stop using binds, it appears that you're still trying to use skills this makes PVP near impossible.

I think macura worded it better but no-body saw his post so here it is. @macura
"I think that keybinds are being delayed by some sort of no-cheat/anti-spam thing. When i use key-binds they work fine until i start using a lot of them in short periods of time (which i do very frequently because i am a wizard). What happens is if too many key-binds are being used in a small period of time something kicks in that slows down your input to a constant, and slow rate.

For example, if i rooted someone, i would get a couple cd messages and the commands would be going through normally. I then use icebolt and i might get a cd message there, then fireball with a couple more cd messages. Then things start to get problematic because i am going towards the limit of commands i can do in a certain amount of time. Once i reach this limit the commands will start to only be able to come out at a very constant and slow rate. If i tried to use fireball while this was happening it would delay it slightly and i would press it repeatedly to try to get off the fireball. These messages come at a rate of around 1-2/s and are mostly taken up by just messages such as cd reminders. The biggest problem with this is that all these commands line up and even though i use another skill after, the skill that would actually do something, is father back in the lineup of commands that are coming out slowly. This makes it keep getting backed up further and further. I might use icebolt after fireball but the icebolt might come 2 or 3 seconds after the it was supposed to because of all the other messages taking up time because the messages can only come out little by little.

Edit: As a sidenote this delay does not occur when you are using items to bind skills to."

This has come back again, it seems to be coming and going. It's caused by the anti-spam that comes with bukkit now, after some testing on a smaller bukkit server it appears that if you use commands fast in a short time it creates a delay inbetween when you use them therefore allowing the commands to stack up and slowly disperse. In herocraft this means that when you use skills fast and a lot if will slowly build up a queue a skills that will be used slowly (around a skill per second). This is begining to disrupt pvp for me and most probobly others.

This issuse is still not resolved

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
Opening a new thread because the old one is locked, and even though other players say they aren't getting this, I still am.

This is a very frustrating issue. There are particular players that I have a really hard time targetting with skills, even from "point blank" range. I typically have a much better than average internet connection, so I don't see it as being on my end, and also since it doesn't happen with everyone I pvp against.

The problem is I can't hit them with targetted skills, which are extremely important for my build. My choice becomes 1) die to them because I have no other course of action or 2) keep spamming by keybinds and get disconnected and killed from "combat logging".

I don't have much to suggest here, but I want you to know this issue is still plaguing some of us.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Alright - when you say disconnect.spam - you're still getting kicked? cause in this post I didn't read anywhere where you've been kicked, just 'harder' to hit players.

Keep me posted, we're not trying to sweep this under the rug and we're continually working on it.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
Yes, kicked... after not hitting with skills, I hit the button several times, I get kicked and it says "disconnect.spam".

I do have to be pretty agressive with the spamming, however as I'm a melee class that is highly dependent on skill combos, I'm getting kicked a lot during pvp.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here's a quick fix. DONT SPAM SKILLS MINDLESSLY.

I know it sucks - but you have a solid solution in front of you. We will work towards it but Bukkit has proved that it is hard to control some of these settings.

Everything 'spam' related is disabled and if its still happening, I suggest you change how you play the game.
If a skill has 5 seconds left on CD, don't spam it until the 5 seconds are up, etc.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
tested again just now... I had to be pretty aggressive with spamming (well it seemed so since I wasn't in a battle) but I'm sure it wouldn't seem so excessive during a battle.

In any case, it's still happening for me.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
First off test all the skills and only tell us which ones are actually making you get kicked for spam.

Good point, I thought the spam/kick was universal to all commands...

It's really only happening when I use my bind for Bleed as a Samurai. (Now that I've intentionally tested them individually)

Hope that helps.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

I know it sucks - but you have a solid solution in front of you. We will work towards it but Bukkit has proved that it is hard to control some of these settings.

Everything 'spam' related is disabled and if its still happening, I suggest you change how you play the game.
If a skill has 5 seconds left on CD, don't spam it until the 5 seconds are up, etc.

If you're from EU and have a bit of lag, it is really hard to not hit the cap. For example:

Bash, if you try to get it work (Invalid target bug) you hit the cap, which makes it so that you can't use your other skills. This means that you can only 2 things:

1. Use bash, have spam delay.
2. Don't use bash, lose your only form of silence.

(I'm a samurai)

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3

When people are strafing around you, it's needed most of the time to spam to get the skills to hit, unless I bind by name which isn't a good idea and you can't in any normal fight.

what777 Try using the new ip eu.hc.to

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
When people are strafing around you, it's needed most of the time to spam to get the skills to hit, unless I bind by name which isn't a good idea and you can't in any normal fight.

what777 Try using the new ip eu.hc.to

I use that IP already, still 400ms.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Good point, I thought the spam/kick was universal to all commands...

It's really only happening when I use my bind for Bleed as a Samurai. (Now that I've intentionally tested them individually)

Hope that helps.
Bleed works perfectly fine for me :S

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
If you are now using the legal macromod, go into controls, open macros, go to bottom right corner, click settings, scroll down, find "flood protection" and UN-CHECK the box. Fixed.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
If you are experiencing this "skill delay" and use MacroMod, it is due to the mod, not Minecraft/Herocraft. Macromod has a built in flood control feature that prevents you from being kicked if you spam too many skills.

If you are now using the legal macromod, go into controls, open macros, go to bottom right corner, click settings, scroll down, find "flood protection" and UN-CHECK the box. Fixed.
I can confirm this, however it will still kick you for spamming...sometimes? A more..."clean" solution, is to switch the drop-down box next to flood protection from "QUEUE" to "DISCARD". This will make the mod "discard" any spammed keypresses, preventing it from creating a "backlog" of ability uses. This creates the illusion that your skills are "delayed" when they are in fact, not.

Status
Not open for further replies.