• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Shop etiquette?

y0sho

Gold
Forgive me for asking perhaps an obvious question. This is my first multiplayer minecraft experience and just want to make sure I am doing things right (and not get insta-banned ;).

I want to set up a shop. I have a few questions about doing so.

1. What are the requirements to set up a shop? Min level? Permission?
2. May I place my shop anywhere? e.g. on the road outside Zeal.
3. Am I doing it right? According to "http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/How_To_Make_a_Chest_Shop" I enter text on my sign as follows;
[blank]
2:1
Sand

That's it. Any more useful info or advise would be much appreciated. Thank you.

GraRona

Portal
The first line on your sign should be your username

Level 30 CRAFTER, you can place chestshops on the sides of roads but not ON the roads.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
The name will fill itself out if you keep it blank, I think :p but ofc that doesn't matter much.

As Granola said, making a shop anywhere away from the middle of the main roads is fine. Some shops (Such as Airbus's old shop) are setup near the roads outside Zeal, and they're obviously going to get a lot of business because they're easily accessible. The issue with this is that it's also easily accessible for raiders, murderers or people who want to hold up your business, which can turn your shop into a bloodbath. It's up to you to find a balance between how accessible and useful your shop is and how easy it is for users to stop your business and use the hotspot for gaining xp or kills via PvP or some other methods.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well After seeing this question I will change my signshop page on the wiki to include rules.

Just to clarify mine isn't the one posted above

y0sho

Gold

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
[blank]
2:1
Sand

by the way;

doing this will result in a chest shop that only buys and sells entire stacks of sand (hence the 64)

Also if you keep getting invalid item id errors, just look up the item id on the minecraft wiki and put that where the name goes, like where sand goes, instead you would put 12

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter