• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Scrolls

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
Scrolls- rare Drops from mobs and sometimes, players.

Scrolls are a rare drop from mobs. Like relics, there are five levels of them. They can be combined to create a Spellbook. The Scrolls dropped are relics of skills from classes.

Ex. Jimmy kills zombie. He gets Poison Scroll. He kills more zombies and gets all five levels of them. He puts them in a Crafting Table and gets a Spellbook of Poison. If he holds this and right clicks, Jimmy can use the skill Envenom. I'm not sure how many uses this should have.

Players could drop this as a rare drop, like heads, depending on the class that player is.

Ex. Bob the Paladin dies, and drops a HolySteed Scroll.

Thank you for listening to my idea,
SurvivalManZ, the Wandering Ranger

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Scrolls- rare Drops from mobs and sometimes, players.

Scrolls are a rare drop from mobs. Like relics, there are five levels of them. They can be combined to create a Spellbook. The Scrolls dropped are relics of skills from classes.

Ex. Jimmy kills zombie. He gets Poison Scroll. He kills more zombies and gets all five levels of them. He puts them in a Crafting Table and gets a Spellbook of Poison. If he holds this and right clicks, Jimmy can use the skill Envenom. I'm not sure how many uses this should have.

Players could drop this as a rare drop, like heads, depending on the class that player is.

Ex. Bob the Paladin dies, and drops a HolySteed Scroll.

Thank you for listening to my idea,
SurvivalManZ, the Wandering Ranger
So If I understand you correctly, if I stocked up on scrolls, I could be a dragoon with groupteleport, jump, backflip, bolt, bonespear, and chaotic visions all in the same fight?

No thanks

Weikauno

Coder
Wasn't something like this proposed earlier in future update notes? I remember reading about maybe being able to gain new skills from scrolls, but they would be very limited in which ones were able to be gained through scrolls.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Wasn't something like this proposed earlier in future update notes? I remember reading about maybe being able to gain new skills from scrolls, but they would be very limited in which ones were able to be gained through scrolls.
Kainzo did, I'd imagine still does, want to have skills available through means other than level-up; Dungeons, custom items, boss mobs, etc. When I read that, I imagined different, new skills available only through those methods, that didn't provide any mass advantage. Similar to how in Sanctum (pre-Heroes) there were Spell Dungeons you could challenge, i.e. one for Blink. This idea would have to be refined some, but I think it could provide an interesting change in dynamic.

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
So If I understand you correctly, if I stocked up on scrolls, I could be a dragoon with groupteleport, jump, backflip, bolt, bonespear, and chaotic visions all in the same fight?

No thanks

Maybe you'd only be able to use them out of combat. Meaning that you could only start a fight with one of them, then be forced to use your own skills until you left combat.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Kainzo promised a sort of wands with spells imbedded in them, sorta like an extra skill :3 So I could use entangle or GTP but only 1 at a time :D