• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Return of No Griefing please

I know that the griefing rule was change with the addition of new towns, but I would like to point out that for new players who are interested in building a town or community of friends this can work against them. If you have a build that you are working on while saving up the funds to start a new town and have to constantly repair griefed areas it can slow down the progress and cause people to give up and quit the server.

This in turn decreases population and lowers player base retention which means less PVP for veterans later on when a town is actually established.

I know this is a hardcore server, but I also know that new player retention has been an ongoing issue for quite some time.

I would like to see the return of no griefing at least applied to claimed areas where someone is obviously trying to build something such as a town.

JacobBurkey

Portal
quit being a lil bitch

dont build until you have money for a town then ????????????

make an lwc and dirt hut until you have money for town ???

join other town till you have money for your own town ??

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
quit being a lil bitch

Before I say something productive to the post at hand, I need to tell you that you insufferable scumbags smeared on the server have no place being complete dicks to everyone like you're entitled to superiority over another. there are nicer ways to respond to someone, and you don't need to be an asswipe 100% of the time.

I honestly liked the idea of being able to build without major risk of grief, it encouraged some fantastic large scale projects that couldn't quite get protection but still deserved recognition. It also discouraged widespread grief to ruin town landscapes.

I'd like to see the rule return as well, I think it was a good rule altogether, and maybe with a few minor changes it'll be a bit better.

quit being a lil bitch

(Read this in a Scottish accent, it helps)

Quit bein' a li'l bitch, yar comments are entirely useless ya damn fool.

(You can stop reading in a Scottish accent now)

1. Not the point. Players should be able to build awesome things when they can. I would have loved this rule at the start of the map, I would have built all sorts of crazy shit. Now the map just looks like normal shit, players that want to go it alone can't, towns need to claim every single plot they want to build on or their builds will be destroyed. It screws over anyone who wants to build in MC, which quite frankly is the whole fucking point of MC.

2. Has nothing to do with a lack of griefing, just replace blocks of unregioned buildings when raiding :l

3. See point 1
Before I say something productive to the post at hand, I need to tell you that you insufferable scumbags smeared on the server have no place being complete dicks to everyone like you're entitled to superiority over another. there are nicer ways to respond to someone, and you don't need to be an asswipe 100% of the time.

I honestly liked the idea of being able to build without major risk of grief, it encouraged some fantastic large scale projects that couldn't quite get protection but still deserved recognition. It also discouraged widespread grief to ruin town landscapes.

I'd like to see the rule return as well, I think it was a good rule altogether, and maybe with a few minor changes it'll be a bit better.
I was going to say this was heavy-handed, but it really isn't. If you join the server and instantly get camped, you'd probably leave the server. Now put on top of that the cancer these guys are spewing out of every fucking orifice, the server starts to turn to shit again.

Don't get me wrong, there are some reasonable PvPers who just have nothing better to do on the server than camp noobs. But I've seen that sort of thing completely destroy servers. I think things like war are a good step, but it came too late on this map to save it.

Thank you @Dafefman and @iAlchemist for your responses.

@JacobBurkey I'm not talking about raiding. Raid away, steal my unsecured shit, that is part of this server so by all means continue.

What I am referring to is destroying a build that someone has worked hard on. Filling a structure with random blocks. Punching holes in a build for no other reason that to be destructive. Want to steal those <insert rare block name here> go for it! Taking all the doors, windows, sections of a cobblestone wall out of a build just to be a dick. It wasn't rare blocks that were removed, just common stuff. Easy to replace, easy to aquire.

The griefer did it just to be an ass and to run off the builder or cause the builder to have to spend time making repairs. I've seen seen a case where the griefer placed signs up telling the builder to leave and no one wants you here. That's the kind of toxic mess that turns people away from this server.