• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Renewable Mining Lands (Warshard)

wolfboy494

Legacy Supporter 5
Simple idea to add a way to always have ressources available to mine for the players without the need to expand the map.
what if Warshard made a return?
But as a land where it renews every set amount of time, with a new seed, new ressources everything to mine and gather.
Other servers usually opt for renewing past a certain X or Z, like past 3500 for example the map renews every set amount of time. But HC usually goes a different route, so i thought I'd give a more "hardcore" option, also if you think renewable ressources arent Hardcore, mining in a 750x750 (opposed to 7000x7000) area where everything is permitted kinda is lol.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
I like this much much!!
How about a 500x500 Map focused On pvping with more ores, there would Be constant fighting for the huge amounts of ores, and a monthly reset?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Little while ago Kainzo said that there are new worlds in the works. and like you said @ChunkyM0nk3y they are going to have PvP active so that is a definite possibility I would say.

agentjwall

Godly
I'd love the idea but maybe there'd have to be some sort of catch to it, like only having one exit. This way it would promote PvP since you'd have to fight your way through hordes of campers to get out with your mining spoils :p

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
1.7 land on the current map is still full of gold. But no you can't simply run through a cave and find it in a wall, you actually have to go digging for it.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I think he wants people to avoid fighting mobs to level and instead go to the warshard and fight people to level. I can't say I agree with it though. PvE is hard enough and it shouldn't be harder just to make PvP more popular. Remember this is a well rounded server, we want to provide an ideal place for PvP, PvE, crafting etc. and not just focus on one (PvP).

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
RaisinG the Ore Frequency and giving People the Opportunity to kill each Other with Crazy loot would both make pvp appealing and Mining more successful, isnt that better?

wolfboy494

Legacy Supporter 5
If we were to implement this I believe that damage from everything excluding players needs to be buffed a lot and also with a small exp reduction.

If this would be implemented mining exp gains and gold or coin value might have to be revised.
I don't see why the mob part tbh.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I haven't spent an excessive amount of time on the other maps/worlds, but from I can tell they never seem to be all that successful. Warshard rarely saw players leave the spawn encampment. A 500x500 map might be useful, but there's still plenty of gold left on the main map. It's like 7000x7000! That being said, I feel the main map is a bit too large as it is. With 1.0's oceans, the size might be a little more closed in, though. ~hoping for continents and islands~

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
I haven't spent an excessive amount of time on the other maps/worlds, but from I can tell they never seem to be all that successful. Warshard rarely saw players leave the spawn encampment. A 500x500 map might be useful, but there's still plenty of gold left on the main map. It's like 7000x7000! That being said, I feel the main map is a bit too large as it is. With 1.0's oceans, the size might be a little more closed in, though. ~hoping for continents and islands~
You Know, in warshard you could just pvp, but there you could Mine Lots of ores and exp, so the pvp will (maybe) Be Even mor than in zeal.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think if this happens the spawn for such a map should be floating, so the whole map is generated smoothly and if they dropped the spawn structure in it won't mess stuff up :) it could look really cool too! (i know zeal is floating, but whatever.