• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Relics

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
It would be cool if relics spawned once a week. By relic i mean an item you collect that can buff you while it is in your inventory. after a week the relic fades and spawns elsewhere. If you don't like relics then call them something else. Runes, glyphs...whatever.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
hrmm... restricted on what we can do and how we can track the inventory to see if you're holding an item... It'd have to be in your hotbar...
Or get the Coders politely ask the Coders(which I can't tag thanks to restrictions of numbers of people I can tag) to see if they could throw together a fancy little plugin. Though I have no clue on how much work it takes, so I have no clue.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
This would seem cool but some type of buff may be OP for some classes.
How would you obtain relics?

Apart them these great suggestion! ;)

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
I was thinking a book... but the buff would be random in effect and strength. i also thought about it applying to a town. if a certain town controlled a relic, their members get the buff. At the end of the week, or if it gets stolen, it's gone and resets, then towns fight over the relics

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
How long would the buff last for and what would be the 'relic' item?
I was thinking the relic item itself could be another plugin, though I'm not sure if they're up for making it.... so instead of the relic appearing in your inventory, it would appear as a command with timeleft and stuff like that...
I guess it would change how long it lasted through the strength of the boss?

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't think the buffs should give advantages in pvp/raiding, but instead maybe bonus % exp?

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
I don't get why people don't like pvp buffs. If you fought your way to the relic and earned it, well you earned it! That's why I said let it last a week, so everyone has a chance to become OP for a while.[DOUBLEPOST=1358023207,1358023182][/DOUBLEPOST]This way the relic would be worth getting.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I don't get why people don't like pvp buffs. If you fought your way to the relic and earned it, well you earned it! That's why I said let it last a week, so everyone has a chance to become OP for a while.[DOUBLEPOST=1358023207,1358023182][/DOUBLEPOST]This way the relic would be worth getting.
Once you earned it, none else would be able to get it because you'd be TOO op. That's why people don't like PvP buffs.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Could this not be achieved by using console commands to create items with enchants? By fiddling with materials and durability, one could make limited use items. Of course, these might be repaired by smiths.

What about custom potions with high level effects? One use, and coders don't need to add some sort of item recall routine.

Alternatively, one could put enchants on an item that is not normally obtainable in game. After the time limit is over, admins could do a server wide inventory/chest wipe of that particular item.

Just a few ideas.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Ideas for buffs that won't break the game:

For the town each week with the respective relic:

Every 8 mins, 30 seconds speed 1 boost
Every 8 mins, 1:30 mins of Night Vision
Increased Animal Breeding/Crop growth
Access to the skill, /skill warp (warp to spawn every 8 hours, maybe make it 24), regardless of profession.
Access to forbidden areas, places of worship for the Gods of Herocraft, that have one additional quest.

Buffs, crops, etc. would probably only happen on your own town's region, and the relic would have to be in someone in your town's hotbar, while they are logged in but not in spawn or on the town region/residences. So relics would be passed from town member to town member, and kept out of any regioned areas to maintain the buff for town members back on the region.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Once you earned it, none else would be able to get it because you'd be TOO op. That's why people don't like PvP buffs.

After a week the buff falls off, the relic is spawned again, and up for grabs. Anyone would be able to get it at this point.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
But i never said what the buff would be...how do you know if it is too op? That is the point though, to be OP for a short while. Such is the glory of obtaining the relic.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
This would seem cool but some type of buff may be OP for some classes.
How would you obtain relics?

Apart them these great suggestion! ;)

The relics would spawn in a chest, either in a cave or buried somewhere...

As far as being OP, good. It should be OP. You worked hard to obtain the relic (or maybe stumbled across it...) so you earned being badass for a short while. Imagine the turn out for an arena battle for a relic. That would be something to see.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I don't agree to PvP related buffs since pvp should be fair, not decided through relics. Timezones, town size, relic spawntime all come into play when retrieving it, too much to decide for a PvP advantage.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
How about, making a collectable number of. When you retrieve all the relics, (Since its a number of them, maybe make it so that whole towns would look for them.) And depending on what set you've gathered, you could get difdernt town bonuses,like crop growth, access to a spiecal mining map, or maybe just randomly get ores in there town. Cheap transumsions, like iron to gold, but more cost effective then aalchemist. Thing that that would be cool to have for towns.

No PvP region relics,
Free nether port relics,
Warp skill relics,
Mob egg spawning relics,
Random wood cutting relics,
Mining world, with more ores then all the other worlds,
Random animal spawning relics,
Turret relics,
Anti mob relics,
Random instant resources or gold,

It would be interesting to see how towns would work for these goals, it would make a lot more world PvP, and if a town needs only a couple more relics, they might buy then off of other players.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Yea that's kind of what i wanted. The relic needs to be desirable enough to cause a map wide war