• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Questions about the state of PvP from an old player

Hello,

Old player possibly returning here.

I was just wondering, considering playing this next map with a couple of friends who are really into the PvP side of this server, has much changed since a few maps ago?

We used to really enjoy roaming as a 3-man group and fighting for treasure chests and working towards town upgrades. Occasionally stumbling across that other group who would put up a decent fight or that solo player who would leg it as soon as he saw us. We'd die a reasonable amount of times, lose our gear, become frustrated, but the times when we won the group fights made up for it.

Or the times we'd venture over to a neighbouring town and wait outside their exit. Maybe gank one or two of their townies outside but they would regroup inside and prepare a team to combat the attackers. What would follow would be an hour of intense fights between each side, we'd often lose our items and have to come back but overall it was really fun.

I remember quitting because a map or so later, as soon as I got my mastery and they got theirs, we would look for a fight and only be able to get a typical warp camp fight which was really not intense at all as nobody risked losing their items and I was really unmotivated to play after that. Also the countless times we all got rolled by some legendary class.

I was wondering has the server changed much in terms of PvP? Is it actually possible to get somebody's loot if you kill them? Is there open-world clashes between groups which aren't organised? In terms of dungeons, is there a possibility of back-dooring a group farming dungeons in the over-world, stomping on them and then camping their loot? Will other groups come over to our town and look for a fight? Or will it just be the same as before, we put hours into a town and then PvP at portals the whole map?

I understand that maybe I'm looking for a niche which HC has left, but just some insight would be nice.

Cheers,
Chilli

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Hello,

Old player possibly returning here.

I was just wondering, considering playing this next map with a couple of friends who are really into the PvP side of this server, has much changed since a few maps ago?

We used to really enjoy roaming as a 3-man group and fighting for treasure chests and working towards town upgrades. Occasionally stumbling across that other group who would put up a decent fight or that solo player who would leg it as soon as he saw us. We'd die a reasonable amount of times, lose our gear, become frustrated, but the times when we won the group fights made up for it.

Or the times we'd venture over to a neighbouring town and wait outside their exit. Maybe gank one or two of their townies outside but they would regroup inside and prepare a team to combat the attackers. What would follow would be an hour of intense fights between each side, we'd often lose our items and have to come back but overall it was really fun.

I remember quitting because a map or so later, as soon as I got my mastery and they got theirs, we would look for a fight and only be able to get a typical warp camp fight which was really not intense at all as nobody risked losing their items and I was really unmotivated to play after that. Also the countless times we all got rolled by some legendary class.

I was wondering has the server changed much in terms of PvP? Is it actually possible to get somebody's loot if you kill them? Is there open-world clashes between groups which aren't organised? In terms of dungeons, is there a possibility of back-dooring a group farming dungeons in the over-world, stomping on them and then camping their loot? Will other groups come over to our town and look for a fight? Or will it just be the same as before, we put hours into a town and then PvP at portals the whole map?

I understand that maybe I'm looking for a niche which HC has left, but just some insight would be nice.

Cheers,
Chilli
With this upcoming new map Friday this is exactly what we are trying to return to. We have revamped the class system with new skills, will be fun.

Boomer779

TNT
While we are trying to return to this format that you mention, I disagree that it will ever be that way. The most previous map i played for a couple of months with a couple of friends. The only PvP that happens is from the pros. They group up and form a town and only seek to kinda just PvP and kill everyone. But even this type of PvP does not happen often accept for castles for resources and then its almost 10 people coming to fight very few. The skill gap between new and old players are huge and the format that we had and probably will have promotes new players to leave as the constantly get killed. You can get loot but only if you camp their death chest for 5-8 mins until it de-locks in which the person who died can grab at any time. Other groups will come to your town and PvP as well as form towns only dedicated to PvP. Overall, the server is highly PvP focused so if you excel at the type of PvP in hero craft you will enjoy this new map and update.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
You can get loot but only if you camp their death chest for 5-8 mins until it de-locks in which the person who died can grab at any time.
Death chests no longer just auto drop. Player must have a chest and sign in inventory.

Boomer779

TNT
Death chests no longer just auto drop. Player must have a chest and sign in inventory.
However, if you still hold a chest and a sign that you could easily grab from your enderchest at spawn all you have to do is right click to get all the stuff bad and then they can die again just to make people wait again

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
However, if you still hold a chest and a sign that you could easily grab from your enderchest at spawn all you have to do is right click to get all the stuff bad and then they can die again just to make people wait again
Not sure if we will be continuing spawning at spawn upon death. We used to have a system called graveyards.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
@Chilli_Bandit only time will tell once the beta ends but I am predicting that PVP will alot more prevalent and rewarding this map. I have a few reasons why:

• back on the gold standard economy so wealth is mostly finite. You will WANT to loot towns when possible
  • All TNT skills require TNT as a reagent and you can only get it from spawn as a money sink. However, towns are TNT-ON all the time with a regen feature. So griefing done by TNT explosions is undone in like a minute BUT you can breach insecure towns that are otherwise sealed off if you got the money to burn
  • WARP is restricted to crafter. If you decide to take a capturable location like a castle it would require you to take a wizard or someone with port (druid?) in your party to even consider taking more than one castle. It's no longer a blind rush at server reset
  • Township requirements beyond tier1 are much higher - so if you and your buddies want to be more than a little gank squad (or just need more space to store your shit) you will not have much success without growing your population and getting more money. This will cause big towns to stay big because wannabe middle towns will roll over or just not succeed. So towns will either be big cities full of players or tiny gank squad dens and anything in between is just a town on its way to becoming big.

This is not every reason the new map is going to be good, but these are changes pretty much everyone wants and is good for everything.

911FashionPolice

Glowstone
@Chilli_Bandit only time will tell once the beta ends but I am predicting that PVP will alot more prevalent and rewarding this map. I have a few reasons why:

• back on the gold standard economy so wealth is mostly finite. You will WANT to loot towns when possible
  • All TNT skills require TNT as a reagent and you can only get it from spawn as a money sink. However, towns are TNT-ON all the time with a regen feature. So griefing done by TNT explosions is undone in like a minute BUT you can breach insecure towns that are otherwise sealed off if you got the money to burn
  • WARP is restricted to crafter. If you decide to take a capturable location like a castle it would require you to take a wizard or someone with port (druid?) in your party to even consider taking more than one castle. It's no longer a blind rush at server reset
  • Township requirements beyond tier1 are much higher - so if you and your buddies want to be more than a little gank squad (or just need more space to store your shit) you will not have much success without growing your population and getting more money. This will cause big towns to stay big because wannabe middle towns will roll over or just not succeed. So towns will either be big cities full of players or tiny gank squad dens and anything in between is just a town on its way to becoming big.

This is not every reason the new map is going to be good, but these are changes pretty much everyone wants and is good for everything.
So does this mean newerth will fight now

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Not quite

Yeah that's also coming from a guy who devotes his life to minecraft, if someone were to take actual offense to that then they're more pathetic than he is.
Mad because bad!!!!

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I think it's time to give the computer a rest... there are other people that live near you you know, maybe you should try talking with them and you might actually find yourself a gf xd
Drinking with the boys right now! Maybe you need a reality check my dude image.jpg