• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Pyromancer] Chaotic Strength

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
...seems to be primarily useless. It's a unique ability and might work well in strength oriented pyromancer builds, but more often than not it seems that the mana and the spell damage is far more important than the mere 15 strength you trade for. What I'm trying to say is that I find this to be an out of place or otherwise useless ability 90% of the time. Pyromancer does more than well without it, since spell damage is the real crux of pyromancer; why would I want to reduce my spell damage AND my valuable mana for what... 5 more damage on my supplementary damage source?

As far as suggesting replacements or reworks for this ability... I don't know. Like I said, Pyromancer is very well to do even without Chaotic Strength, and I am unsure about buffing pyromancer in some way without pushing it over the top. If you guys have good ideas you'd like to add that won't break Pyro, feel free to post them and I'll compile them into an edit on my OP.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this guys, I'm not sure how everyone else feels.

Thank you,
Keache

Last edited:

szatanista

Soulsand
Yea that ability seems pretty useless since it drains all your mana away and doesn't give almost anything back. I like the concept of this ability so maybe something like "You are blessed with dark power and recieve X stregth for 15 seconds" That would add only a little bit too Pyro's melee damage without taking all the mana away. Or just replace "Strength" with "Intellect" to give him a little power spike for 5-10 seconds.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Yea that ability seems pretty useless since it drains all your mana away and doesn't give almost anything back. I like the concept of this ability so maybe something like "You are blessed with dark power and recieve X stregth for 15 seconds" That would add only a little bit too Pyro's melee damage without taking all the mana away. Or just replace "Strength" with "Intellect" to give him a little power spike for 5-10 seconds.

Honestly, increasing intellect at the cost of strength is much better imo, though not sure how the balance would do with that.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
ChaoticStrength was one of the first skills created for the new Pyromancer, and it was largely an experimental skill. When attributes had a much higher weight on things, (particularly towards melee damage) this skill undoubtedly had it's uses. However, I can agree that in the current situation, the skill is...lackluster, to say the least.

I'm leaning more towards ignoring it or removing it entirely, as the fact remains: Pyromancer is plenty strong without it. Should the entire classes skillset be brought down so that this skill is a necessity? I don't really think so. I'm up for ideas, but I do not think it's really an urgent issue.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah, like you said, Pyro's in a great spot with or without that ability. I'll see if I can brainstorm some ideas that would replace it, if anything.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
....how do you feel about burnout? Do you still care for it or was it scrapped?
Scrapped. Their mobility is right where I think it should be. On flat land, they have little to none, but in uneven terrain, they have the ability to get decent gaps on their opponents.

Burnout was designed for the old Pyromancer, which was very much a fish out of water in any standard teamfight. They had no way to defend themselves and no way to chase or escape enemies. Unlike Wizard or Beguiler that at least had tools to defend themselves, the Pyromancer had nothing.

Now that Chaos Orb & Ender Pearls work again, they can defend themselves a bit, but not enough to kite endlessly. It's just the right amount that I was looking for, and so Burnout is no longer desirable.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Scrapped. Their mobility is right where I think it should be. On flat land, they have little to none, but in uneven terrain, they have the ability to get decent gaps on their opponents.

Burnout was designed for the old Pyromancer, which was very much a fish out of water in any standard teamfight. They had no way to defend themselves and no way to chase or escape enemies. Unlike Wizard or Beguiler that at least had tools to defend themselves, the Pyromancer had nothing.

Now that Chaos Orb & Ender Pearls work again, they can defend themselves a bit, but not enough to kite endlessly. It's just the right amount that I was looking for, and so Burnout is no longer desirable.

Yeah... Begs the question, though: are Pyromancers really in need of anything? All they could really get without throwing them out of balance at this point is utility, I think. All that they would be missing is a level 50 skill, honestly. Do they really need anything else?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I don't really feel like they need anything. It's possible they even need some slight nerfs. (I've been dealing quite a few nerfs to the class since the launch of the map, but it might not be enough, simply due to their lack of need for a few skills).

Whooo knowsss