• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

PvP info needed for Wiki

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The Wiki is strangely silent on Herocraft PvP :eek:.

Please send me material! I’ll put it together but I just need it in enough detail that a PvP noob such as myself :oops: can understand it. Even a few sentences to illuminate particular areas would be helpful, thanks. Either in this thread, or pm me ;).

Here’s a starter list:

Generally
  • Combat tagging
    • what is it
    • how does it happen
    • effect on eating
    • effect on certain skills
  • PvP logging
    • what is it
    • rules regarding PvP logging
    • what happens when you do it
  • PvP generally
    • what’s considered acceptable
    • what to do when you run into someone in the wilds
    • graveyard camping
    • bounties (general info, with ref to commands section on bounties)
  • PvE
    • rewards (exp and gold nuggets)
    • rules on mob farming/dark rooms
    • leveling and damage info
Group PvP
  • Parties (general info, with ref to commands section on parties)
    • effect on sharing exp
    • communication (ingame chat)
    • skills that affect parties (healing, combat)
    • distance from player using the skill
  • Player initiated
    • ad hoc raiding in a group
    • organized inter-town battles
  • Server organized – PvP arenas
    • 1v1, 2v2 etc
    • bringing gear, free gear
    • rewards
    • collecting bounties in
  • Server organized – other?
So, who’s up for it? Please tag anyone else you think might be interested/who could help too.

Suggested time frame: Say, material to me as soon as you like, but otherwise by the end of this coming weekend, how's that sound?

Danda Davros_ EvilThor Johnbaur Kainzo kevinlive Kwong050 leftovers5 mikehk Orangedude345 PewPewPewLasers Roadkill909 Rumblestikk Sidgil TheMormon werwew190
hjhjhjj4 PCmonkey11 and crew

Also TheMormon and Davros_ please tag the Guides as a group or individuals - I ran out of numbers I could tag.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Do not forget to add that you will not be able to beat anyone in a raid unless you have 5 more people then your enemies since that is the meta (I think thats what meta means hahahha) of HC....

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
PVP well whats to say about it? I covered PVP a tiny bit regarding skill usage and HP and mana in the HOW To Herocraft! thread (tiny.cc/hchelp) But I think it'd be common sense to find a group and stick with em to fight.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
WitchOnaRampage Your constant dedication to the wiki is admirable.
indeed...

• Combat tagging
    • what is it: A process where upon initiating conflict with a target, a timer is set off for 10 seconds currently, which will hold you in combat, and will restrict your ability to use skills and food that must be used out of combat.
    • how does it happen: The heroes plugin has this coded into it' so that it may add more to the game. upon entering combat, you will see a chat that says "You have entered combat!" and upon not receiving or dealing damage for 10 seconds, you will leave combat and a message will tell you "You have left combat!"
    • effect on eating: in combat, you cannot regenerate health by eating food like usual. instead your food will be wasted and you will not regenerate health with food. you CAN however, gain health through certain skills, such as bandage.
    • effect on certain skills: some skills require you be out of combat to use. One example is Recall. Recall takes you back to where you /skill marked, and is generally used as a /sethome, /home sort of thing, but it requires redstone and has a 15 minute cooldown
  • PvP logging
    • what is it: The process of logging off in mid-combat in order to avoid being killed, robbed, and losing position on the map.
    • rules regarding PvP logging: PvP logging is illegal, and as punishmenmt, the server will kill you as soon as you log on. If you PvP log too much, and people start giving complaints, you may eventually be banned. It IS legal, however, to log mid-"combat", if you are not combat tagged. If you can manage to run from an opponent for 10 seconds without dealing, or taking any damage, or using rooting skills on your target or viceversa, you may log out and wait for them to move on.
    • what happens when you do it: As said, the server kills you the instant you log on if you log off while combat tagged.
  • PvP generally
    • what’s considered acceptable: you MAY harrass people in any form of PvP. You MAY kill other people at will, and you MAY keep their stuff. You may NOT boost another person (The process of letting someone kill you so they gain exp/levels)
    • what to do when you run into someone in the wildsL you can do many things in this situation, you can either run if you know they are stronger than you and you have no chance, you may pvp log before they can get to you (however they may camp that spot), you may also stand and fight. A common procedure before attacking anyone, is simply /hero whois [the person], and this will tell you their level. if they are considerably higher level than you, you may want to log off, or simply run. anothe rthing to do is /t who [the person], this will tell you what town they are in, and sometimes you may have just encountered an ally.
    • graveyard camping: graveyard camping IS legal, although many people frown upon it. Some people think it is "fun" and camp people with no chance of getting away, just so they may gain higher pvp scores (to the rest of the server though, this number means nothing if you gained it all by graveyard camping.
    • bounties (general info, with ref to commands section on bounties): bounties are rewards placed on certain people by other people on the server. Bounties will give coin, and a head when successfully completed. yo list current bounties on the players online, you may type "/bounty list" and this will pull up a list of people with a bounty on their heads. This is currently the only way to obtain player heads in herocraft, except on VERY rare occasions (nothing is impossible ;) )
  • PvE
  • rewards (exp and gold nuggets): about 25% of mobs will drop a gold nugget, which can eventually be combined with 8 others to make a gold ingot, which can be sold for 9c at the DHX at spawn. all mobs will give exp, from the 1 exp chickens of the forest, to the 300 exp giants of events, exp ranges between mobs. Sometimes a fellow player will pay 50-150$ to give the entire server boosted exp gains for 12 hours. exp is needed to level up and to level up is to get more powerful.
  • rules on mob farming/dark rooms: mob farming by use of a monster spawner will result in possible ban plus a loss in levels. dark rooms are also illegal, and when found, will be filled with something by the admins, and you will be potentially banned, as well as hero reset, which is the process of having your hero back at lv 1
  • leveling and damage info: leveling up will make you more powerful, and levels are progressibeely harder to gain the more you do so. all mob's damages have been modified to a set amount, and will hurt you not based on how many hearts, but by how much health. you can see your health by simply typing /hp. At lower levels, you will have less health, and will therefor ebe more susceptable to mob's attacks. the stronger you get though, the weaker mobs will seem, and it will all be worth it when you see them cowering in fear because of your might.

i feel loved on this server, been tagged for a reason i didnt know about, I'll help in what ways I can![DOUBLEPOST=1353583118,1353583091][/DOUBLEPOST]how that? there's some info

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I would love to help whit this, I know the most important things and commands about thoose subjects, the only down side is that after I've left for school tomorrow, I will be unable to log into any computer before monday...
(going out of town).
I'l look if there is any parts missing on monday ;)

I'm also planning to make a "how to HCO forums" to post on the wiki, some time when I get enough time.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
indeed...

• Combat tagging
    • what is it: A process where upon initiating conflict with a target, a timer is set off for 10 seconds currently, which will hold you in combat, and will restrict your ability to use skills and food that must be used out of combat.
    • how does it happen: The heroes plugin has this coded into it' so that it may add more to the game. upon entering combat, you will see a chat that says "You have entered combat!" and upon not receiving or dealing damage for 10 seconds, you will leave combat and a message will tell you "You have left combat!"
    • effect on eating: in combat, you cannot regenerate health by eating food like usual. instead your food will be wasted and you will not regenerate health with food. you CAN however, gain health through certain skills, such as bandage.
    • effect on certain skills: some skills require you be out of combat to use. One example is Recall. Recall takes you back to where you /skill marked, and is generally used as a /sethome, /home sort of thing, but it requires redstone and has a 15 minute cooldown
  • PvP logging
    • what is it: The process of logging off in mid-combat in order to avoid being killed, robbed, and losing position on the map.
    • rules regarding PvP logging: PvP logging is illegal, and as punishmenmt, the server will kill you as soon as you log on. If you PvP log too much, and people start giving complaints, you may eventually be banned. It IS legal, however, to log mid-"combat", if you are not combat tagged. If you can manage to run from an opponent for 10 seconds without dealing, or taking any damage, or using rooting skills on your target or viceversa, you may log out and wait for them to move on.
    • what happens when you do it: As said, the server kills you the instant you log on if you log off while combat tagged.
  • PvP generally
    • what’s considered acceptable: you MAY harrass people in any form of PvP. You MAY kill other people at will, and you MAY keep their stuff. You may NOT boost another person (The process of letting someone kill you so they gain exp/levels)
    • what to do when you run into someone in the wildsL you can do many things in this situation, you can either run if you know they are stronger than you and you have no chance, you may pvp log before they can get to you (however they may camp that spot), you may also stand and fight. A common procedure before attacking anyone, is simply /hero whois [the person], and this will tell you their level. if they are considerably higher level than you, you may want to log off, or simply run. anothe rthing to do is /t who [the person], this will tell you what town they are in, and sometimes you may have just encountered an ally.
    • graveyard camping: graveyard camping IS legal, although many people frown upon it. Some people think it is "fun" and camp people with no chance of getting away, just so they may gain higher pvp scores (to the rest of the server though, this number means nothing if you gained it all by graveyard camping.
    • bounties (general info, with ref to commands section on bounties): bounties are rewards placed on certain people by other people on the server. Bounties will give coin, and a head when successfully completed. yo list current bounties on the players online, you may type "/bounty list" and this will pull up a list of people with a bounty on their heads. This is currently the only way to obtain player heads in herocraft, except on VERY rare occasions (nothing is impossible ;) )
  • PvE
  • rewards (exp and gold nuggets): about 25% of mobs will drop a gold nugget, which can eventually be combined with 8 others to make a gold ingot, which can be sold for 9c at the DHX at spawn. all mobs will give exp, from the 1 exp chickens of the forest, to the 300 exp giants of events, exp ranges between mobs. Sometimes a fellow player will pay 50-150$ to give the entire server boosted exp gains for 12 hours. exp is needed to level up and to level up is to get more powerful.
  • rules on mob farming/dark rooms: mob farming by use of a monster spawner will result in possible ban plus a loss in levels. dark rooms are also illegal, and when found, will be filled with something by the admins, and you will be potentially banned, as well as hero reset, which is the process of having your hero back at lv 1
  • leveling and damage info: leveling up will make you more powerful, and levels are progressibeely harder to gain the more you do so. all mob's damages have been modified to a set amount, and will hurt you not based on how many hearts, but by how much health. you can see your health by simply typing /hp. At lower levels, you will have less health, and will therefor ebe more susceptable to mob's attacks. the stronger you get though, the weaker mobs will seem, and it will all be worth it when you see them cowering in fear because of your might.

i feel loved on this server, been tagged for a reason i didnt know about, I'll help in what ways I can![DOUBLEPOST=1353583118,1353583091][/DOUBLEPOST]how that? there's some info
HMM this is EPIC ! Ill read it over today at work. Mind if I summarize this and add this to my post?
Also, Ill get that thread moved to the guides section.

kamigreed

Stone
May I suggest that we mark areas where PVP are? like distance between the non=pvp area at spawn and pvp area at the black market? because i dont even know that i wandered off into the black market and suddenly one guy just came and slowed me down and kept attacking me. Luckily I had armor and had to ran from the east to the south side of spawn and survived.Unfortunately, johnbaur was near me when i was running and I guess my attacker gave up on me and killed johnbaur. R.I.P johnbaur.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I think Ill do some work on the combat tagging page ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1353621562,1353606043][/DOUBLEPOST]How do I add a new page :confused:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Johnbaur just hang off on starting a page, please. I'm collating the info I'm getting from a few people - so far Kwong050 and mikehk and several others have indicated interest and there's Archmage_Lloyd 's material too. I'll be setting up a page that fits in with the overall structure of the Wiki.

So for now, please either contribute material to me, or wait until next week when you can comment on the material that comes together, ok ;)? Thank you.