• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Punch II bows should be disabled

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Simply put, punch II bows on ranger have the ability to shut down and constantly rubberband any melee class, and ultimately seems quite out of balance. Punch I is fine, but Punch II (and even knockback II swords) seem to cause a lot of problems. It's as if you put forcepush on top of every arrow that a ranger/bow user fires.

Thank you,
Keache

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I'd like to see this as well, if I'm honest. A ranger with a punch II bow is practically invulnerable. It's been this way since Bastion, but the class wasn't very appealing back then, so it was understandable to let it fly. Not to mention, with the latest version of nocheat, it seems that punch bows actually cause the receiver to rubberband in place upon being hit, essentially giving punch 2 bows the ability to stun for .2 seconds with every shot. It's...really dumb.

Though honestly I can't say I know of a way for us to outright disable it other than preventing the creation via Enchanting. This type of enchant would be better handled once HeroForge was finished.

Last edited: