• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Players "claiming" structures from Inactives.

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
This is a reminder to all the players wishing to take over structures from Inactive players.

YOU MUST WAIT ONE WEEK after posting your inital claim sign.

Especially all you guys taking over the shops on the north road. Simply posting a sign stating that it is yours on such-a-such day is not gonna fly when the logs show you posted that sign just yesterday.

The wait is 7 days now, not 3.

Thank you for your time.

(PS. Its helpful to staff if you do NOT remove your original sign posting, stating your intentions. If I cant find a sign with the date i'm looking for, I will reject your claim.)

Punisher79

Legacy Supporter 5
I tried to make minor grammatical corrections, but I dont have Perms? Odd, I used to be able to edit everything.

Also. Player inactivity is generally agreed upon as being inactive for 4 weeks, not 2, in the case of claiming structures.

We may also want to note here, that the REASON we ask them to notify staff, is that some players on extended vacation, or military duty, or for whatever else, have posted notification to Staff, thus protecting their belongings.

Staff is aware of who is on vacation, and who is just inactive.

Id also like to point out, that players attempting to take over a structure should leave up their ORIGINAL sign so that we can check the date from which the sign was first posted stating their intentions.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Ahh, right. I always thought it was 3 days, I will just adjust my signs then. :p I have already waited 2 days on most of them, so I guess that would be 5 more days left! :p

Punisher79

Legacy Supporter 5
Yep. Or you could just skip the petitions and just create your own structures.... There is no lazy way out of it. :D

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I tried to make minor grammatical corrections, but I dont have Perms? Odd, I used to be able to edit everything.

Also. Player inactivity is generally agreed upon as being inactive for 4 weeks, not 2, in the case of claiming structures.

We may also want to note here, that the REASON we ask them to notify staff, is that some players on extended vacation, or military duty, or for whatever else, have posted notification to Staff, thus protecting their belongings.

Staff is aware of who is on vacation, and who is just inactive.

Id also like to point out, that players attempting to take over a structure should leave up their ORIGINAL sign so that we can check the date from which the sign was first posted stating their intentions.
Alright, edited it a bit more.

Also, what is you name on the wiki? I checked "Punisher79", and it doesn't have any permissions. Just want to make sure that is you.

Punisher79

Legacy Supporter 5
Wierd. I used to have Perms. :(

Oh well. Your doing a great job!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Okay, try it again.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
so if i claim a structure with the intent of tearing it down for it's resources do i stil have to leave a sign where it stood?

Punisher79

Legacy Supporter 5
After your claim period of seven days passes, you can rip the whole thing down. Sign included.

You might consider showing an Admin/Mod first to cover your butt and make it "legal". Sometimes people leave on vacation and notify staff.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Well I wanted to claim this inactive town because it has been dead and unused for so long. I checked the area with /last login and the last date of activity I could find was on the 9th of September 2011. I have seen this town time and time again, even after its rings were removed and I have never seen any progress.

I was just wondering if I could claim it sooner than in 7 days because I would like to work on it much sooner! :)

Or, is it possible if I could work on it anyway but only ''officially'' claim it in 7 days?