• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Placing lava at spawn point illegal

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
By spawn point do you mean you recall point? Also what world are you in?

Also, this sounds like something [USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47]@Rules Council[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12]@Moderators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] or [USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] should clarify on. I don't believe we have a specific rule about this. Not one I've seen at least. I'll comb through the rules again to see if there was a one off sentience about it but, I think we need some clarity.

*This might be considered harassment if it was done intentionally*

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
No, as far as I know. People used to lava your recall point when they find out.
If it was on PvE it can be considered harassment, and it blocks passage to ones home and items. I don't know if he's on PvE though.
And also, if it was done intentionally, it might be harassment (I doubt it but it is a possibility)

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
If it was on PvE it can be considered harassment, and it blocks passage to ones home and items. I don't know if he's on PvE though.
And also, if it was done intentionally, it might be harassment (I doubt it but it is a possibility)
Well if it is in PvE, then it is illegal unless his recall point is in the player's house who lava'd him.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
i was on PvP. I logged out and when i logged in again. Lava around me and i couldn't get out. Is that illegal?
Sadly then it is perfectly legal. I suggest you let yourself die, and walk back to your home. Otherwise you can attempt to contact someone to go and remove the lava.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
It depends. Did you own the property? If so, then I would consider leaving blocks (i.e. lava in this instance) as griefing. If it was in the open and someone found the coords to your runestone, then I don't know if there is anything that can be done about that type of trap on PVP. PVE would be a different story.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
In PvE- Pretty sure it's 100% illegal, killing isn't allowed and you'd have to place the lava yourself

In PvP- Depends.

Where it's illegal-
  • In or around a place claimed by signs and/or regions
Where it's legal (unless they did the above)
  • In the wild as a trap for someone who logs out of combat
  • As a trap in general

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Is placing lava at someones spawn point illegal? Because it happend to me

PvP: Legal if it doesn't happen everytime you port to that location. As mentioned before, if it happens too often it's harassment and therefore illegal. Using lava buckets in general is a legitimate way to kill someone on PvP though, therefore the case must occur more often than once. It's also not legal if it happens in a non-pvp zone, of any kind, unless it's a trap in your spawn plot.

PvE: Illegal wherever you are. Killing players on PvE is not allowed unless the player, as in intruder, has entered a structure that YOU own and is therefore trespassing. It must be clear that it's your structure (with a sign for example) and it must happen inside the structure, not outside of it. Then and only then you are allowed to kill a player on PvE with a lava bucket or similar. If you have a trap in your structure on PvE, that does kill the intruder, it's not illegal either.

Last edited: