• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pistons and Regions.

Digger360

Obsidian
My apologies if this is on the wrong section of the forum.

Currently, it is very illegal to place a sticky piston in the boarder of a region and force an opening. While it seems logical that this would only cause griefing and unnecessary strife for the @Admins team, in reality it's really quite trivial to merely unpower the sticky piston in question returning the block to its original position, neutralizing the greif.

While this concept seems exploitative in nature, I argue that it's no more unfair to townships or personal regions then TnT cannons or enderpearls.

While in the past, things like beguilders using beguile to glitch past blocks and whatnot was considered a "feature" of a class, why draw the line at pistons? Especially since it requires a specific class to use, where miners using TnT is also a class specific way to breach a town.

Some might suggest newer players might accidentally irreversibly change a block, but just the nature of using this technique would require a certain amount of experience as it's unlikely that a mastered crafter who then spec'd engineer and thought of this idea would exist without actually reading or asking about the rules pertaining to this action.

Townships or region owners can easily make themselves "piston proof" with forethought and careful building, it only requires a two thick wall or unpushable block be present. TnT proofing is already considerably more complicated then pistons would require.

Thus I suggest piston use for moving regioned blocks be legalized on condition the affected blocks are returned to their original state and said region is a township or personal region.