• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Permissions incorrectly denied for certain ICs

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
When creating certain ICs, the IC is destroyed and error is relayed to user "You don't have permission to use MC####."

This only applies to some ICs which should be available to the player. This is verified by my Engineer level (23) according to the wiki, and also in-game commands where the Skill is in green and not red.

Some ICs seemed to work fine, such as the Repeater (MC1000), Inverter/Not (MC1001) and Clock (MC0420).

Others that didn't work include Counter (MC3101/3102) (I tried syntax for both Falsebook and Craftbook vars of 3101) and Pulser (MC2500).

Another one didn't have this permissions error, but exhibited behavoir I didn't understand. The Marquee (MC2999 according to Craftbook) I was able to create. However, it only did one of 2 things... if the # placed on line 3 was 0-3, it would cycle through 1-3 and output High only when it was 3. Using a higher number, it would just count higher and higher indefinitely. Perhaps I don't know the correct syntax.

I'm curious whether we are using Falsebook, Craftbook, or a combination of both. Falsebook documentation doesn't seem to show a Marquee IC but there clearly is one, which is listed on Craftbook. If we're using both, perhaps the issues I'm seeing have to do with some contention where both systems have ICs with the same number. Could be similar to an issue Kainzo was working on today, where the order things were loaded/listed in a particular file was causing permissions errors.

edit: This was tested after the 4.01 patch

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Danda do you mind double checking the permissions here? I think on our first go we may have mixed some permissions up.
@Morningstar42 - we are using Craftbook entirely - we axed the use of Falsebook due to it not being updated.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
Update: I've tested every IC that the Engineer page says should be available to me (lvl 43)

Most work, here are the ones I've tested that don't...

Pulsers MC2500, MC2510, MC 2511 and MC2501
All these say "You don't have permission to use MC####"

Adders/Subtractors MC4000, MC4010, MC4100, MC4110
All these say "UNKNOWN IC DETECTED"

Dispatcher MC4200
Also says "UNKNOWN IC DETECTED"

Untested IC numbers:

Everything else seemed to work, however there are a couple I may not have tested, because I wasn't 100% sure what MC#'s corresponded to the description on the Engineer pages.

edit: Updated with new tests since I levelled.[DOUBLEPOST=1347843093,1347762003][/DOUBLEPOST]@Danda just letting you know I've tested all the ICs I could and posted my results above, in case you have time to take another look at it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Update: I've tested every IC that the Engineer page says should be available to me (lvl 43)

Most work, here are the ones I've tested that don't...

Pulsers MC2500, MC2510, MC 2511 and MC2501
All these say "You don't have permission to use MC####"

Adders/Subtractors MC4000, MC4010, MC4100, MC4110
All these say "UNKNOWN IC DETECTED"

Dispatcher MC4200
Also says "UNKNOWN IC DETECTED"

Untested IC numbers:

Everything else seemed to work, however there are a couple I may not have tested, because I wasn't 100% sure what MC#'s corresponded to the description on the Engineer pages.

edit: Updated with new tests since I levelled.[DOUBLEPOST=1347843093,1347762003][/DOUBLEPOST]@Danda just letting you know I've tested all the ICs I could and posted my results above, in case you have time to take another look at it.
Thanks for the great bug report - I think there may be a permission related issue here... if you wanted to do more legwork we can provide you the configs so you can compare. Unfortunately, this is a priority just not top priority.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
Sure, if you send those configs along I'll take a look

Edit: and yea, I realize this is something you want fixed eventually, but there's a lot of higher priority issues at the moment. I'm just doing a little legwork to help for when this issue gets it's turn.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Sure, if you send those configs along I'll take a look

Edit: and yea, I realize this is something you want fixed eventually, but there's a lot of higher priority issues at the moment. I'm just doing a little legwork to help for when this issue gets it's turn.
PM inc.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
I get this "You don't have permission" for mc 0272 Player detector IC
One of the ICs I use the most. making doors opening only for specified player.
I would love to have access to this IC

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
@Kainzo @Morningstar42 Any progress on the permission file?
I have set up both Falsebook and Craftbook with varius permission files in the past.
I'm willing to help if needed.
(I had a sever runing for myself and my nephews, no plans for runing a public one)

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
@Shadoram, 0272 is not broken, instead it has not been implemented on the server at this time. Notice it's not listed in the skills for Engineers. I think the regular version (not self-triggered) works though.

I believe the regular Pulse IC works, and I think the other variants will work soon if they don't already.

The ones that say "Unknown IC Detected" don't seem to work at all. It doesn't seem to be a permissions issue, and I think we'll have to wait for an update to Craftbook before they might work.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
No it's the same issue with 1272 and the unit detectors.
Btw it's better to have the self triggering ICs then having an extra clock IC.
In regards to performance.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
Well I can't speak to those ICs because I'm not high enough level, sorry.

@Kainzo, @Danda Looking at the config files, it's possible that the entity detectors and clock-triggered player detector might have the same fix as the Pulsers.