• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Paypal - If you are under 18 stop using it

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Turns out even though they let you sign up, add credit cards, bank accounts, and put money in your account, it's illegal to have a paypal account if you are under 18. I put $1300 dollars in to buy computer parts to do my senior project. Guess what? Paypal fucking locked my account so I can't get the god damn money out for 180 days, or 6 months, or november 8th. That is fucking bullshit. Why the hell would they let you sign up if its illegal to sign up? And even after then I can no longer use my paypal, I am just allowed (thank god) to withdraw my money in the form of a mailed check or sent back to my bank account.

Point of rant: If you are under 18, get all your fucking cash out of paypal before they decide you have too much cash for a minor and decide to fuck up all your plans for the next year by taking all your money.

Also, paypal sucks........

EDIT: Also, I can only withdraw $500 a month unless I get a premium account which I need to be 18 to get so I can withdraw $500 november, $500 december, and so on until its out, so its liked they locked my shit for 9 months instead of 6. My computer is now a baby.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Is this the case outside of the US? Also, are your parents/guardians able to fix things up if you transfer ownership of the account to them, or is that not an option?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
It's in the ToS it seems, so its likely it counts for outside the US as well and transfering ownership is not an option. I am allowed to do the following, and nothing more:

Update Account information
Add a credit card
Add a bank account
Send REFUNDS (nothing else, because of legal reasons those are allowed)
Use PayPal logos in your auction listings or on your website (you get a little "seal of approval" from them if you give them enough personal info)

So yea, nothing else, no way around it, i've looked. Plenty of others with the problem but I had never heard of it. The legality is clear and im stuck, if your under 18 dore I suggest you get it out and just transfer in small amounts when you need it. They won't notice your underage until you get a large amount it seems, like $300 and up.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
It does suck, yeah. I'm older than 18, though, and Paypal has been kind to me. I don't keep money in there anyway, I just transfer it in from my account when I want to buy something, much like you did.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Why would you ever put you're under 18 for paypal? I had my paypal since 15 and I put 18 when I made it. No locks whatsoever, and I've had up around $4000 at one point. Just call them and dont hang up till you get what you want. Dont. Hang. Up. Be a total dick, scream, talk to their manager, etc. Rawr.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Amgroma said:
Why would you ever put you're under 18 for paypal? I had my paypal since 15 and I put 18 when I made it. No locks whatsoever, and I've had up around $4000 at one point. Just call them and dont hang up till you get what you want. Dont. Hang. Up. Be a total dick, scream, talk to their manager, etc. Rawr.

this. works. ive seen my dad get pissed at people ripping you off like this, and they usually give you what you want if youre persistent. just have confidence lol

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I just dont put money on my paypal, i just use it for secure transactions from my debit to wherever im buying at, if they lock the account its not as if i had any money actual on it anyway.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
jwplayer0 said:
I just dont put money on my paypal, i just use it for secure transactions from my debit to wherever im buying at, if they lock the account its not as if i had any money actual on it anyway.

Yea Since I got a job, I just had all my money straight transfered to my bank account. If they lock my account, they dont have shit. It's all in my bank account.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Nah it's pretty solid, not getting around it. Just gonna wait till they decide to let me withdraw some and take it out in the small amount they let you withdraw at a time

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
wolfgang784 said:
Nah it's pretty solid, not getting around it. Just gonna wait till they decide to let me withdraw some and take it out in the small amount they let you withdraw at a time

Or just call them and scream till they give it back. Be a man. You're just going to let them throw you around like that? Make them feel like shit. Get your way. Roooar.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
wolfgang784 said:

4684585794_df99d47a64.jpg