• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Past Classes, and major changes to them

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
I have heard about some classes that came before, I was unfortunate to not be able to play HC until this map, I would like to know the old classes, how they were before modern changes, etc.
Consider this a place to release your nostalgia, and reminisce of the "Good ol' days" A list of their skills, or even a few would be great, some cool things about them. Epic battles/events, the faces of sad when they were removed, anything. I really want to learn about the past of HC :)

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Once upon a time there was a class called Geomancer. It was bacically a terrible wizard, however one day it got a skill called firewave and could one shot any class (dealing over 10000 damage if it was cast while on the same block as another player). In one of the big pvp tournament, a geomancer ended up helping his team win by taking out some of the dominating forces with the click of a button! That tournament caused alot of uproar, but it was fun non the less.

Arturec

Soulsand
Beastmaster was once a class, it had Root and their dogs were actually good. It ended a while ago though... :(

Arturec

Soulsand
Yes, and it was epic. Once I got rooted and he got 3 wolves on me while he used his axe to just destroy me.

(It was like a ranger, but with more wolves and less arrows, and his axe did more)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thief - merged into Ninja
Beastmaster - was redundant, Ranger absorbed it (May be back as BeastLord)
Geomancer - semi-redundant, Pyromancer opened up after the awesome DarkSouls game came out
Druid - merged into Mystic - largely the same though, may return as Druid, unsure.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Geomancer - semi-redundant, Pyromancer opened up after the awesome DarkSouls game came out
Druid - merged into Mystic - largely the same though, may return as Druid, unsure.

Awesome to know

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
BeastLord! :eek:
Do want! :notch:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Once upon a time there was a class called Geomancer. It was bacically a terrible wizard, however one day it got a skill called firewave and could one shot any class (dealing over 10000 damage if it was cast while on the same block as another player). In one of the big pvp tournament, a geomancer ended up helping his team win by taking out some of the dominating forces with the click of a button! That tournament caused alot of uproar, but it was fun non the less.
I think you mean "Once upon a time there was a godmode class called Geomancer that was insanely OP because of 5 sec stun with Deepfreeze that also shattered to deal damage upon fireball impact. This class snowballed all classes except rogue untill it got Firewave which made them able to kill anything including Zo"

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I think you mean "Once upon a time there was a godmode class called Geomancer that was insanely OP because of 5 sec stun with Deepfreeze that also shattered to deal damage upon fireball impact. This class snowballed all classes except rogue untill it got Firewave which made them able to kill anything including Zo"
That was for a few weeks in Dragon. In zeal it was a terrible wreck (compared to wizard), and just before it got firewave it was terrible. Deepfreeze no longer did damage, it had a 7 block range and 2 second warmup. Not only that but the fireball only hit about 50 extra damage (this is after it was changed). Icy aura was also removed.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

I respectfully disagree.

Rangers are like this:

Beastmaster was like this:

(if you will only watch a little bit of this video, skip to 5 minutes in)

That's why Beastmaster will always be my preferred Spec! If it ever returns, that is what I will be.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!

Geo was OP way before Firewave, remember the Deepfreeze/Fireball combo? Incredibly OP.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Samurai one with speed 3 :'(...
I think it was called inversion which let sammys deal damage to mana based classes which was determind by how much mana the target had lost, although I prefered the skills which replaced it, it was a really good skill.