• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Passives suggestion

Should more passives be implemented?

• Total voters

biowaier

TNT
In my opinion passives are the backbones of RPG. Blocks are implemented in Herocraft, so I'm pretty sure the ones I have in mind are possible. No attacks, no weird impossible suggestions, just passives that help increase survival. Especially since the Mob rate and zombie view distance were increased.

EX:

All Rogues: Dodge chance: (Reduces damage completely /reduces damage) which gets higher for the level. Its increased further if the attack is ranged.
Maybe .5%?

All Warriors: Block/Parry chance: Same as Rogue, except increased further if the attack is melee.

All Casters: Arcane knowledge: Knowledge in arcane enables the user to have a small chance of reducing magical damage. .5% chance?

All Healers: Increased healing from low-level skills. (Bandage maybe) Higher levels like Reborn do not improve.
.5% Chance?

Hopefully its not too OP. Just a thought that came across my mind.
Keep rude comments to yourself.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I've always hated skills like these, and here's why:

This Scenario is far from likely, but it gets the message across.
Let's assume you and I duel 100 times, and we both do the EXACT same thing each time. Like a deja vu of the same duel repeating itself over and over again. In Herocraft's current state, I would come out alive with 1 heart EVERY time. Your view after the fight would be "shit... so close, what do I need to do differently to kill him?"

If what your suggestion gets implemented, no matter how small the chance or how small the number, you'll end up winning sometimes out of 100. After the fights where you win, you'll think that your game plan was sufficient enough since you won the fight. In all actuality, you're still making the same mistakes and you're still just a bit of a worse player compared to me. It's not fair on you to give you a false sense of victory when you just got lucky with passives, and it's certainly not fair for me losing to someone who shouldn't have won in the first place.

Things like this gives bad players a chance of beating good players, and it also gives good players a chance to kill bad players quicker than they would have.

Do
Not
Want

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
But wouldn't you also have passives? You can't make a comparison where you are on unequal footing. If you where both the same class and level, you would average at 50/50. But, if you are more skilled, you would win every time. Now if passives where implemented, you would have the EXACT same chance of it activating meaning that the only time they would win is if they are lucky.

Anyway, Kainzo is thinking about doing this already. The difference is that such passives would heavily rely on attributes. If you want to think of passives, I say we think more along the lines of disciples "Fist of Jin." Attribute passives could be base specific, while every class has a unique passive.