• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Online staff thingy

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
So I just had a thought. There has been quite a few times where I've seen in chat people asking if there are any mods online or whatever, looking for someone who can answer their question/help them out with something.

My idea is to somehow incorporate something so they dont have to ask 5 times in chat before they get an answer.

My first thought was to have staff prefixes on the tab player list, but that may be difficult with the amount of positions some people have.

So The next idea, which i think is actually better, is implement and advertise a command to see whose online from a group. For example /guides gives a list of all online guides.

I don't know if this would be difficult to implement or if it were would it just be annoying (because i know some people are just gonna find the admins and spam them with questions instead of the guides or whatever) but thats my idea.

Any thoughts?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Best way to find staff is to check hc.to/irc
Most of us are in there or can be easily reached once in there.

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
Best way to find staff is to check hc.to/irc
Most of us are in there or can be easily reached once in there.
Yeah, I was thinking more the newbies so they can ask questions directly if they wanted, there are some people for whatever reason who are too timid to use public channels at times :p so it would be for them and everyone else to find guides for the most part I would think.

JacobBurkey

Portal
Would it be alright to tell people they can do /ch who whatevertheguidechat is? So they can find guides should they need a question answered privately?
1. There is no guide channel
2. /ch h if a player needs to ask for help
3. when a guide responds asking what you need help with
4. player messages said guide to ask for help privately

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
pst, you can also get around vanish by inviting them to a party if they are actually on the same server as you :p