• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ninja: The Worst Class in all of HeroCraft, but why?

Calovichi

Legacy Supporter 5
OK so I started HeroCraft 2-3 weeks ago and I found out there was a ninja class. "I am going to be a ninja and be a bad***" I thought. After long hours of grinding mob I now have a level 60 ninja. But for being "Those rogues who wish a silent death on their targets are Ninjas. Sneaking by with poisoned blades, they use the element of surprise to catch their prey off-guard and kill quickly. Some Ninjas are rumored to be able to hide in plain sight, unseen by anyone until it is much too late, for once you hear the whistling of their blade, you are already dead." I did not get what I was lead on to believe they were. First lets take a look at the skills of the ninja.

-Sneak- OK nice, you can run and sneak at the same time.

-Kick- Under powered. 67 Dam and a 2.5 sec silence. The only good thing is the silence. All other classes, (caster Dam 100, Warrior Dam 89+, Healer Dam 100) have a higher Dam then kick. Furthermore kick does not even evolve when you level. Warrior level 60 will have 6 more dam for a total of 95 dam on their level 5 skill. Ninja does not get a skill with over 95 Dam till level 45.

-Envenom- poison your enemy for 6 sec dealing 19 dam every 2 sec. a total of 57 dam. under powered. Ninja gets this as a level 15 Rogue. Bash is a level 5 warrior skill and it almost does double at level 60 warrior.

-Fade- This one is a favorite... when it is pitch dark out. When do I need this most? In the heat of battle so I can catch a break, but when is the last time you fought in a dark city or town. I have not.

-Blackjack- a Stun great. This cannot go wrong, but wait let's see. 7.5% chance of happening. I have not even seen the effect of this skill. Then the stun is for 0.7 sec. It took me longer to type "sec" then this skills duration.

-Energize- This is the most useful skill. No thing bad here just a normal trade of mana or stamina. 10 stamina (half bar). Then again, wizard give 1 mana to gain all their mana back.
Yes stamina regenarates faster than stamia, but in the heat of battle which if more useful? Full stamia or half stamia. Wizards get full why not ninja?

-Tumble- prevent fall damage is great but it is no difference then dragoon or "preventing all fall damage" spells that some casters have.

-Back flip- You flip backward sometimes. the other times you have lag between he server and you and then that back flip turns into a rubber banding fest. Can you use this in combat. Sure if you want to get away for 3/4 of a sec, Back flip and you will fly away and soon after you will be getting attacked by any normal sprinting player.

-EscapeArtist- So last time I checked samurai were not faster or more agile that ninjas but still they get to have bonus speed when ever they want? How is the ever role like? I thouht this was an RPG role playing game, samurai are tanks ninja have speed not the other way around. None the less, Great skill till you see that samurai has wind-walk and can run faster ANYTIME and they also have Impermanence to negate slows. Furthermore the 2 min cool down is way too much. I ninja should be able to escape right so when I escape from a wizards root and then get hit be their ice bolt and get slow I am just out of luck for 2 min. At least the skill would prevent slow for a period of time and not just once.

-Thievery- This skill is why I choose the sneaky ninja. but wait not a skill any more.

-Eviscerate- 201 max dam instantly for the price of half my stamina. OK. just OK. Look at Bolt on the wizard. 3 Times the range and even more dam (236 max dam) and a 12 SEC COOL DOWN. eviscerate is 30 sec. what is up with that. Add Bolt is only 1/4 of a caster's mana. eviscerate is 1/2 stamina.

-Smoke-This one does what is says invisible for 10 sec with a cool down of 5 MIN! So first off to one be close enough to use this skill and stay invisible to move behind the other player is extremely challenging and over all. Way too hard. Ninja's are fast and invisible. 10 sec of invisible does no one any good at all.

-Blitz- Same boat as eviscerate but worse. This comes at level 55 and wizard all right has 2 ro 3 just as good skills with faster cool downs.

-Back stab- the best combat skill ever til you find out that people will take one hit to the back and then they are on you and you can not get that double dam form a back shot.

Last the ninja can not take any damage at all. They get a tiny 32% dam reduction. this is justified if you want to say that ninja is a mobile class but then I am going to tell you Dragoon has even more mobility than ninja but DOUBLE the Armour. When was the last time you saw a man in FULL Armour jump higher and further than a ninja? I have not.

Furthermore the Dam on the sword is the best but not by far. The samurai has 91 max dam and ninja has 106 max dam. Sure 15 more dam is a clear winner over samurai but samurai gets 20%more armor so in the end max ninja and samurai going at it would deal (ninja 50.8 dam) and (samurai 61.88 dam). A samurai really deals 10 more damage to a ninja via ninja's dam to a samurai.

Something most be done to balance the ninja class other wise it is a class that can not be play as on this server unless you want to kill people of super lower level then you and the ninja get a major jump on that victim.

Lycangod55

Gold
What do you expect? Ninja is a skill class it's hard to control bind skills even though it's weak but come on Now these days ninjas only run on there feet There not that strong and powerful and classy similair to. "Tenchu I Or II"

macura

Diamond
I am sorry to inform you that you are either bad/are playing the class wrong because ninja is fine atm.

ThexSilverHD

Stone
I have to agree with macura on this. Yesterday a level 60 ninja easily just 3 shotted me when it came from the back and used it's combo's right. I think your just playing ninja a bit wrong.

globjako2

ICE ICE ICE!
What are you saying? I felt that ninja was the coolest class. You get freaking backflip and backstab!
You're being chased? Backflip and bash that sucker from behind! Ninjas have the best skills and fit in well with the lore. I see no problem.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

As a wizard or any other class that doesn't use stamina you can do so much more with your mana then stamina ninjas samurais and dragoons are so dependent on stamina. Samurais are lucky tho because they make up with for using stamina by just redotting the person with one bleed after it goes down which by that time they could of used their berserker and have almost full stamina by the time they redot. Kind of sucks that a jump and then a tremor or superjump equals 1 stamina left for a dragoon...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As a wizard or any other class that doesn't use stamina you can do so much more with your mana then stamina ninjas samurais and dragoons are so dependent on stamina. Samurais are lucky tho because they make up with for using stamina by just redotting the person with one bleed after it goes down which by that time they could of used their berserker and have almost full stamina by the time they redot. Kind of sucks that a jump and then a tremor or superjump equals 1 stamina left for a dragoon...
It regens 5 to 10 times faster than mana - I dont see the issue...

OysterbOy

Coal
the funny thing is, bard uses both(way more than when i masted) and its honestly 4 skills and im out of stamina, i think all of the classes need a rework on all of there skills but more on topic..

so ninja gets a skill that helps them break free from all slows right? well its kind of funny when ever i needed to use the skill i had no stamina. so i had to use another skill to use that skill, but lets say i pull off a combo and then i energize then i backflip a few times then BAM a class that has a slow appears and slows me now what? i have no stamina AND i cant use energize so im stuck here waiting for X seconds so can run after this person.

tl;dr ninja uses way to much stamina(so does dragoon/paladin/bard)

Calovichi

Legacy Supporter 5
Regardless of the fact that my experience as a ninja is minimal. The skills themselves not my skills. are under powered and complete different compare to other classes skills. The prime example is EscapeArtist. Why do samurai get the speed boost when ever they want. They do not need to be slowed or rooted when ever. Then samurai also get the escape slow skill too. So they get what we have just without the slow or trap requirement. How is that balanced?
Most of ninja skills are like that.

Another example is samurai's cleaver skill. 1.5 times sword damage. sounds a lot like back stab but wait they can do the skill from any angle they want every 6 sec. Ninja may get one two back stabs max while samurai can cleaver all day long.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
You have little experience, and it not only affects your skill, but also your perception of balance. Understand that Samurai does not have Sneak, Smoke, or Fade. Samurai also doesn't have any nukes like Eviscerate or Blitz (Cleave is the closest thing to a nuke that Samurai has). Furthermore, understand that Cleave has a high stamina cost, and Samurai doesn't have the nifty Energize skill like Ninja does. Also - Backstab is a passive skill and doesn't have a stamina cost ;)

In summary, you need to understand that your experience level is severely affecting your perception and ability as a Ninja.

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
Actually you cant 1 v 1 as ninja , you just need to ambush your opponents , stop blaming stamina thing you got energize and best ninja's can kill every target unless its pala or dk.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Yea but its kind of retarded how a wizard has enough mana to do bolt fireball and fireblast and then can use replish. If that's how it is then I think classes with stamina usages should reiceve the diamond 20% thing or else we are just getting nerfed even harder and I want to be able to play a dragoon just because of getting into people's bases

Calovichi

Legacy Supporter 5
You have little experience, and it not only affects your skill, but also your perception of balance. Understand that Samurai does not have Sneak, Smoke, or Fade. Samurai also doesn't have any nukes like Eviscerate or Blitz (Cleave is the closest thing to a nuke that Samurai has). Furthermore, understand that Cleave has a high stamina cost, and Samurai doesn't have the nifty Energize skill like Ninja does. Also - Back stab is a passive skill and doesn't have a stamina cost ;)

In summary, you need to understand that your experience level is severely affecting your perception and ability as a Ninja.

First off blitz is useless in a fight against a player. To explain Minecraft players walk at 4.3 m/sec and sprint at 5.6m/sec. blitz takes 1 sec to charge. if you try to use it the player can easily walk up to you and hit you before you can get the blitz off. Second fade can only be use in light level of 8 or lower. when was the last time you fought in an extremely poorly lit room? useless. Now back stab, you are right passive but only from the back and if you are sneaking. Cleave is any time any where. And do not go on to say "just back flip over the player and stab him in the back". If you are chasing me and I back flip you have to be the worst pvp-er to not turn around and pervent the back stab from ever coming into effect.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
First off blitz is useless in a fight against a player. To explain Minecraft players walk at 4.3 m/sec and sprint at 5.6m/sec. blitz takes 1 sec to charge. if you try to use it the player can easily walk up to you and hit you before you can get the blitz off. Second fade can only be use in light level of 8 or lower. when was the last time you fought in an extremely poorly lit room? useless. Now back stab, you are right passive but only from the back and if you are sneaking. Cleave is any time any where. And do not go on to say "just back flip over the player and stab him in the back". If you are chasing me and I back flip you have to be the worst pvp-er to not turn around and pervent the back stab from ever coming into effect.

Blitz is wonderful, ever had a samurai bladegrasping? You can't hit him with basic attacks, but bolt can still hit him.

Calovichi

Legacy Supporter 5
what777 blitz would be wonderful only if the samurai bladegrasped you and then stood within 5 blocks and did not hit you at all. never going to happen. But if you did mean bolt then sure if you are a wizard but I am talking about ninja.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
kdog8936 Honestly, you should either stop complaining about Ninja's skills being too "underpowered and useless", or play a class that requires less skill, as you clearly cannot handle being a Ninja. Ninja is a good class, you just don't know how to play it.