• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Update! 1.62

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
Well, looks like Kainzo called this one.

Logged in this morning at 5:35AM Central...

Updated Minecraft .jar to 1.62

Kain tried to warn me... now ive gotta go find my old .jar file... :icon_cry:

Heres a list of the updated stuff:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/5775170768/the-changelist-for-1-6

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Tall grass?! Does that mean we'll get to fight pokemon now? Either that or we can finally start making golf courses.

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
There's problem after problem right now Notch doesnt test his updates before he releases them. Apparently a HUGE cpu bug with linux servers if the host logs on. Then with every bug fix he adds 10 new bugs! Think we need Jeb back on minecraft.......

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
we are already at the 4th bug fix for 1.6, just wait a day or two to try it ^^

for myself, i only update when herocraft does

Afro7897

Legacy Supporter 5
dustger89 said:
Then with every bug fix he adds 10 new bugs! Think we need Jeb back on minecraft.......

at least he fixed something he didn't have to allow us to play a game still in development... I admit more people on the job would be nice though.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
You can complain about new bugs all you want but honestly from the change log alone, it looks like notch actually tried to fix as many of the bugs that were in past versions as he could find. And one of the reasons new bugs are not found at first is because people complain about how long updates take until he just goes ahead and releases it.

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
Neo_Exdeath said:
You can complain about new bugs all you want but honestly from the change log alone, it looks like notch actually tried to fix as many of the bugs that were in past versions as he could find. And one of the reasons new bugs are not found at first is because people complain about how long updates take until he just goes ahead and releases it.

Yeah his main purpose for 1.6 was bug fixes I know, it was funny when he finally saw the minepedia page for the changelog and all those listed bugs. But as for all the new bugs, you can tell he didnt even test the update. You can put almost anything into a furnace now and it pumps a little heat, and there are tools breaking in one hit if u drop them first. Meh nothing a couple days cant fix tho. The new trap doors are so worth it tho, those things are amazing gonna be able to have so much more tricks with them.

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
Punisher79 said:

Don't you have the Minecraft launcher? It asks you whether or not you want to update.

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
Nuin said:
Punisher79 said:

Don't you have the Minecraft launcher? It asks you whether or not you want to update.

I back everything up. lol, no worries. :icon_mrgreen:

Gwawr

Stone
Release early. Release often.

I like this idea of exploding beds.

*wanders off*

smilies_msn_zorrito-28.gif

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
carmeops said:
for myself, i only update when herocraft does

Hear hear. I have no reason to update for anything else. That's why I keep the latest copy of Neo's Mod Pack with me at all times, so I can always roll back.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I was going to ask the guy on minecraftforums, but their buddying up with Curse is locking me out...

So, I'll put it here. My texture pack (a 16x16) updated for b1.6, and although I'm not updating yet it has some nice changes to it. I tried using MCPatcher 1.1.12_02 to stick the new pack in, but there's no change. #HelpMePlease

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
1.6.6 update notes:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Patch_History

Bonemeal can grow tall grass and flowers on grass blocks.
Added Performance in Video Settings, Options Menu. Can be set to Max FPS, Balanced or Power saver.
Changed the material of glowstone from “glass” to “stone”. This means you need a pickaxe to get resources from it.
Made Glowstone drop more loot (Up to 4 Glowstone Dust).
Made the recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks smaller (2x2 instead of 3x3).

Bug Fixes:

Fixed Beds not working very well at all in SMP.
Fixed destroying a Boat spawning the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground.
Boats float up to the surface quicker.
Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum very fast.

New Bugs:

Crashing a boat into ground while riding it doesn't destroy the boat, even in full speed. (is this a bug?)
When putting torches all around a bed in SSP, you will not sleep until daytime.
If Nether Portal is built at or near sky level it can cause SMP to crash
When placing items in a furnace, dragged item is showed under the placed one.
Mobs still don't despawn from chunks you are no longer in. (SMP Fix)

Also, looks like 1.7 is going to include the new adventure mode:

http://notch.tumblr.com/