• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Support Class Idea- The Tinker

Ultanian

Portal
Role:
The Tinker's role during combat is to provide a distraction that keeps both the enemy preoccupied and allies supported. Damage output is particularly low considering the Tinker's main form of damage comes from the Mechs they construct. As they level up, their Mechs become stronger and have more utility.

Lore:
Tinkers prefer to keep to themselves, tending their contraptions of steel and iron. When threatened, however, these mechanics will call upon their constructs to serve and aid them during battle. When you see a Mech, there is always a Tinker nearby, watching from afar.

Skills:

Level 1: ConstructMech- You construct a Mech(Iron Golem) at your location. Limit of 1. Deals 100 damage per hit and has 400 health. Destroyed after 120 seconds. Warmup of 10 seconds.

Level 4: ArmorPlating- Your Mechs now have an additional 200 max health.

Level 9: WeakShielding- Your target now has a shield that absorbs 50 damage from the next incoming attack. Breaks on first use. Cannot be used on self.

Level 16: RegenerativeCore- Your Mechs now slowly regenerate health, 6 per second.

Level 20: EmergancyCoolant- Freeze an enemy by rooting them for 2 seconds, then applying a slow for 5 seconds.

Level 27: HeavyShielding- Your target now has a shield that absorbs 125 damage from the next incoming attack. Breaks on first use. Cannot be used on self.

Level 33: HealbotAddon- Allies within 10 blocks of a Mech are healed 40 health every 5 seconds.

Level 39: DrawPower- Steal 200 mana from an enemy and convert it into health for your Mechs.

Level 45: Overcharged- Allies within 10 blocks of a Mech are given 50 mana every 5 seconds.

Level 50: Detonate- Destroy your Mechs and deal 250 damage to enemies near it.

Level 55: Pilot- You can ride the minecart on top of a Mech. While inside the minecart, you are invulnerbale to damage but cannot use skills. The minecart is destroyed if the Mech is destroyed.

Level 60: MechMastery- You now can have 2 Mechs at a time. Warmup increased to 15 seconds.

That's the Tinker class. I had a blast thinking of skills, let me know what you think of it's skills! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
I really really like it :)

I feel the game lacks a class like this!

However I can see some skills with could be abused and become overpowered

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I really like how creative it is but it feels a little too much like a shaman. Mech = Walking totem with HP.

Ultanian

Portal
I really like how creative it is but it feels a little too much like a shaman. Mech = Walking totem with HP.
Essentially, that's what this is but the key difference is that the Tinker is almost nothing without his Mech, which makes it a key priority to kill in combat.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Essentially, that's what this is but the key difference is that the Tinker is almost nothing without his Mech, which makes it a key priority to kill in combat.

Thoughts;

+Depending on if the shaman's skill set gets changed would sway my decision (this is pretty much a very very good rework of the shaman with a very nice twist) (this in, shamans role reworked?)
+if the TPS is low, it would heavily effect the golem and the class overall because of how dependant it is on the golem working fine
+very good build/ suggestion

I think that's everything I've got to say?

The one thing I have to say is a 10 second warm up for their only * combat * skill seems a bit long. Catch one of these guys off guard and their is a good chance you win, maybe have the warm up decrease with lv?
Edit: I guess you could emergency coolant and run?

Last edited:

Ultanian

Portal
The one thing I have to say is a 10 second warm up for their only * combat * skill seems a bit long. Catch one of these guys off guard and their is a good chance you win, maybe have the warm up decrease with lv?
Edit: I guess you could emergency coolant and run?
The idea behind this long warmup is that, where a tinker has to run away from battle before constructing more. Lore-wise it woud take a little bit more time to cast since he's building a machine :p

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
That's more damage then a Ninja, Whoever disagreed with me clearly doesn't pvp, This would shred squishies and the mechs would be hard to kill due to having 600ish health with healing and extra shields. I guess the idea is pretty cool but your trying to make this class way to overpowerd.

The idea behind this long warmup is that, where a tinker has to run away from battle before constructing more. Lore-wise it woud take a little bit more time to cast since he's building a machine :p
I think you might have missed my point: in a pvp fight with little or no prep time. If lets say a thinker saw a ninja backfliping towards him he would have 10 seconds of warm up before he was ready to *fight* and with only 2 minutes of life they (golems) would be hard to keep alive all the time.
That's more damage then a Ninja, Whoever disagreed with me clearly doesn't pvp, This would shred squishies and the mechs would be hard to kill due to having 600ish health with healing and extra shields. I guess the idea is pretty cool but your trying to make this class way to overpowerd.
That was me. Hi. The reason: they are iron golems they do not have a great API and have no range even if you were meele fighter then back up a bit and run around them and kill the thinker problem sloved. Yes they would have high hp and dps but they are mobs and i am guessing would die if the tinker is killed? Not really good with lore but if they do live what do you have to gain from fighting them run away.
-c

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Firstly WHAT? Secondly the whole point of totems is that they are stationary. Making them move changes everything.
You do know that iron golems attack REALLY slowly?

Northac

Obsidian
I think this is kinda cool. would love to play as one. issue is;

- Are mats needed to make the mech? if so, what are they?

- Since its using the iron golem idea, are we disabling normal golems?

- Iron golems do not attack creepers, could this be coded out for these?

- how about a second ranged golem (snowman build) low attack (keep it a sane amount for range) to help with range, and again only one at a time
(build either an iron or snow), maybe make the snow (ranged) one stationary with short range?

- What commands would make the mech attack? Would it be a set of different binds like: build mech, (target someone/thing) order attack?

While this would be a fun class (I think) we need to hammer this out before it can be made (which I kind of hope is at least considered), else the devs are going to be left to have to make up all this stuff.

I do really like the skill list though, does fit along with the idea that the tinker needs his mech up to fight.

"weapon" idea = Remote control (iron bar) does X melee dmg (small amount)

- Are mats needed to make the mech? if so, what are they?

i think not it is the main skill of a thinker and adding mats would just slow people down
- Since its using the iron golem idea, are we disabling normal golems?
Having small coding skill i think you could just copy the code and make a new mob. Could any one with real coding skills please weigh in on this?
- Iron golems do not attack creepers, could this be coded out for these?
Very easily in other versions they could so should be easy. Again could someone with coding skill weigh in?
- how about a second ranged golem (snowman build) low attack (keep it a sane amount for range) to help with range, and again only one at a time
(build either an iron or snow), maybe make the snow (ranged) one stationary with short range?
This i think this is too much let the thinker be melee and be done with it, maybe for teir 2 but would want to see other teir 2's before then.
- What commands would make the mech attack? Would it be a set of different binds like: build mech, (target someone/thing) order attack?
Hmmm, well mobs would be automatic (hopfully) but player well i guess wolf API might work. If the thinker is hit the goloms move or if he hits something they move.

"weapon" idea = Remote control (iron bar) does X melee dmg (small amount)
well i think the melee damage would be lowbut naming items seems to much maybe an iron bar but if i was a thinker i'd use a fishing rod to help the mechs. i don't think we should bother with weapons as they are not the focus of the class and could just be sh*t and no one would care.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Firstly WHAT? Secondly the whole point of totems is that they are stationary. Making them move changes everything.

I disagree, if using the standard golem movement speed there won't be that much diffrence between a golem walking to their target and a shaman recalling thier previous totem and placing another. When using entities like this too, you'd have to take into account how the servers TPS effects them (low TPS = very slow reacting golems and movement speed).

I agree that this class would be better suited in attacking while shaman would be better suited in defending, but this would be the only way I see it being implemented (maybe adding a sieging skill) assuming the golems work as intended.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

I guess, but tbh it still has a lot of damage and a root + slow would make the Mechs have time to get to you, also I (correct me if im wrong) have been told mobs ignore the invuln timers that trigger when hit, lastly this class would just be to good with any class with any form of stun.