• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Landmarks and Landscape

_AMPLiFY

Legacy Supporter 4
I think something that would make our current map better and maybe future worlds (sky, warshard, etc...) would be the addition of new physical features. Like the 7 wonders of Dragongarde so to say.

These could include huge mountain ranges, waterfalls, volcanoes, valleys, and so much more. The possibilities are endless.

These landmarks/ natural wonders (call them what you wish) would be outside spawn in the wild, and spread across the map. Players could go out adventuring to see them and possibly settle around them. Maybe there could even be little secrets around them.

I believe this would bring some nice new aspects to our map and would be another thing Herocrat could show off.

Tell me what you think :)
AMP

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
I have been on another map where they designed custom biomes for their map.

Some areas were very hazardous with lava towers and obsidian everywhere.. others where ice mountain ranges.. it was epic..

Trp[

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Voxel sniper is a shit plugin, WorldEdit beats it hand down

I consider "talented Voxel snipers" to cover all people who can handle a plugin, such as VS or WE with a great enough ability to make something that looks good.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Having originally been a Sniper on the server that made VoxelSniper, I say that the WorldEdit brush tool is better.

I did a series of videos on Terraforming with the two plugins, I deleted them some time ago.

Would [Architect] titles be considered for talented Sniping dedicated to working on the server's terrain?

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
What? make random structures around Herocraft?

Challenge Accepted!

Not enough challenge. Need moar challange.

But being realistic, even if we do make some amazing landscapes, what happens when some random player(s) comes over and takes a shyt all over the hard work we put into it? Perhaps we could snapshot, with worldedit, the work we do so we can copy-paist when the world resets or something? I don't know. We could have a build dev. crew to make new builds and randomly scatter them across the landscape, and fill them with goodies for people when the find them, like a player-made stronghold or something.

agentjwall

Godly
Not enough challenge. Need moar challange.

But being realistic, even if we do make some amazing landscapes, what happens when some random player(s) comes over and takes a shyt all over the hard work we put into it? Perhaps we could snapshot, with worldedit, the work we do so we can copy-paist when the world resets or something? I don't know. We could have a build dev. crew to make new builds and randomly scatter them across the landscape, and fill them with goodies for people when the find them, like a player-made stronghold or something.

--Griefing a structure made by another player is illegal. The player responsible will either be forced to repair it or it will be rolled-back so there is no threat of it being destroyed.

--When the map resets Kainzo could transport structures if he felt inclined to do so but I think that it would be more interesting to build new ones. Just like it would be boring if there was a great pyramid or an Eiffel Tower in every country, it would be boring to have the same old landmarks every map-wipe. That's why we didn't just copy/paste Zeal onto the new map for spawn. Diversity is key!

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
No one can steal my idea, but I'm building a moon in 1.2 after I finish my submarine.

agentjwall

Godly
No one can steal my idea, but I'm building a moon in 1.2 after I finish my submarine.

I used to build submarines all the time back in the day! You'll have to give me a tour once it's done...
/Nostalgia

Ad Rem: I have a bucket-list overflowing with crazy things to make but I need to finish Lorien first ^^'

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Did I mention the rocket containing the lift is 64 blocks tall and there is a satellite lift station near the moon.
I WILL control the sky.

P.S. There will be nukes on the moon and on my sub.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I am using the new height limit for one: A giant Orthanc-esque tower, large enough to fit my very large cathedral in its base,and
Two: Build a giant pyramid like the Great pyramid of Meereen from game of Thrones. I think it would be wonderful to see some wonders around.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
--Griefing a structure made by another player is illegal. The player responsible will either be forced to repair it or it will be rolled-back so there is no threat of it being destroyed.

--When the map resets Kainzo could transport structures if he felt inclined to do so but I think that it would be more interesting to build new ones. Just like it would be boring if there was a great pyramid or an Eiffel Tower in every country, it would be boring to have the same old landmarks every map-wipe. That's why we didn't just copy/paste Zeal onto the new map for spawn. Diversity is key!

The 'Builds' I was think was more along the lines of a Dynamic Landscape, such as amazing looking Mountains/Trees/ect that people could use... (those huge Voxel-Demo trees that people can make a city on or the interesting mountain landscapes).

But your right about the Copy/Paste Zeal, I love change, change is good, good is change, but copy and paisting would be things like, say, player made dungeons that we could paist to random, unpopulated areas in the world, and when people roam across them, they could go and loot the dungeon and convert it into a fort.