• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Berserker Skill

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
In my opinion, Warriors should be the second slowest archetype, right after Healers.

Dragoon definitely throws a wrench in that philosphy, but there's nothing wrong with exceptions to the rule provided there is good reasoning. However Berserker does not have a good reason to be mobile. I'd almost argue that giving you Lunge was too much. And, in case you did not know, the "targeting range" of that ability scales directly off of your strength...

There was a time before Haven Launch that Frenzy gave you Speed III. It was utterly retarded, to say the least. It was impossible for this class to lose. Even toning it down to Speed II felt overpowered to me, so I took it out alltogether.

I also have an issue with using the "Speed" effects on skills.

Speed I is too slow, and is barely noticable.
Speed II is decent, but is not always a game changer.
Speed III is a free win.
Speed IV+ is "LOL I'M THE FLASH. GET REKT NERDS."

They do not scale well, and it's a complete joke to apply them to abilities due to the fact that you can have alchemists make Speed II potions. Speed II potions also last much longer than any ability would, making them superior to all skills that would grant such effects. To make it even worse, using a skill that grants a "Speed" effect will actually REMOVE your potion buff. This is true even if you have a lower level of Speed.

Let's say you drink an 8:00 minute Speed I potion.
You use a new ability called GetRektNerds. This ability grants you 45 seconds of Speed IV.
For that 45 seconds, you will be a god.
After the effect wears off, you no longer have Speed IV, and your Speed I is no longer present either.

Now, because this ability gave you Speed IV, I can safely say it was "worth" wasting the potion to obtain it.
However, if the ability only granted you Speed II, or perhaps even Speed I as well, you would be really pissed about this situation.

It's a derp limitation set by Minecraft, and there's not much we can do about it. But any skill that grants effects, we have to consider the vanilla alternatives.

===
And besides, there's nothing stopping you from speccing into like 45-50ish strength, getting a strength buff from a Cleric, drinking a Speed II potion, and then jumping 300000 blocks to your target. Followed of course, by a quick mow down granted by your excess damage and speed.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Almost anyone who has played Berserker knows that chasing people can be a headache. Sure, Berserker has Lunge, which is a great skill (don't get me wrong), but what happens if you're not in range to use the skill? Berserker has little use for agility, so it is unlikely that you will have enough to catch anything by simply running.

What I am proposing is a skill that temporarily increases the Berserker's speed in order to finish someone off or get in range to Lunge and stun. Before you go straight to the comments to say that Berserker is already very strong (which I will agree that it is), first allow me to say that this will be no "WindWalk". What I mean by that is that it would be a bad idea to use this skill as an opener or to escape. Now, enough talking, on to the actual skill!

I have a few different names for this skill, my favorites being "Fury" and "Rage". What this skill would do is give you either speed III for 5 seconds or speed II for 10 seconds. I personally would prefer the former, because most people use speed II potions in teamfights, so it would't really get you anywhere. After this skill's duration ends, the Berserker will get slowness III or IV and mining fatigue IV for 5 seconds. I believe that the negative effects at the end will prevent people from using this skill as an easy escape or as an opener, as fighting with lots of slowness and mining fatigue would not be ideal.

Berserker uses Fury/Rage, gets within range and Lunges, Stuns, rips the enemy in half, then slowly walks away.

This skill would be very situation-based, and could make or break a fight. Thank you for taking the time to read this! Please only post serious feedback, I would like to not have a suggestion thread ridden with trolls and people who are bent on hating Berserker no matter what. :)

Strong damage class like zerker do not need more "sticking" skills.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The legions of unbanned exploiters have not found a way to dupe rare disciple weapons and turn them into Speed Pots yet?

*gasp*

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
The legions of unbanned exploiters have not found a way to dupe rare disciple weapons and turn them into Speed Pots yet?

*gasp*

They don't want to be banned again I guess, since they kept trying to play on here with alts. Doubt it'll be long before it starts again tho.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
off topic
There's a simple cauldron recipe for blaze rods... People who read the wiki have pots already