• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Need Suggestions on Audio Clips

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
This might not be the best place to post this, as I'm not making a suggestion but rather asking for suggestions. Good enough.

I'm going to be working on decking out macromod GUI to look, feel, and sound as much as I'm playing an RPG as possible (early stages are surprisingly looking good). My main need from you is suggestions on what audio clips to use for certain things. An example is as soon as recall is completed and I recalled to my position an audio plays of Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz saying "There's no place like home".

I underestimated the amount of audio clips needed just for 1 class on Herocraft. A lot of stuff carries over from class to class (everyone has Recall, for example). Specifically, I want audio clips for spells that Disciples have only. Please don't give me clips of anything other than what a Disciple has. I could just as easily record my voice saying "get smitten, nerd" but I want to get away from using my voice as much as possible since that would be AIDS.

Aside from all of that, audio clips are needed for events such as: being out of mana, dying to a skeleton, dying to a zombie, dying to a creeper, dying to fall damage (I've fallen and I can't get up lol), dying from fire, dying from drowning, killing a player, 5 killstreak, 10 kill streak, 20 kill streak, becoming a master disciple, learning a skill (won't list them all), and a bunch of other shit I can't think of.

I should also note that I plan on doing individual audio clips for when a skill becomes OFF cooldown. An example is if I use smite it'll say "get smitten, nerd"... I can continue to spam smite for 7 seconds and won't hear anything, but once smite is off cooldown it'll say something like "you can use smite once again"... Or is that too much?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: forgot to mention debuffs/interrupts. When I'm blinded, stunned, silenced, or have my warm-up interrupted I would like to know. Also audio to show I'm in combat.

Most importantly, none of these clips should be insanely long. 5 seconds would be pushing it. Short and sweet please!

Last edited:

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Wouldn't it sound kind of weird if you used all your skills and once ?
Not really, plus using all your skills at once is a poor use of mana management lol. Not to mention I believe there is either a .5 or 1 second global cooldown, meaning you can't use 10 skills all at the same time. Perhaps it would be smarter to limit each audio clip to 3 seconds instead of 5 though. Besides, sounds overlap all the time. In it's current state there's a bunch of fireworks and random Minecraft noises happening while in combat. The main purpose of adding sounds to skills and sounds to show a skill is off cooldown is because I want to know when I am able to use a skill without looking at a bar. In my Herocraft playing days I was notorious for spamming smite for example for 7 seconds even though I KNEW it would be on cooldown. Less clicking means less chance of carpel tunnel when I turn 30.

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
For off cd: navi saying "Hey! Listen!"
Edit- When you complete the GUI thing, would you mind making a tutorial post? I like this idea

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
For off cd: navi saying "Hey! Listen!"
Edit- When you complete the GUI thing, would you mind making a tutorial post? I like this idea

Wtf is navi? And what skill specifically for off cd?

And sure, I'll try to do a tutorial as best as I can