• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necro Soul thing

i think drain soul for necro should heal dependant upon your wisdom instead of just a flat rate, After all, wisdom is the healing aspect of magic.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Why does necro need a buff to their healing? Do you have any reasoning behind this besides "wisdom doesn't increase healing on necro omg"?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Why does necro need a buff to their healing? Do you have any reasoning behind this besides "wisdom doesn't increase healing on necro omg"?
Not really. I think he means why do necromancers get so much healing without much wisdom.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Are you ok? Never once did he ask for a buff/nerf for the class...

No, I'm not ok. It's irritating when people come up with suggestions for anything without any logical or factual backup for the changes suggested, except for "oh this sounds nice."

In regards to whether or not he actually suggested nerfs/buffs... He didn't actually say that specifically, but in order to implement what he's suggesting, several things would happen.

The heal is inadvertently increased by a Necromancer's intellect. In doing what he's suggesting and in order to maintain balance, the damage scaling of drainsoul would need to be nerfed, or the healing percentage of drainsoul would need to be nerfed. What this does to necromancers who don't stack any wisdom (which they really dont need to because of dark ritual) is reduce their damage and/or their healing. What this does to necromancers who DO stack wisdom (if you are you're mostly doing it wrong) is increase or put their healing to the point of what drainsoul is now or buff their drainsoul that it heals too much.

As you can see, this can cause many problems that are really not needed right now. Not to continually bash on crazy, but you really need to consider ALL of this before making these kinds of suggestions. Either get play experience or talk to people who know what they're doing with whatever class you're making suggestions for, or keep it off of the forums.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Not really. I think he means why do necromancers get so much healing without much wisdom.

Well, then he should point that out, but all I'm reading is "why doesn't healing increase on drainsoul with wisdom, it's a healing ability." Yeah, that makes sense per say, but it's not that black and white. One needs to consider balance and everything before saying that. Drain soul is not the only ability that doesn't benefit from an attribute that it would "make sense" to. And for good reason.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Ok as of right now it scales of int healing 120% of the damage it does. I propose the percent of healing starts at 100% and gains 1% per point of wisdom.

where did i say buff healing
Furthermore, do you even realize that this is a nerf to most Necromancers?
now its a nerf?
sorta
Ok as of right now it scales of int healing 120% of the damage it does. I propose the percent of healing starts at 100% and gains 1% per point of wisdom.
something like this
Well, then he should point that out, but all I'm reading is "why doesn't healing increase on drainsoul with wisdom, it's a healing ability." Yeah, that makes sense per say, but it's not that black and white. One needs to consider balance and everything before saying that. Drain soul is not the only ability that doesn't benefit from an attribute that it would "make sense" to. And for good reason.
explain this in detail plz. its a healing ability, should be affected by wis i think, never said only thing that should change.
No, I'm not ok. It's irritating when people come up with suggestions for anything without any logical or factual backup for the changes suggested, except for "oh this sounds nice."

In regards to whether or not he actually suggested nerfs/buffs... He didn't actually say that specifically, but in order to implement what he's suggesting, several things would happen.

The heal is inadvertently increased by a Necromancer's intellect. In doing what he's suggesting and in order to maintain balance, the damage scaling of drainsoul would need to be nerfed, or the healing percentage of drainsoul would need to be nerfed. What this does to necromancers who don't stack any wisdom (which they really dont need to because of dark ritual) is reduce their damage and/or their healing. What this does to necromancers who DO stack wisdom (if you are you're mostly doing it wrong) is increase or put their healing to the point of what drainsoul is now or buff their drainsoul that it heals too much.

As you can see, this can cause many problems that are really not needed right now. Not to continually bash on crazy, but you really need to consider ALL of this before making these kinds of suggestions. Either get play experience or talk to people who know what they're doing with whatever class you're making suggestions for, or keep it off of the forums.
1. this is logical, wis is the healing attributes no effect on heal?
2. it is already increased by intellect
3. why would the something need a nerf
4. i fail to under stand why surviving 3 more hits is healing too much
5. no i dont see the problems
6. pretty sure u are bashing...
7. i do consider this
8. why should i keep off forums, just dont click the thread then

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
fairly sure the reason it scales off of int is because the amount it heals is based off how much damage ur skill does, it actually doesn't scale off int, but the damage is which makes the heal go higher. and either way its not all that great of a healing or damage skill.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
where did i say buff healing

now its a nerf?

sorta

something like this

explain this in detail plz. its a healing ability, should be affected by wis i think, never said only thing that should change.

1. this is logical, wis is the healing attributes no effect on heal?
2. it is already increased by intellect
3. why would the something need a nerf
4. i fail to under stand why surviving 3 more hits is healing too much
5. no i dont see the problems
6. pretty sure u are bashing...
7. i do consider this
8. why should i keep off forums, just dont click the thread then

You need to learn how to read

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
fairly sure the reason it scales off of int is because the amount it heals is based off how much damage ur skill does, it actually doesn't scale off int, but the damage is which makes the heal go higher. and either way its not all that great of a healing or damage skill.
That is where my suggestion comes in.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
That is where my suggestion comes in.

But your suggestion is maybe increasing the heal by 10% for necros with 30 wisdom (which doesnt happen), but nerfing it for necromancers without wisdom by 20%, which I suspect is the current situation. That change doesn't help Necromancer, hence my rant earlier.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
But your suggestion is maybe increasing the heal by 10% for necros with 30 wisdom (which doesnt happen), but nerfing it for necromancers without wisdom by 20%, which I suspect is the current situation. That change doesn't help Necromancer, hence my rant earlier.
As a necro you need at least 20+ Wis to be effective in team fights. W/o the mana regen after your second combo you have zero mana and no effective mana regen to continue to try to do anything.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
As a necro you need at least 20+ Wis to be effective in team fights. W/o the mana regen after your second combo you have zero mana and no effective mana regen to continue to try to do anything.

Or you can run a build focused on dark ritual. My point still stands.

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
completely wrong, ive tested at least 10 different ways to play necro with attributes and only one of them puts my wisdom over 10 :p

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
completely wrong, ive tested at least 10 different ways to play necro with attributes and only one of them puts my wisdom over 10 :p

Fairly disgusting that a Necromancer needs such little mana regeneration when they're a class focused solely on mana.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Fairly disgusting that a Necromancer needs such little mana regeneration when they're a class focused solely on mana.

I don't think so. It's not like they get "free" mana. Their class' unique property is that they can sacrifice health for mana. That can be a pretty big tradeoff, but it allows the Necromancer to do his own thing when compared to other casters.