• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(my) Unofficial Herocraft class tier list (need help picking your first class??)

Plagiarizing

Stone
Let me say the information I'm going to post is only to this current date and all my opinion from pvping on a 1v1 and 2v2 scale basis this is information i received from the test server
S Tier- Samurai, Pyromancer, Beguiler, Paladin
A Tier- Ninja, Bard, Monk, Shadowknight, Ranger
B Tier-Dragoon, Wizard, Druid, Bloodmage, Runeblade
C Tier- Cleric, Necromancer

S Tier= Meta defining & great in solo and group pvp can perform well in most situations
A Tier= Still a solid pick yet not really meta defining, can still perform well in most situations just not as well as some of the S tier classes.
B Tier= Still a good pick yet will take time and management to perform well.
C Tier= Pick at your own risk

Updated 8/27 (Some of this is speculation as the test server was bugged once I am able to do more testing on this I will update the list accordingly remember this is just my opinion!)

Last edited:
I agree with S tier picks for sure.
For A tier, I dont know what the heck you were thinking when you placed dragoon there, no offense, it's not that high up at all imo
I definitely agree with Samurai and Ninja though, and I would say they could arguably even be A tier but I haven't thought about the logstics of that so can't say for sure. I have no idea about how Bard's balancing is rn. Everything else does feel a little eh for sure though.

Plagiarizing

Stone
I agree with S tier picks for sure.
For A tier, I dont know what the heck you were thinking when you placed dragoon there, no offense, it's not that high up at all imo
I definitely agree with Samurai and Ninja though, and I would say they could arguably even be A tier but I haven't thought about the logstics of that so can't say for sure. I have no idea about how Bard's balancing is rn. Everything else does feel a little eh for sure though.

1v1 my friend mortir on dragoon :) it isn't too bad. Has mobility, a slow, decent armor, and high wep dmg. Sadly enough heroes doesnt take out the fact you can combo players that's just minecraft pvp. Anything that has the chance to prevent a combo to do its own combo will dominate pvp hence, Pyro having its firedash, firenado, beguiler with its ridiculous amount of CC, or monk with barrier, The A tiers have their own ways to prevent it or start a combo it's just harder to pull off than the S tier classes.

1v1 my friend mortir on dragoon :) it isn't too bad. Has mobility, a slow, decent armor, and high wep dmg. Sadly enough heroes doesnt take out the fact you can combo players that's just minecraft pvp. Anything that has the chance to prevent a combo to do its own combo will dominate pvp hence, Pyro having its firedash, firenado, beguiler with its ridiculous amount of CC, or monk with barrier, The A tiers have their own ways to prevent it or start a combo it's just harder to pull off than the S tier classes.
Well now I know you're earl lul
Dragoon is not as bad as I thought but I still don't think it's on the same level as Samurai and Ninja
So maybe A- or B+

Plagiarizing

Stone
Like I said just my opinions here! from what i've tested. Dragoon has a lot of potential and is even better to do well with above ninja, ninja just being fun because of fade and smoke bomb and has some counter play abilities and is very hard to escape with shadowstep. im curious to how ninja would be with a slow infact possibly or maybe a poison or bleed to stop sprints a poison or bleed would probably do that class alot of justice as blackjack contains RNG and I know RNG is always a factor but kinda ruins counter playability against the class.

Plagiarizing

Stone
Wizard is only B tier, huh. Ranger went from low tier to A lollololololol I knew it.
Just my opinion man!, wizard seems to be the weaker link it's a mediocre solo class but its group potential has almost no value. & Yes Ranger is probably gonna sit at A tier due to the fact of missing shots will always render the class useless, ranger only strives if you can hit a vast majority of your arrows and even then its group potential will sit low because it doesn't have the burst that other classes have and it causes your teammate to meat shield for you when youre not the highest damage dealing class in the game. As far as ranged classes go Pyro and Beguiler are going to sit pretty high because of the burst they carry and the CC. Classes need to either be extremely bursty or extremely tanky or a mixture of both to strive with how the current meta looks. More balancing will come into play it's just the beta so until then this is what the list is looking like.

I'd like to see the support classes getting some bigger changes, Support classes should be pretty tanky or have CC, or have some sort of way of defending themselves.

Lmao you better have put dragoon in B tier tho lol

Piercing strike, 25 damage, yes

Also Leftclick against max armored paladins: "Lol"

And by the way I was agreeing that Ranger is actually good now, in case you thought I meant differently

Last edited:

Plagiarizing

Stone
Dragoon is good still just isn't the best against other melee, you've gotta take into consideration though it has great AOE it has great mobility it's team fight potential is crazy along with its solo play If you had a trident on dragoon with max armor no doubt in my mind you would crush on the test server everybody has the best gear so it's rough telling but on the live server it isn't going to be like that dragoon will perform better.

Good aoe? Wdym bruh, you look at those damage values and think that's good aoe? I mean for pve it's good enough but pvp? I guess for utility and controlling the setting sure but that's some low damage on it's own. And for 1v1 it don't matter, and its 2 main aoe skills are literally 30 second CD while tremor is better off 95% of the time as a disengage. Why would you wanna use tremor in any other situation unless their hp is so low you can finish enemies off? Like the point is you can stick to your enemy and combo them lol

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Good aoe? Wdym bruh, you look at those damage values and think that's good aoe? I mean for pve it's good enough but pvp? I guess for utility and controlling the setting sure but that's some low damage on it's own. And for 1v1 it don't matter, and its 2 main aoe skills are literally 30 second CD while tremor is better off 95% of the time as a disengage. Why would you wanna use tremor in any other situation unless their hp is so low you can finish enemies off? Like the point is you can stick to your enemy and combo them lol
The amount of tremor kills I have seen in the wild from guys like templar_james and other players in the past is way too much to count. It has a lot of use cases in different parts of the environment whether its a player build or a mountain. It can deal some ridiculous fall damage to people. I think it's a fantastic ability for the class personally.

The amount of tremor kills I have seen in the wild from guys like templar_james and other players in the past is way too much to count. It has a lot of use cases in different parts of the environment whether its a player build or a mountain. It can deal some ridiculous fall damage to people. I think it's a fantastic ability for the class personally.
Yeah, that's what I said though... just seems like repeating what I said with a slightly different lens, with all due respect. And I'd like to point out that the battle environment is never static and you hardly get to actually choose the setting in which combat takes place, realistically speaking, so "twisting the fate of the cosmos" if you will, so that you are able to use tremor in the perfect setting of high ground and stuff of that sort and kill someone via fall damage, doesn't seem practical to me, regardless of the statistics that you say (which is to say, that there is some sort of variable that neither of us have accounted for so far that has to do with your anecdote). Plus, I said this a lot before but classes in past aren't the same as they are now, as a general statement, and imo even small things make the difference pretty big. It's why moba games can have huge shifts in their metas over small changes in their balance patch notes over things like +5 movement speed, idk, just as an example. And action combat mmorpgs tend to be the same imo. Even the mechanical effects of tremor may or may not be the same; there's no way to guarantee that tremor's knockback in terms of height depth and length are the same as before (which is just one example), like how are you gonna test that? It's not like we have access to time travel to compare if dragoon is the same. Not to mention I'm pretty sure dragoon had more skills back then and things fluctuated a bit. I guess the real part in which we differ is how I think that practically speaking, tremor is more reliably, more consistently likely to, and more practically used as a disengage. How was my take? a bit off? Or maybe in a group fight, to scatter opponents while recklessly charging in (but frikkin casting times man. CASTING TIMES man. SO much room for the enemies to get free hits in)

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, that's what I said though... just seems like repeating what I said with a slightly different lens, with all due respect. And I'd like to point out that the battle environment is never static and you hardly get to actually choose the setting in which combat takes place, realistically speaking, so "twisting the fate of the cosmos" if you will, so that you are able to use tremor in the perfect setting of high ground and stuff of that sort and kill someone via fall damage, doesn't seem practical to me, regardless of the statistics that you say (which is to say, that there is some sort of variable that neither of us have accounted for so far that has to do with your anecdote). Plus, I said this a lot before but classes in past aren't the same as they are now, as a general statement, and imo even small things make the difference pretty big. It's why moba games can have huge shifts in their metas over small changes in their balance patch notes over things like +5 movement speed, idk, just as an example. And action combat mmorpgs tend to be the same imo. Even the mechanical effects of tremor may or may not be the same; there's no way to guarantee that tremor's knockback in terms of height depth and length are the same as before (which is just one example), like how are you gonna test that? It's not like we have access to time travel to compare if dragoon is the same. Not to mention I'm pretty sure dragoon had more skills back then and things fluctuated a bit. I guess the real part in which we differ is how I think that practically speaking, tremor is more reliably, more consistently likely to, and more practically used as a disengage. How was my take? a bit off? Or maybe in a group fight, to scatter opponents while recklessly charging in (but frikkin casting times man. CASTING TIMES man. SO much room for the enemies to get free hits in)
I agree with a few points in here, personally I was never a fan of the over saturation of warmups, there is way too many warmups in the game now in my opinion. I think a lot of the changes over the years was reactive to the hysteria of people complaining and now we have warmups everywhere and to me it doesn't particularly feel as fun for some classes and makes some classes feel a little bit clunky to play. You're completely right that years have passed and classes behave very differently, personally I don't know how some classes will perform post launch there's no way for us to test that. With the addition of the abilities being added back to the classes, each class has about the same number of abilities they have had in the past. There may have been 2-3 extra abilities on some classes but there were also classes where they had a handful of abilities that weren't used at all because they weren't ever worth using and didn't fit a keybind spot however that was a very very long time ago. So generally the current number of abilities on each class that we added very recently is about consistent to what the classes were in the past.

I agree with a few points in here, personally I was never a fan of the over saturation of warmups, there is way too many warmups in the game now in my opinion. I think a lot of the changes over the years was reactive to the hysteria of people complaining and now we have warmups everywhere and to me it doesn't particularly feel as fun for some classes and makes some classes feel a little bit clunky to play. You're completely right that years have passed and classes behave very differently, personally I don't know how some classes will perform post launch there's no way for us to test that. With the addition of the abilities being added back to the classes, each class has about the same number of abilities they have had in the past. There may have been 2-3 extra abilities on some classes but there were also classes where they had a handful of abilities that weren't used at all because they weren't ever worth using and didn't fit a keybind spot however that was a very very long time ago. So generally the current number of abilities on each class that we added very recently is about consistent to what the classes were in the past.
yeah, thanks for the feedback on that. Thanks for working hard to try and make class balancing good