• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Muffle [Skill]

agentjwall

Godly
So I was doing a little sneaking the other day but I realized I was out of arrows, Knowing that I couldn't use summonarrow without giving my presence away. Then it hit me, an awesome rogue skill would be one that could hide the announcements for using skills. With rogue classes being focused on stealth and espionage an ability to temporarily stifle skill messages would be incredibly beneficial.

If not a general rogue ability, then it would probably be best suited to Ninja or Thief. Alternatively it would make a great party skill, muffling all party members instead of just you. This would most likely be a Bard skill although it might work on other classes as well.

Well, let me know what you think!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's an interesting concept - I wonder... Sleaker ease of implementing a 1-2 minute skill that 'silences' your skill use from others for that period of time?

agentjwall

Godly
I may be wrong but couldn't you just modify the /hero stfu <skill> command? Didn't it make it so other players couldn't hear the skill messages in the past? I though that's how it used to work but I may be crazy...

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
It's an interesting concept - I wonder... Sleaker ease of implementing a 1-2 minute skill that 'silences' your skill use from others for that period of time?

Better yet, a counter. (e.g. the next 3 skills cast will be muffled). This way your skill will be muffled, but letting someone fully buff would be a little...

agentjwall

Godly
The skill would most definitely break on taking damage but I'm not sure of whether it should break on dealing damage. On one hand it might be too powerful to not break (or it could render the skill almost useless), but if it didn't you could use it to stealthily take out foes without alerting others. I suppose the best way would be for it to break on dealing damage but not send out an alert that it deactivated.

Wait, wat if it silenced death messages too? That would be an interesting twist, and very useful...

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
The skill would most definitely break on taking damage but I'm not sure of whether it should break on dealing damage. On one hand it might be too powerful to not break (or it could render the skill almost useless), but if it didn't you could use it to stealthily take out foes without alerting others. I suppose the best way would be for it to break on dealing damage but not send out an alert that it deactivated.

Wait, wat if it silenced death messages too? That would be an interesting twist, and very useful...

A different skill could be a skill that masks your skill with another skill! For example, you use summon arrow, but it says you used bolt, or w.e.

Joka10

Soulsand
Yessss best skill idea I have ever seen. I am pretty good at sneaking around and am a ranger. I don't have summonarrow yet, but I know that when I do, and if I'm trying to get someone without them knowing I'm there, I won't want it to play that message thingy. I can mask my presence pretty well on my own. However, all those messages are really annoying when you're trying to sneak up on someone.

I don't think it should break on dealing damage for one big reason. Basically, if you're sniping somone (especially a Ranger who has track), you don't want them to know who to look for. If they know what your skin is, for instance, they're more likely to spot it if they know to look for it. And if they have track... they can definitely find you.

Silencing death messages would also be cool... I don't know about silencing your own death message. That seems almost useless. However, if you're taking down a bunch of people one at a time, you don't want them to know who to look for, which would be revealed once you got one kill...

Definitely a good skill idea. It should be a universal rogue skill because of the general sneaky aspect of all of the classes. However, in a caster class, it might also be useful... A caster can't sneak around, really, because pretty much every attack they use is a skill that gives off a message.

agentjwall

Godly
I don't think it should break on dealing damage for one big reason. Basically, if you're sniping someone (especially a Ranger who has track), you don't want them to know who to look for.

Silencing death messages would also be cool... I don't know about silencing your own death message. That seems almost useless. However, if you're taking down a bunch of people one at a time, you don't want them to know who to look for, which would be revealed once you got one kill...

A caster can't sneak around, really, because pretty much every attack they use is a skill that gives off a message.

Thanks for the feedback!

The only problem with breaking on damage is that without it it could very well be too possible (Although there's really no way to be sure without testing it out)

Yes, I ment silencing the death message of your victims. Don't know what the point of silencing your own would be...

I'm thinking that casters should not get muffle. If you're a caster and want to be sneaky, you're playing the wrong class IMO...