• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Monthly PvP Tournament revamp

agentjwall

Godly
I've been bothered by the problems with the PvP tournaments for a while now. With the TCs controlling the tourney there seems to be little motivation to enter. (even though there still are decent 2nd and 3rd place prizes). I'd hate for the Tournaments to die out considering that they are our only server-wide events nowadays and they can be quite fun to watch. Here's my proposed solution:

1.) The PvP tournaments are split into two consecutive events: The General Tournament and the Champion's Tournament:

General Tournament
This would be just like the current tournament except the Champions aren't allowed to participate. 1st 2nd and 3rd prizes are given out just like before, but on top of the normal prize, the 1st place team gets to go on to the Champion's tournament.
Champion's Tournament
This would be a battle royal between the current champions and the winners of the General Tournament. The winner is declared the champion.

2.) There would be 2 separate titles [Victor] and [Champion]; [Victor] would go to the winners of the General Tournament, and [Champion] would go to the current champions of the arena.

3.) The champions would get a different prize for holding their title. Perhaps a special plot in DG.
([+190,+160] or [+120,+240] might work...)

4.) perhaps the post-tournament FFA event could be reinstated. I know many people thoroughly enjoyed it while it was around...

These adjustments would hopefully encourage more people to enter the PvP tournaments and make them more enjoyable for everyone. Titles and the prize are completely up for debate and serve only as an initial spring-board for alternate possibilities.

I'd love to hear your opinions as well!
Jwall

c12095

Holy Shit!
Love the idea, because to be honest i'm pretty sure we scared off most people from joining anymore lol

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
A good idea in addition to yours would be to implement different arenas/battlegrounds. Do you know why TC are usually rocking everything in the arena? It's because they're all close-combat specs. If we have different arenas where different types of specs shine, maybe it won't be so one sided all the time.

c12095

Holy Shit!
A good idea in addition to yours would be to implement different arenas/battlegrounds. Do you know why TC are usually rocking everything in the arena? It's because they're all close-combat specs. If we have different arenas where different types of specs shine, maybe it won't be so one sided all the time.

Last time I checked, Necromancer is a caster, same with the Wizard we had during the second tournament we won...

c12095

Holy Shit!
If you're implying that a Necro is not mid-range/close combat than I will be surprised....

Pretty sure a Necromancer tries to stay away from the melee guys trying to bash his head in, but thats just my opinion.

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
The thing that would happen with this idea is that TC would just enter two teams to get Victor and Champion. We would have both our teams at the end, and then we are back where we started :p. Good idea though.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
A thing I have experienced on another server i've played is an arena system with rankings although it was only 1v1's Could herocraft implement there own version of this maybe even like WoW where 2v2s and 3v3s and 5v5s and then there could be an automated system which would hand out Titles at the end of every 2 weeks or every month and prize money to teams?

I understand that people may still feel threatened by the idea that TC will just win this again, However there will be different kinds of fights for example the 2v2s where 2 players may work better together than if they were in a 5v5 team.
This would mix things up a bit and give everyone an easier chance of playing and joining in.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Pretty sure a Necromancer tries to stay away from the melee guys trying to bash his head in, but thats just my opinion.

Yeah, that way it can't despair, plague people in confined spaces, or drainsoul. That's actually a pretty good idea.

agentjwall

Godly
I like the idea of different arenas & types of battles. It could be pretty fun if the tourney was more like a big festival with a bunch of different events and prizes: FFA, 2v2, 3v3, TFFA, etc. That way everyone could take part in the fun!

Aetosion

Obsidian
Actually, the first tournament we won I was a Wizard. That was fun.

The reason the TC wins is the composition of the team. Not necessarily reliant on melee/range, but it's another few factors our dedicated Certhia Familiaris Collegium has discovered and made a team based on.

I'm fairly confident TC would win in any arena, but I've long been a proponent of using a different style of arena. I've played ranged classes too long to not recognize the issue. Perhaps the Archery Range that's under DG?