• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mob vs player survival

Beau_Nearh

Portal
To cut it short, think "left 4 dead". Players will spawn in a premade structure and will have a certain amount of time to gather resources that are scattered throughout chests until a horde is released. And I'm not talking weak mobs, I'm talking zombies with 5000 HP+ with various armor on. Creepers with speed buffs and cave spiders (they don't need buffs, let's be serious). So here's a little breakdown of it;

PVE event
Pre-made structure(s)
Players can help each other or try and get them killed faster
No time limit, last player standing wins
Players can break or place blocks

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't know about this. Can you detail some more about how one would try to get another killed, with block placing enabled wouldn't one just build a wall? Can another player go through a horde of mobs to get to the wall to let the monsters kill the other player? I think the not being allowed to place/break blocks would be more effective and also open up the possibility of map design.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I don't know about this. Can you detail some more about how one would try to get another killed, with block placing enabled wouldn't one just build a wall? Can another player go through a horde of mobs to get to the wall to let the monsters kill the other player? I think the not being allowed to place/break blocks would be more effective and also open up the possibility of map design.

Well this event would be a heavily PVE exclusive event so PVP would be off but I do agree with the ability to place/ destroy blocks should be disabled. Maybe we enable the use of TNT use/ placement, scatter the TNT in various chests as loot and have it so that blocks can be destroyed (then regens the area?) so players could use that as a method of trapping someone. Other than that, I can't think of any other game mechanics that shout be added