• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mason Skill Ideas

Sn0wBorn

Iron
Right now mason isn't a very useful class to play as. All you can do is make lifts and other ICs that are only useful for towns and guilds. So, I thought of some new skills

Refine Stone: 15s cd and 20 mana cost (not sure about numbers)

You turn 16 cobblestone into 16 smooth stone

Sell blocks: same cost as making a shop

You can create shops to sell blocks and building materials.

let me know what you think of the ideas!

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
As a Mason, I do agree that our class is slightly useless. We mostly go hand-in-hand with an Engineer and they can do More and Better things then we can.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I wonder what people think about allowing masons to get other building materials more easily
I know that when we need a lot of sandstone, we just tear up a section of desert (I try to flatten and repair, but not always), which leaves things ugly and destroyed.

Maybe allow masons to change stone or cobble or some other cheap block into sandstone, to allow people to have more access to these building materials, without destroying the landscape

Also maybe sift gravel -> sand (maybe + flint)

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
I wonder what people think about allowing masons to get other building materials more easily
I know that when we need a lot of sandstone, we just tear up a section of desert (I try to flatten and repair, but not always), which leaves things ugly and destroyed.

Maybe allow masons to change stone or cobble or some other cheap block into sandstone, to allow people to have more access to these building materials, without destroying the landscape

Also maybe sift gravel -> sand (maybe + flint)
Why do we need sandstone?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Mason Skill:
Workbench: You enter a crafting table inventory, allowing you to craft any one item without targeting a physical crafting table. Low utility, so it could be low level skill with a minor resource cost and a 5-10 sec cooldown.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
If possible -
55-60 Mason Skill: Masonic Brotherhood

Mason can place Gates and Lifts that ONLY MASONS can toggle by hitting the sign, others must use a set up power source. This would mean that masons could have personal residences or small areas in their towns that are exclusive to their specilization, which is fitting of Mason's, as throughout history the construction industry has always been one of the first to organize/guild it up.

Possible? Thoughts?

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
If possible -

Mason can place Gates and Lifts that ONLY MASONS can toggle by hitting the sign, others must use a set up power source. This would mean that masons could have personal residences or small areas in their towns that are exclusive to their specilization, which is fitting of Mason's, as throughout history the construction industry has always been one of the first to organize/guild it up.

Possible? Thoughts?
seems like this might be a higher ranked donor award...

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
If possible -

Possible? Thoughts?
This is a wonderful idea.

Sn0wBorn

Iron
How about with the new quartz blocks having masons being the only ones to craft or place them? It would make masons important for people and towns who want to use them.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
How about with the new quartz blocks having masons being the only ones to craft or place them? It would make masons important for people and towns who want to use them.

Quartz isn't that special to only have 1 profession be allowed to place it.