• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lvling as a combat class

There wasa post recently about a paladins lay of hands not giving exp.you then fixed it and set it to 5 exp. That is great but I am a cleric and bandage gives almost 2 exp which is alright but my pray ability gives me less then one and it has a 30 second cooldown. I feel like if the skills were worth more then Lvling wouldn't be so difficult as a combat class. Are there any plans for exp adjustments for mobs or skills or is it easier then I'm making it out to be?

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I specced as a Monk, and I've been finding it tough too. That's why I'm building a mob spawner to feed mobs into a combat area. It's going to be great.

iFizzE

Legacy Supporter 5
No, I think the new rule was you cannot have many dark rooms for the sole purpose of monster spawning, or am I wrong?

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Here's a citation for you: if you build a structure that kills the mobs for you, or lets you kill mobs while out of harm's way, that's a no-no. Building a structure that creates mobs for you to fight is a-okay.

Wait, how are you "building" a mob spawner? :confused:

If you're curious, my mob spawner will be a 15x15 structure, 20 blocks high, deep underground. Floors will be 3 blocks high, and a staircase of water will flow gently in a helical pattern around the perimeter, safely bringing the mobs down to the brightly lit bottom floor for me to fight. There will be a bit of flowing water on each floor, encouraging the mobs to go out to the staircase. I'm trying to design to balance maximum dirt space with maximum mob flow, and making sure the mobs can't take fall damage, and that the water is never two blocks deep (so the mobs won't drown).

On a side note, with all the ore I'm digging, I regret not doing this while I was still getting XP from mining. Tip to all you pre-spec'd PvP classes: build your spawner now, while it still counts ;)

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Wow, Doreagarde, would you mind showing me this (sometime ingame)? I'd like to make one myself.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Wow, Doreagarde, would you mind showing me this (sometime ingame)? I'd like to make one myself.
Sure! It honestly won't be that complex. People have built humungous, monolithic ones before, and those have been taken down, because huge amounts of mobs lag the server. Mine's going to be modest, and built for casual grinding.

I'd also like to note that I'm building it underground and in the wilderness, in a place where the chunk won't normally be loaded, so the server won't be spawning mobs with nobody to kill them. This is also to minimize lag.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Sure! It honestly won't be that complex. People have built humungous, monolithic ones before, and those have been taken down, because huge amounts of mobs lag the server. Mine's going to be modest, and built for casual grinding.

Alright, sounds good :p

Ragglez

Wood
There wasa post recently about a paladins lay of hands not giving exp.you then fixed it and set it to 5 exp. That is great but I am a cleric and bandage gives almost 2 exp which is alright but my pray ability gives me less then one and it has a 30 second cooldown. I feel like if the skills were worth more then Lvling wouldn't be so difficult as a combat class. Are there any plans for exp adjustments for mobs or skills or is it easier then I'm making it out to be?

Back on topic. The reason Paladins get 5xp for Layahands is because it uses 100% mana and takes a lot longer to cooldown. So theoretically if you wanted lvl with skills you could just pray twice in roughly the same amount of time that Paladins could layhands. (fyi Paladins also have pray now and it only gives 2xp)