• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Low level rule

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
If you dont like getting killed because you are low level, you should play in Shrine where PVP doesnt exist, and then come back to PVP when you arent low level. Its that simple.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
its going to happen, you're at least lv 10 something before it happens though. alot of people would actually be willing to help you considering most of the playerbase doesnt camp graveyards. I also recommend joining a town, it'd help alot. and I'm with u on shrine, I dont go there, no risk :p

My members and I are making a town atm but its not near total completion. A large problem is rapture, they camp graveyards.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
Leveling on shrine is still rather fast, or at least comparable with the other servers, at least at lower levels, when you factor in that you may take a lot of time getting back to where you were and re-gathering materials every time you're killed on haven/ruins. The exp rate on haven/ruins may be higher than on shrine, but the time you actually spend doing things that gain exp is going to be a lot higher on shrine since you're not being killed all the time.

Basically, the lower exp rate on shrine is more or less offset by being able to spend all of your time leveling without interruptions. Don't want to die? Go to shrine.

Also to help balance out the problem with PvP. Possibly look into finding a new plugin that allows a level attack range. Example:

Being able to attack someone 5 levels below you and five levels above you.
Level 10 could attack 5's -15's
Level 30 could attack 25's - 35's
And so on..

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Also to help balance out the problem with PvP. Possibly look into finding a new plugin that allows a level attack range. Example:

And so on..
With shrine added in, restrictions on PvP are pointless. Haven is the chaotic map with PvP and shrine is PvE only.

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't know what you are complaining about I can lvl for hours straight and not be killed once, and you would have a better chance if you still want the higher xp to go to Ruins since most rangers are in haven or shrine and cant track cross world so you only need to worry about ninjas and also @mikehk they removed all pvp restrictions because of the release of shrine

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
This will just lead to people twinking themselves and resetting their levels every time they hit 5 so they can continue noob hunting, the only difference would be that they couldn't use diamond equipment.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
This will just lead to people twinking themselves and resetting their levels every time they hit 5 so they can continue noob hunting, the only difference would be that they couldn't use diamond equipment.
Oh no, the epidemic of people switching classes so they can fight lost souls on fair ground...OH THE HORROR!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't know what you are complaining about I can lvl for hours straight and not be killed once, and you would have a better chance if you still want the higher xp to go to Ruins since most rangers are in haven or shrine and cant track cross world so you only need to worry about ninjas and also @mikehk they removed all pvp restrictions because of the release of shrine
rly? appears i need to get a bit updated XD anyways, I stand by my part that u join a town ASAP, unless u can handle the PvP of course, then by all means, live free!

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
A lot of it has to do with location. If Rapture is always killing you either go to Shrine to level, or move your town in progress to the opposite side of the map from them to make it very inconvenient for them to 'farm' you. Long story short, we all dealt with getting killed at lower levels...just be happy that you have Shrine as an option now. Last map, there was no other place to go to speak of where you could be SAFE from PvP. As they said, the fact that you can level in Shrine without fear of getting 'ganked' really does offset the lower xp rate. Moral of the story: people shouldn't complain about getting killed at low level when there are numerous ways to either avoid it completely, or severely lessen the chance of it happening.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Bonkers, please stop making the same suggestion in multiple threads (with different verbage) after it has already been shot down. We encourage new ideas, but making the same one multiple times is rather pointless. Cheers!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

And so on..
While I liked the level-spread, this has been in Heroes for 2ish years its just never "worked" - @Sleaker can go more in-depth on this if he feels like it.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
A lot of it has to do with location. If Rapture is always killing you either go to Shrine to level, or move your town in progress to the opposite side of the map from them to make it very inconvenient for them to 'farm' you. Long story short, we all dealt with getting killed at lower levels...just be happy that you have Shrine as an option now. Last map, there was no other place to go to speak of where you could be SAFE from PvP. As they said, the fact that you can level in Shrine without fear of getting 'ganked' really does offset the lower xp rate. Moral of the story: people shouldn't complain about getting killed at low level when there are numerous ways to either avoid it completely, or severely lessen the chance of it happening.
Try back in DG, no where was safe! Always pvp and people camping low levels. People need to be more grateful for shrine :p