• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Lets chat about the Release. Beta first, then release.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hey Herocraft,
I don't like making these posts. But I'll just get it out in the open. I waited for an entire month for a paid developer to finish Townships, we basically got scammed, that pushed back a lot of work and things that were necessary. We have a claim open in paypal to get back the money, but its more about the time lost.

Let me take a second to let you know how difficult a release is. There's 80+ moving parts (plugins,configs,balances,building, you name it) all these parts have to be in a functional state and tested, some systems new, some old, but either way everything has to be "fresh" data, so it requires a steady hand to go by all of them and make sure the configs line up, the databases are sync'd, ITS NOT FUN as a one man job.

Our new developer @Morphan1 has been lighting up the code branch for the last two weeks but realistically, this Township plugin is far larger than two weeks. We're cramming 5 years worth of logic into a plugin that really needs testing and feedback from the player base. We are creating an entire TOWNSHIP plugin from scratch that is by my design and will mirror and reflect the communities wants and feelings. WE NEED FEEDBACK AND TESTING.

I am going to release a BETA server today on the VANILLA terrain with HEROES. This server will last approximately ONE week. There will be prizes, faster leveling and overall a testing experience so people will get to know the new Townships system AND test the classes they want with the 1.9 mechanics.

The delay is due to my own failures and I take responsibility for that. I am under extreme pressure to get this functional and polished but right now the systems are barely functional and I cannot base the next 6-8 months off of something that still is riddled with bugs.

The custom terrain for the new map is set in stone, it looks amazing, the biomes are set, everything is good, the spawn had a big mishap last night and did not get completed so we could use an extra few days on that end to ensure it looks good, has the things you need to play and the pvp areas that will make it fun for weeks ahead. So as an effort to make this "beta" release fun we want to grant the testers rewards for the new map so they have an edge on the players who didn't assist in the testing.

BETA RELEASE ---- DATA WILL BE RESET ON THE FULL RELEASE
Rewards: (Goes to Town Leader unless specified)
  • First town created -- 1000c at the start of the map
  • 100 Chunks claimed -- 1000c at the start of map
  • Reached max town upgrade level -- 2000c at the start of the map
  • First Mastery of COMBAT class -- 1000c at the start of the map
  • First to 100 kills -- 10 unopened crates at the start of the map (@Wild_Porygon)
  • For every 1000c you make on this BETA you'll keep 100c of it on release. (This may take some work to get correct) -- Will confirm with /money top 100
  • First Mastery of CRAFTER -- 500c at the start (GRATS @TESTIFICAT )
    (I'm also on board for additional prizes, that you guys would want or think needs testing)
  • /pvp top (#1 slot - gets a FREE SUPPORTER TIER UPGRADE)
  • /pve top (#1 slot - gets a FREE SUPPORTER TIER UPGRADE)
  • /money top (#1 slot - gets a FREE SUPPORTER TIER UPGRADE)
To all:
I know this post will come as a massive let down to several players but I just ask you bear with us and understand that staff is under extreme pressure and its not something we want to delay any more than it has been.

Thank you for reading and I really hope you are patient enough to see the new release and rework of Herocraft at its full fruition.

PLEASE LEAVE MECHANIC'S FEEDBACK AT THIS THREAD.
Modpack with Keybinds.

Last edited:

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
I feel that giving money away is not a good idea. Gives to much of an early advantage tbh.

No, money is a good prize. Helps get the map started with solid towns. Might screw up the economy a tad, but oh well.
I mean, you snooze you lose..
early bird guts the worm..
Simply, we are just being rewarded for the work that we put into. So in that sense, were not messing up much of anything. Except for maybe .3% of the economy lol

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Its allowing players to get currency / something for their work. Technically speaking, we could keep heroes levels and exp.... but I think that would yield more problematic...

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Als, @Kainzo, I believe it should be a requirement that we send a screenshot confining how much money we earned in beta to receive the 10% in launch.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
What are we supposed to be testing. Looks like just the new township plugin... Anything else ? Another thing you could give besides cash would be to allow people to start earlier than the public. That way people can secure their town locations that they really, really, really want... Also, is / will the wiki be updated for the new map ?

Xargun

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
What are we supposed to be testing. Looks like just the new township plugin... Anything else ? Another thing you could give besides cash would be to allow people to start earlier than the public. That way people can secure their town locations that they really, really, really want... Also, is / will the wiki be updated for the new map ?

Xargun
This isn't Overwatch, we're not throwing out the term "Beta" as an advert to generate hype.
Townships is, flat out, not done enough to do a release.

If we were to do an "early" release for certain people, that would be delaying the actual release by that much time.
We've delayed enough.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Xargun
What 0xn said. We need Heroes 1.9.4 tested as well. Its important.