• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How To Install Macros, optifine and Minimap just will installers!

Deztrox

Legacy Supporter 4
How to install Macros, Optifine and Minimap just with installers!
THIS WORKS WITH PC AND MAC
Basic Information
Hello! This tutorial will show you how to install Macros, mini-map and optifine with ease! I have had trouble with all the different tutorials people have showed me as I find whenever I open my minecraft version jar, something always brakes. So I have found a way to install these 3 mods using just installers!

Required Downloads
NOTE: Please download the 1.7.2 version for all of these files
Minecraft Forge - http://files.minecraftforge.net/
Voxel mini-map - http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/zans-minimap/
Optifine - http://optifine.net/home.php
Macros - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/467504-172-macro-keybind-mod-01002-beta-release/
Lite Loader - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1868280-172api-liteloader-for-minecraft-172/

Steps
Step 1 - Download all the mods and organize them like this on your desktop.
Lb7rSqi.jpg

Step 2 - Install Minecraft Forge.
5FZuVx4.jpg

Step 3 - Install Optifine.
v8KbMF2.jpg

Step 4 - Open Lite Loader and check mark the boxes chain to Optifine and chain to Minecraft Forge. Click install.
L1jYgTS.jpg

Step 5 - Go to your minecraft folder and create a mods folder if one does not already exist.
27GzPlK.png

Step 6 - Make sure macros has the .litemod ending if it does not. Drag and drop the Voxel mini-map .jar and the macro .liteloader into the mods folder.
AQuUTjQ.jpg

Step 7 - Voila! Make sure to select the minecraft forge profile and all should work!
3KNDZmc.jpg

Ask me questions in the comments please!

Last edited:

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Is this guide specific to Crap? Err Mac? I used a different method for Windows 7.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Everything else is fine but I can't seem to get Optifine and also the macro mod to work.

Last edited:

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Nvm, instead of logging into the Forge profile, I logged in the Liteloader profile. Fixed it.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
The Cave Mode afaik dosen't even work and also there is a radar button but you can't click it to enable it.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
the earliest version of minecraft that i have is 1.7.4. What is a good site to download v 1.7.2 of minecraft? none of this will work with v 1.7.4 apparently as I have the downloads and have already tried to install to no avail

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
There you will see a "Use Version: *current minecraft version your client is using*"
select "release 1.7.2" save profile then run mine craft

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok nvm. Don't install the Zan's minimap guys. Last night when I downloaded it, radar and cave mode didn't work but now for some reason they work.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
There you will see a "Use Version: *current minecraft version your client is using*"
select "release 1.7.2" save profile then run mine craft

once again when you buy minecraft it doesn't come with older versions of the game. when i am in launcher and i go to switch the version there are only two choices v 1.7.4 and v 1.7.5.. if you want to see this for yourself buy a copy of minecraft for a friend or family member and look at the versions you get with your purchase.. there is NO v 1.7.2 among the choices in the launcher. i will record what is on my screen so you can see that there is no versions earlier then 1.7.4 in the options to select from if anyone else has the same solution to this problem.

Deztrox

Legacy Supporter 4
Lol what a train wreck. Giving people radar, way to go.
For some reason the radar doesn't work for me. I just thought the server had a setting which disabled it. And glacial btw I spent time making this and unless you know how to get all the mods to work together im using this until the modpack comes out. Go ahead and try :p

Deztrox

Legacy Supporter 4
GUYS I MESSAGED KAINZO A WEEK AGO IN FORUMS IF ITS LEGAL OR NOT AND IF HE HASN'T REPLIED I'M GONNA GO WITH ITS LEGAL. KAINZO OR STAFF MEMBER PLEASE SAY SO IF WE CANNOT USE IT AS I HAVE ALREADY ASKED AND HAD NO ANSWER.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo what is the decision on the minimap in this installation, please? It appears to be Zan's minimap. It has features that are similar to an often-mentioned banned mod.

May we have a decision, please, before any players get caught out and banned for using illegal mods. Thank you.

My recollection is that Zan's minimap or a very similar one was included in the mod's package put together by @gabizou and @Rumblestikk at the beginning of this map.

When it was realized that it was in fact Zan's minimap with these particular features of concern, it was removed from the installation.

Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
@Kainzo what is the decision on the minimap in this installation, please? It appears to be Zan's minimap. It has features that are similar to an often-mentioned banned mod.

May we have a decision, please, before any players get caught out and banned for using illegal mods. Thank you.

My recollection is that Zan's minimap or a very similar one was included in the mod's package put together by @gabizou and @Rumblestikk at the beginning of this map.

When it was realized that it was in fact Zan's minimap with these particular features of concern, it was removed from the installation.

Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'd say you are correct, any form of entity radar is considered illegal. You all need to simply use Rei's Minimap instead.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@BaBomba I'm talking a bit blind here because I haven't tried downloading the mods yet.

I'm hearing people aren't using Rei's because it's not available to suit the server's MC version - or something. Have you figured this out and gotten Rei's working?

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
@BaBomba I'm talking a bit blind here because I haven't tried downloading the mods yet.

I'm hearing people aren't using Rei's because it's not available to suit the server's MC version - or something. Have you figured this out and gotten Rei's working?
I believe @DEMOCALIBER made a post about installing Rei's on the server version. He should be able to confirm or not if I'm mistaken.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah it's right near the top in the General forum. I still need to get someone to Sticky it though since SO many people ask about it. I'm keeping it up to date all the way until the Mod Pack comes out, the only things currently missing is VoxelMenu (which has 1.7.2 already...I'm getting a download from Mumfrey soon hopefully), HeroMod (don't know where Unknownloner is on this...or whoever else picked up dev)...and of course the installer to tie everything together and keep the mods up to date.