• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How does armor work?

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
I understand that the more higher-quality armor that you have equipped, the less damage you take. What I'm wondering is the exact math behind the whole process.

For example, if I'm a Paladin and have a full set of iron armor equipped, and I'm hit for 200 damage, exactly how much of that incoming damage is absorbed by my armor?

Disketa777

Glowstone
I, too, would like to know this. I've heard that armor works differently in HeroCraft than in vanilla Minecraft. I also think armor in HC is far less durable than in vanilla. What are the stats behind this?

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
I, too, would like to know this. I've heard that armor works differently in HeroCraft than in vanilla Minecraft. I also think armor in HC is far less durable than in vanilla. What are the stats behind this?

That, and I think that it's something important to know from a balancing point of view. How in the hell is the community supposed to know whether Ninjas need their armor buffed from leather boots to chain if we don't even know the exact function of armor?

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
As long as I've been playing armor has been vanilla.

Full iron armor gives 7.5 armor points. At 8% per armor point that is 60% damage reduction. 200-60%=80

Also it may seem like armor on Herocraft has less durability than in vanilla because the mobs and players do far more damage than in vanilla so the armor is absorbing more damage, taking more of the durability with it.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Testing with iron sword ninja (100 damage) it seems that it really is at 8% reduction per armor point.

Test results:

882 -> 790 1 armor = 92
790 -> 706 2 armor = 84
706 -> 626 2.5 armor = 80
626 -> 550 3 armor = 76

Disketa777

Glowstone
As long as I've been playing armor has been vanilla.

Full iron armor gives 7.5 armor points. At 8% per armor point that is 60% damage reduction. 200-60%=80

Also it may seem like armor on Herocraft has less durability than in vanilla because the mobs and players do far more damage than in vanilla so the armor is absorbing more damage, taking more of the durability with it.

Well, I don't much like the less durability issue, but I bet the balance team has no intentions on fixing it. At least I know the reason for this all. ^_^