• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Honorable Killing

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
Simple suggestion. I find it very unsporting for a level 40 speced player to go around and massacre level 10 noobs to gain experience. Realisticly if you were a master of the sword and you cut down an 8 year old child you will have learned nothing from the fight.

I suggest a changed in the amount of xp you gain from killing another player by the difference in the 2 players levels.

Examples:

LvL 40 ninja kills a LvL 2 crafter = 0xp
LvL 40 ninja kills a LvL 38 mage = Full xp
LvL 40 ninja kills a LvL 50 ranger = Full xp + a small bonus

This might help stop or at least mitigate the mindless slaughter of noobs on the server and it will make fighting a player of your own status more desireable.

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
I had thought about something of a similar system awhile ago. It seems good to me but a change based on the level differance is harder to do then just simply xp based of the player level.(Note I dont know what killing xp IS so these numbers are not part of the suggestion)
Lvl 10 player: 5xp
Lvl 40 player 2oxp
Lvl 50 35xp
If it's a lvl 50 killing a lvl 50, same xp for them as a lvl 10 killing a lvl 50. For one thing this will help stop some boosting, and also is probably easier to set up.